View Full Version : Question about a probation violation- HELP-DRUG TEST

TiredBob
04-07-2009, 06:30 PM
If you fail a drug test would the probation officer notify you immediately and "call you in" to notify you or do they wait for the next monthly meeting to pop you. It's a LONG shot that this friend of mine would fail this test but he still wants to know. Any info and experiences would be greatly appreciated

SugarGirl
04-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Was it a urine, blood, or hair test?

TiredBob
04-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Was it a urine, blood, or hair test?

it was a urine test taken 4 weeks ago. Like I said it's a LONG shot that he failed but he's still nervous and his meeting is tomorrow

EDIT: and thanks for the quick response

mutt
04-07-2009, 06:57 PM
ok with urine (UA) they do either a qualitative which results will be pos or neg or Quantitave which would be numbers showing how much of a drug is in system they most do the qual (pos or neg) which is like the preg test and are very quick if a drug had of came up pos they usually send it to a lab for confirmation and they will do a quant (numbers) done by gms which results would be back in a day or two at most.there is less room for error with the quant than the qual but still room for error.

SugarGirl
04-07-2009, 07:02 PM
My friend failed a drug test in TN and she knew very quickly. I think he would have been popped by now. 4 weeks is a long time.

ivecnub4
04-07-2009, 07:12 PM
when i was in the fed system they wouldnt tell you. the next time you came in the us marshalls would be waiting to haul you away. i asked the testing guy how accurate their testing system was? his answer was " its like peeing in the atlantic ocean, and being able to detect it in the pacific" needless to say it scared the shit outta me.....

TiredBob
04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
thanks for the info SG. I know he will appreciate it. IVE This guy isn't in the fed system..just misdemeanor probation. He knows it was extrememly stupid of him to even try that crap. But I figure since 4 weeks has passed he would have heard something by now. His PO even called him the other day regarding a driving class. Think he's safe?

Odd Mushroom
04-07-2009, 09:38 PM
After the test shows a positive result, it is sent off to the lab for confirmation. It is up to the P.O. what to do next.
But don't take my word for it, just ask my hubby. Oh, wait, that's not possible. He violated his parole with 2 failed piss tests. Now he pisses clean!!

superdreamATM
04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
When my hubby failed his urine test the P.O. notified him the next morning. It was VERY quick. Then about 2 days later they told him what the 2nd screen showed (as it tells you exactly whats in there).

wheelergirl
05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
My fiance failed a drug test and it took them 4 more weeks to pop him. THey send the test away to be more thoroughly tested and it just depends on if his PO is going to let this go 1 time or if she is just waiting until he goes for his next appointment. That is how they did my fiance.If you fail a drug test would the probation officer notify you immediately and "call you in" to notify you or do they wait for the next monthly meeting to pop you. It's a LONG shot that this friend of mine would fail this test but he still wants to know. Any info and experiences would be greatly appreciated