View Full Version : Question about dress codes Polunsky Prison Unit TX

Siren
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
I will be visiting Polunsky for the first time on Saturday and can't seem to get a clear picture on what is allowed and not allowed as far as the dress code goes...even after calling the facility:confused:

I am planning on wearing jeans, a cute botton-up shirt that ties at the waist & heels. I was told that the outfit would be fine...unless it "showed my shape". LOL What does that even mean? The jeans aren't tight, but they are those jeans from Old Navy that have a little bit of stretch to them. Should those be ok? I have curves, so I don't know what I could wear that wouldn't "show my shape". Also, they said the shirt was fine as long as it wasn't too low cut. It would be up to their discretion. I'll be driving almost 500 miles for my visit & am real nervous about being turned away because of clothes. What do they consider too low cut? It's just a regular shirt, one that would be ok for work so can I assume it will be ok for a visit?

I know I'm being a pest lol, just one more question. They told me my nose piercing "might" set of the metal detector. Well...don't they know?? I guess I'm just nervous & don't want to do anything wrong...but also don't want to show up looking like I just rolled out of bed, ya know. Does anyone know more about their specifics on the dress code, or is it all up to their discretion?

Thanx:D

GraysonMom
04-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Here is a link to the TDCJ Website. I don't know if you've been given this link yet. We always carry an extra change of clothes....just in case. Every unit we've visited has been different. Here's that link, visitation and dress codes begin on page 2. Hopefully others who have visited that unit will be along soon. Hope this helps and have a great visit.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/publications/executive/gen_info_guide_families_offenders_2008.pdf

putergirl
04-15-2009, 07:44 PM
It depends on the guards. Once I wore a baggy white blouse but it was too thin and see-through that they made me change my shirt. I had to go to the nearest store to buy a t-shirt. Take an extra shirt with you just in case! As far as shoes, I've seen several people go in heels but I'd take an extra pair of those as well!

Danigran
04-16-2009, 07:18 AM
I've worn capri's, some tight, I've worn flip flops... but it does depend on the guards. Usually white is not allowed though, several of my friends have been turned away for wearing white.
A friend of mine has a nose ring, and an eyebrow piercing, along with a belly button piercing but I don't think they've ever set off the metal detector. Anything is possible, but if they know what is setting it off it should be OK. Notice I said "should", it really depends on the guards.
I would always carry a change of clothes just in case, because you never know!
Hope you have a great visit!

Siren
04-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Thanx everyone! Yes, the visit went very well. I had no problem with the outfit (but had brought a change of clothes just in case). Also, my nose piercing didn't set off the detector. I had removed the jewelry from everywhere else...but those nose piercings start to close up immediately.

Drucifer
05-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Women seem to have it rough and yes, acceptable attire is purely subjective depending on who the guards are. Bringing an extra change of clothes is always a good idea. Something plain and relaxed fit jeans are the best bets.