View Full Version : How to Telephone Riverhead Jail?

Fishnurse
04-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I received an automated phone call asking for my credit card number, and every time I entered it to put $25 on account it replied that I did not enter the number fast enough (and I flew!) Is there a phone number to set up a telephone account I can call? Thanks

JJ03
04-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi, call 1877-650-4249, its Globel Tel Link, the earlier you call the better. Hope that helps.

debnyc
04-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I received an automated phone call asking for my credit card number, and every time I entered it to put $25 on account it replied that I did not enter the number fast enough (and I flew!) Is there a phone number to set up a telephone account I can call? Thanks

If you call GTL 800 483 8314 you can set up your account.

his big sister
10-22-2012, 05:20 PM
UPDATE...Riverhead Jail now uses SECURUS for the phone. The cost is SO MUCH better. For me in Southold the cost is $1.75 to connect and ten cents per minute.the web page is :

Securustech.net

Once you set up an account with them , those guys who ask for the credit card and $25.00 are blocked somehow. And the people at Securus are nice to deal with. :thumbsup:

Liana'sMom
12-08-2012, 10:34 PM
UPDATE...Riverhead Jail now uses SECURUS for the phone. The cost is SO MUCH better. For me in Southold the cost is $1.75 to connect and ten cents per minute.the web page is :

Securustech.net

Once you set up an account with them , those guys who ask for the credit card and $25.00 are blocked somehow. And the people at Securus are nice to deal with. :thumbsup:

It's the Same company, they just changed their name (they told me when I called), it costs the Same as it did with Global Tel for a 15 min. call Regardless of where the call's received (about $5 and change) and $25 is Not blocked on your card, you tell them If you want to fund your account how much you want to put on there, $25 - $100 Plus $6.95 fee to use credit. $25 will get you about 4 fifteen min. calls. WARNING: Do NOT accept a call if you do Not have an account set up as they can charge you $10 for a 5 - 10 min. call! Also, you Can use a cell for calls But beware you May get Several dropped calls & if he calls you back Each call has that $1.75 connection fee (kickback to the facility).

his big sister
01-01-2013, 07:45 PM
I dont know how you got this info... Securus charges me $1.75 to connect plus .10 per minute. I have 4 numbers on my account that my inmate can call and depending on location the cost is different. Still much less than Global tel link. I have dealt with both named companies over the past 10 years and if they did restructure, they hired people who are in the USA and not Argentina as Global Tel Lincs were. I have a direct bill account with them and am NOT charged additional fees when i make payments on line with my credit card. The cell phone connection also has an additional 2.oo fee. A 15 minute call costs me $3.25 cents plus taxes.

It's the Same company, they just changed their name (they told me when I called), it costs the Same as it did with Global Tel for a 15 min. call Regardless of where the call's received (about $5 and change) and $25 is Not blocked on your card, you tell them If you want to fund your account how much you want to put on there, $25 - $100 Plus $6.95 fee to use credit. $25 will get you about 4 fifteen min. calls. WARNING: Do NOT accept a call if you do Not have an account set up as they can charge you $10 for a 5 - 10 min. call! Also, you Can use a cell for calls But beware you May get Several dropped calls & if he calls you back Each call has that $1.75 connection fee (kickback to the facility).