motherinlaw
01-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Looking for info about rules

Slainte
01-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Welcome to PTO!

This is the website address for MCI-Concord:

http://www.state.ma.us/doc/facility/FConcord.html

What sort of information are you looking for?

motherinlaw
01-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Do they open the mail, can I send stamps, how about newspaper articles?

Slainte
01-04-2004, 10:23 PM
They open all the mail to check for contraband; they don't necessarily read it.

Yes, you can send stamps.

I think newspaper articles are okay. I haven't sent any myself, but I've sent crossword puzzles printed off the internet and my friend gets them okay.

I do know that you cannot send books or magazine subscriptions unless the inmate is on some sort of work program. Why, I don't know... just another mystery of the Massachusetts prison system :)

Hope that helps.

Jessica

Ms.Heather
01-04-2004, 11:56 PM
Hello and Welcome to PTO!

I am not sure about Concord, but I know that SBCC does not allow you to send in Newspaper articles. You are not even allowed to send in photocopies. What I usually do is just type them out for him, and send them in the middle of the letter or something.

The mail rules for MDOC are on their website...

http://www.state.ma.us/doc/pdfs/481.pdf

You should call the prison and ask what their rules are.

:)

xO notorious
01-06-2004, 05:06 PM
no magazines in concord, not even from the publisher... yes u can send stamps... no they do not read mail, its opened, but not nessasarily read. i visit concord... if u want, PM me

motherinlaw
01-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Sports news downloaded from internet sent, heard today they were received with no problem. Thanks everybody for your info and support.

Slainte
01-06-2004, 08:01 PM
You're welcome! Don't be a stranger :)

shiva65
01-07-2004, 05:58 AM
welcome motherinlaw .to the massachusetts pto forum .. as you can see all your questions.. will be answered!!!

Hey girls happy new year.. and stay warm.. BURRRR

Donna

gramof7
01-07-2004, 06:19 AM
Is he going to stay in Concord for the rest of his sentence? If not, you may want to send as many stamps as you can. I did for my loved one, and now he has moved, but doesn't have to spend canteen buying them.
One more piece of advice I have, if you purchase a card to buy him food while you are visting...get an extra one when you have a chance...so often..the machine is broken to buy new ones or add to the old one..

Monique281
01-15-2004, 02:50 PM
I sent postage stamps before and they sent me a letter saying he couldn't have them but they wasn't returned either. I'll check before sending postage stamps.

motherinlaw
01-15-2004, 08:59 PM
He's not suppose to stay at Concord, he is suppose to be moved after the first 1-3 months. He has 3 years to serve. Did send stamps and he was able to have them. also was able to get downloaded (from internet) sports pages. Visited him Tuesday for the first time, was not impressed!

Monique281
01-15-2004, 09:25 PM
I know you can send things of the internet because have printed dozens of things off the internet and we never had any problems.

motherinlaw
01-15-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm learning! I think I have the mail rules figured out now. I really didn't have a clue about the prison system for males and I work in a lock up for females.

sexysouto
03-08-2004, 10:45 PM
When Kevin was at Concord, everyone usually starts out there depending on their security level. They get classed from there and usually stay there like someone else commented 1-3 months depending on how SLOW class board gets to them and to find an available bed. Some inmates request to be classed to concord, which is not my suggestion unless they would otherwise go to Walpole or Shirley Max which are worse. At least at Concord you get visits where you are not behind glass or something. When I went there you could sit side by side, but thanks to a couple I knew and some other people you can no longer sit side by side, you sit across from each other with a tape line seperating you that you cannot cross. About mail, I sent internet stuff,stamped envelopes here and there, no mags but they can order them I think from a publisher brand new only, most jails in Ma do not allow you to send them or get them off ebay etc. You have to get it delivered say from STUFF magazine. Alot of inmates get STUFF and Maxim. I heard they were going to ban them because of the "how to make (bombs,guns,alchol etc)-----" articles.The plus was that concord you can send nudies, full nudity pictures. AT least when he was there LOL. Not one other prison he has allowed that. Norfolk and Old Colony contraband anything that shows nipples or hair or uhum..down there LOL.. I did not mind concord visits except that there were so many people and they took in only a few at a time. But when I got to Norfolk visits I realized exactly how BAD it can get. They are slow on purpose and sit and talk for 30 minutes inbetween each group. Also watch out for the big red head, she likes copping a feel in the search room if you don't pass the metal detector. grrrr! Well good luck..