View Full Version : Has anyone else heard this??? (Apalachee going YO)

pbandk
04-18-2009, 09:12 PM
My guy just told me that they decided recently in Tallahassee that they will be turning Apalachee into a youthful offender camp and that all the people there will be transferred. Is this just useless chatter? Thanks.

SapphireRose137
04-19-2009, 07:55 AM
My guy just told me that they decided recently in Tallahassee that they will be turning Apalachee into a youthful offender camp and that all the people there will be transferred. Is this just useless chatter? Thanks.

No not about Apalachee but my guy is in Jefferson and he said the guards are talking about Jefferson being turned in to a transition center and anyone with more then 3 years would be transferred out. That would be happening in June we will see. Lots of rumors

ricoswifey
04-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Not sure, there have been lots of rumors...it's like a he say/she say game you know... A friend of mine just started working as a CO at everglades ci & she says there's always some type of rumors going around but they (the CO's) know just about as much as we do...The same way we hear stuff, they hear it blah blah blah... My best thing for stuff concerning to DOC is to believe it when you actually see it.

SapphireRose137
04-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Very true when something happens then believe it. Other wise it is all rumors:eek:

hemakesmesmile
04-19-2009, 05:33 PM
my boyfriend also heard a rumor that they are turning madison c.i. into a lifer's camp and are going to start transferring people out of there during the summer. no idea if it's true or not

pbandk
04-19-2009, 07:31 PM
So, are they basically (allegedly anyway) grouping like criminals together? I'm just confused as to what is going on. Maybe I should try his CO just for the off chance that she might know something. We shall see. Thanks guys.

Anna Sanborn
04-28-2009, 04:34 PM

just the East unit will be a youth camp not the West unit. Muy sonis in the west unit and he told me they are already sendin the young men from Lancaster there in the East unit. Problems already. Backin the 80 this was a youth camp and they are going back. Apalachee is a veryold and dirty camp. With leaky roof not a good place to be. Pray your man will be sent to Franklin and not Gulf if he is moved. Liberty is not good either. West is Ok but not ideal either. Wakulla is a good camp if if you can get into the Faith camp. My son can't get to Franklin because he is from Franklin and we know all the guards or most of them. good luck

ricoswifey
04-28-2009, 06:17 PM
just the East unit will be a youth camp not the West unit. Muy sonis in the west unit and he told me they are already sendin the young men from Lancaster there in the East unit. Problems already. Backin the 80 this was a youth camp and they are going back. Apalachee is a veryold and dirty camp. With leaky roof not a good place to be. Pray your man will be sent to Franklin and not Gulf if he is moved. Liberty is not good either. West is Ok but not ideal either. Wakulla is a good camp if if you can get into the Faith camp. My son can't get to Franklin because he is from Franklin and we know all the guards or most of them. good luck

ACI is verrryy old/dirty! My hubby used to be there, one time I went to visit, they had the vp closed because they were removing asbestos...anyhow they had the visit in the chapel so I had the "pleasure" of walking thru half the prison LOL...it wasn't what I pictured prison would look like. Looks like an old school..I heard yeaaars ago before it was a prison, it was an army base...Anyhow back to topic, so maybe this is true after all, I just don't get it with them being so "tight" on the budget why they are doing all this moving around. But yet good adjustment transfers are taking forrrever & they reason they give is cuz of the "tight" budget..Oh well DOC will do things there way, there time right...

Anna Sanborn
04-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Has any one any news about the gain time, for non violent inmates getting more gain time? Someone said something about LUMP SUM GAIN TIME I can't find out about his. My son said after you get the 85 % then you are locked in and get no more time off. Would be nice for him to come home. :) Missing him very much. Just too tired to travel to ACI to see him 90 miles. Alga's Mom

surgarfoot
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Has any one any news about the gain time, for non violent inmates getting more gain time? Someone said something about LUMP SUM GAIN TIME I can't find out about his. My son said after you get the 85 % then you are locked in and get no more time off. Would be nice for him to come home. :) Missing him very much. Just too tired to travel to ACI to see him 90 miles. Alga's Mom
Hi my son is at ACI east unit, they moved him fromFSP west unit, and he wanted to stay, ACI east unit has a juvinile dorm, my son will be 19 this month and they already took his youthful affender away from him, and just moved him to ACI 2 weeks ago, the guards there said something about the move being a nutrtional system they just started, so they can have milk, but there we go with the rumors, ACI is an adult camp, with juveniles seperated from them in their own dorm. I drive 300 miles one way every other weekend, I could not go on with out seeing him.

Tyler'sMom
08-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Hi my son is at ACI east unit, they moved him fromFSP west unit, and he wanted to stay, ACI east unit has a juvinile dorm, my son will be 19 this month and they already took his youthful affender away from him, and just moved him to ACI 2 weeks ago, the guards there said something about the move being a nutrtional system they just started, so they can have milk, but there we go with the rumors, ACI is an adult camp, with juveniles seperated from them in their own dorm. I drive 300 miles one way every other weekend, I could not go on with out seeing him.

My son also was transferred for the National child nutrition program, to ACI East. All I have heard since he got there July 10th is how hungry he is!

Tyler's Mom:angry:

ms. pulga
08-26-2009, 08:48 AM
ok so let me understand are they going to move the adult inmates out if ACI East becomes a juve camp. My hubby is 28 and he was transferred there a week ago. ???? Where can we get more info cause he doesnt know anything about this..

pbandk
08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
My guy told me that someone who worked for the prison told him this. I have yet to hear anything else about it though. He may have been mistaken. I wish that I had more info. If I hear anything I will let you all know.

wifeofMichael
09-05-2009, 09:52 AM
They just moved my husband there yesterday, he's 38. I know they are supposed to be making some more transition places which would put my husband there if they opened one in the region. You would think it would be a better place.

So far ACI has increased my stress level from an 8 to a 10. And I'm 139 miles away. I will be going EVERY weekend through hell and high water if necessary. But I'm really worried about bringing the kids and my husband is as well.

WorkerB
09-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Okay there is a bit of msunderstanding in terms. It is not a YO (youthful offender camp) It is a Child nutrition dorm. We have also re-opened a CN dorm at Okaloosa CI. Regarding being hungry on this program, they pretty much get the same basic meal as the rest of the inmate polulation except CN's are guaranteed a little higher caloric intake including milk daily and fruit regularly. They are also fed seperately from the adult population to assure no adult inmate partakes in a CN meal, it is a very regulated, strictly monitored program. An inmate must be between 17 - 21 years old to qualify. As soon as they turn 21 they are removed from CN status

WorkerB
09-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Not becoming a juvenile camp, it has been designated a child nutrition camp with a wing or two being dedicated to CN (17-20 yr old) inmates. See reply below regarding this.

ok so let me understand are they going to move the adult inmates out if ACI East becomes a juve camp. My hubby is 28 and he was transferred there a week ago. ???? Where can we get more info cause he doesnt know anything about this..