View Full Version : Emanuel County PDC

ladyshasta2000
04-06-2009, 06:41 PM
My fiance got locked up last Monday... Only 6 months thank god. Already seems like a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Does anyone have any info on this PDC? Anything I should know? How does visitation go? All that stuff... Any info is sooo apperciated! :)

Mommy4Two
04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Sorry, I don't have any info... I've seen this post sitting here a while and didn't want you to be discouraged!!! I'm sure someone will come along that'll have info on PDCs... Try some of the other posts/threads for other PDCs.... I'm sure they're all very similar... :)

AHester584
06-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Is it emanuel-swainsboro tc? That's the one i'm trying to get info on and it doesn't even have anything on the facility on the gdoc website...

Ineedsomehelp
06-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Two different ones. Emanuel PDC is a Probation Detention Center that is located in Twin City, Georgia. Emanuel TC is a Transitional Center, which is located in Swainsboro, Georgia.

Here's some information for you

Emanuel Transitional Center
P.O. BOX 218
714 Gumlog Rd
Swainsboro, GA 30401
Phone: (478) 289-2748
Fax: (478) 289-2755

Warden: Brad Hooks
Chief of Security: John Coleman
Business Manager: Carmen Hopkins
Secretary: Tessa Knight

I hope this helps. Good Luck and God Bless.
Tammy

(Emanuel PDC is host facilty) whatever that means...lol

Ineedsomehelp
06-11-2009, 08:25 PM
My son was moved to the honor dorm and things were looking up for about a week. His store call actually did not get stolen last week for the first time, since he has been there. So, I had hope that things were going to be ok. However, he received store call yesterday and it was stolen today, making the 7th time his store call has been stolen from his locker. He said he woke up this morning and his entire locker was gone. He found his locker in the shower!! They took everything again!! An amazingly enough, his bed is right across from the guard, so I guess the guard fell asleep or something when all that was going on. He has had to go on antidepressants since he went in on April 20th and the doctor up'd his dosage today. I am so worried about him. He doesn't eat the foods they serve, so I know he is going to be so hungry this week. He won't get store call again until next Wednesday. I'm so mad at the system right now. He's being punished for a crime he committed and crimes are being committed against him in there. Where is the justice in that? I am suppose to serve on jury duty next week. I don't think they want me on a jury right now!! On top of dealing with all of this, his girlfriend has decided she isn't going to let us see the baby (4 months old), because she is mad at me, because I told her that she shouldn't be putting clothing on the baby that had inappropriate wording on it. I'm stressed to the max right now. His girlfriend is partly the reason that he is where he is at right now...she's the one that was providing vodka for him when he was under age and providing drugs to him. I'm sorry, I guess I just needed to vent.

Ineedsomehelp
06-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Well, I talked to the Superintendant this morning at 8:03 a.m. about my sons locker being robbed again, for the 7th time. He assured me that he would call my son in and talk to him and see what he could do. Just got off the phone with my son at 9:09 p.m. The Superintendant NEVER called him in to talk to him today. Not only that, but someone in ANOTHER dorm approached my son when he was on the yard saying, "You need to be a man and get your Mommy to stop calling for you." How in the heck did someone in another dorm know about me calling the Superintendant, when my son didn't even know I had called him until we talked tonight???? I am so upset right now. The things going on in Emanuel Probation Detention Center are just WRONG!!

Ineedsomehelp
06-12-2009, 07:13 PM
And another thing, several of the guys in there are telling him that he is going to get his locker robbed for as long as he is in there and that two other guys are getting theres robbed next week too.

boye1964
06-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Does anyone know which phone service provider Emaunel PDC uses for inmate calling?

Two different ones. Emanuel PDC is a Probation Detention Center that is located in Twin City, Georgia. Emanuel TC is a Transitional Center, which is located in Swainsboro, Georgia.

Here's some information for you

Emanuel Transitional Center
P.O. BOX 218
714 Gumlog Rd
Swainsboro, GA 30401
Phone: (478) 289-2748
Fax: (478) 289-2755

Warden: Brad Hooks
Chief of Security: John Coleman
Business Manager: Carmen Hopkins
Secretary: Tessa Knight

I hope this helps. Good Luck and God Bless.
Tammy

(Emanuel PDC is host facilty) whatever that means...lol

boye1964
06-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know which Phone Service Provider is used for Emanuel PDC for inmate calling?

Lordbew/us
06-13-2009, 07:53 PM
And another thing, several of the guys in there are telling him that he is going to get his locker robbed for as long as he is in there and that two other guys are getting theres robbed next week too.

I just wanted to let you know I am sorry this is happening to your son. It's hard enough to have a young son in the system, let alone having to now be worried about his safety. I can not believe that the CO's are allowing this to keep happening.:angry:
It also sounds like the superintendent or whom ever you confided in violated your trust by not keep his/her mouth shut, which is really disturbing.
How in the HE:angry::angry:LL did this imate find out this information, unless the CO confronted the inmates that were suspect, but why would the CO mention you calling? You would think the CO would know better! (COMMON SENSE).

I hate that there is not very much information on the facility your son is at. Have you tried to google it. You may be able to find news articles etc... that is if anything has happened there that actually got leaked out to the media.

I don't know the system that well and at this point Thank God my son has not had a bad experience. I would be so TEMPTED to call the Warden.
Hopefully someone will come along soon and give you some good advice.

Please let us know how things are going. I will keep you and your son in my prayers!!

Ineedsomehelp
06-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know which Phone Service Provider is used for Emanuel PDC for inmate calling?
Global Tel Link is the only phone provider for Emanuel PDC.
877-650-4249

Good Luck!

Ineedsomehelp
06-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I just wanted to let you know I am sorry this is happening to your son. It's hard enough to have a young son in the system, let alone having to now be worried about his safety. I can not believe that the CO's are allowing this to keep happening.:angry:
It also sounds like the superintendent or whom ever you confided in violated your trust by not keep his/her mouth shut, which is really disturbing.
How in the HE:angry::angry:LL did this imate find out this information, unless the CO confronted the inmates that were suspect, but why would the CO mention you calling? You would think the CO would know better! (COMMON SENSE).

I hate that there is not very much information on the facility your son is at. Have you tried to google it. You may be able to find news articles etc... that is if anything has happened there that actually got leaked out to the media.

I don't know the system that well and at this point Thank God my son has not had a bad experience. I would be so TEMPTED to call the Warden.
Hopefully someone will come along soon and give you some good advice.

Please let us know how things are going. I will keep you and your son in my prayers!!

Thank You for your post and your prayers. It is very much appreciated. My husband and I visit him every Sunday, we have to, so we can make sure he is ok. I want to know the exact thing...HOW did another inmate know that I called the Superintendant? And, the strange thing, he was moved from a dorm to a new dorm and the guy that approached him to tell him about me calling was from the OLD dorm. This isn't the first time this has happened either. When he first went in, before we got the phone system set up with Global Tel, we couldn't tell him how much money he had on his account. When we visited, before we had a chance to tell him, he said, "Thanks for putting the money on my account" and he told us the exact amount. We asked him if they gave him a receipt and he said, "No, another inmate told me that you had put it on my account." I asked him, "HOW did another inmate know how much money I put on your account?" He said, "He heard the counselor talking."

Something happened the other night, he was so upset and more concerned about another boy that is in the PDC in his dorm than himself. He said the guy was having a seizure and the guards just stood around laughing and didn't do anything to help him. He said there was blood all over the place. You would think they would be trained to know that if someone is having a seizure, try to hold them down to prevent them from injuring themselves and use a spoon or something to hold the tongue down to keep them from swallowing their tongue. He told me, "Momma, they need to send that guy home. He's had 4 seizures in a month." He told me the next day that the guy was doing ok, but it shook him up really bad to see that. He had never seen anyone have a seizure before.

Do you know that when his store call was stolen 4 weeks ago, his boxers and socks were also stolen. He has repeatedly requested more boxers and socks and those request have been denied repeatedly. He has had one pair of socks and one pair of boxers for 4 weeks, going on 5 now. That's just wrong!! I have even asked if I can bring or send him new ones and was told that I can not, because they all have to wear the same kinds. It's crazy some of the things happening in these places and it doesn't seem like anybody cares...at least not from what I am seeing so far. God be with our children.

boye1964
06-14-2009, 07:48 AM
How much are you paying per phone call? By the way, from reading your post, I hope my loved on is NOT transferred to this facility but it is looking as if that will happen. This place sounds horrible! I wish you luck and hope that your son will be okay.

Global Tel Link is the only phone provider for Emanuel PDC.
877-650-4249

Good Luck!

Ineedsomehelp
06-17-2009, 02:35 PM
How much are you paying per phone call? By the way, from reading your post, I hope my loved on is NOT transferred to this facility but it is looking as if that will happen. This place sounds horrible! I wish you luck and hope that your son will be okay.

$5.00 per call for a 15 minute call. It is horrible, but I am sure there are places else where that are much worse. To make matters worse, when I called the Superintendant on Monday telling him about the incident of the other inmate approaching my son on the ground, he might as well have called me a liar. He said it didn't happen. Arggggggggggggg...this place is going to make me crazy! I sent my son a prayer cloth that has been annointed for him to put under his pillow for protection. I pray they let him have it.

They say they can't stop the locker break ins. OH YES they can, if they try. I guarantee you, if somebody's locker gets broken into and they take EVERYBODY's store call that week...it will stop, because too many inmates will be watching to see who is doing it.

Do you know that there are people in there that are already planning what they are going to do when they get out and for how long it is going to be before they come back in. I guess some of them don't mind being in a place like that. It amazes me!!

I honestly don't know how any of you that have been dealing with this for a long time can handle it. I've been dealing with this since April and I'm tired already. If not for the Lord, I wouldn't be able to make it through this ordeal. God Bless each and every one of you.

jansman12
06-17-2009, 04:29 PM
My prayers are with you and your son. Just reading your whole thread has made me so mad. I do know if it was me that was going through this I would call the ombudsmen office. (not sure if I speeled that right) That is what they are there for. I think they could also give you advice on to what you should do.

My husband tells me these things go on in every facility. They (the inmates who steal) just prey on the weak because they can.

Ineedsomehelp
06-17-2009, 06:55 PM
My prayers are with you and your son. Just reading your whole thread has made me so mad. I do know if it was me that was going through this I would call the ombudsmen office. (not sure if I speeled that right) That is what they are there for. I think they could also give you advice on to what you should do.

My husband tells me these things go on in every facility. They (the inmates who steal) just prey on the weak because they can.

Thank You. It has been suggested that I call the Ombudsman before by Kim and I am calling them in the morning. I tried to go through the proper channels at the PDC, but it is getting me no where fast. Thank You also for the scripture at the bottom of your message. God Bless You.

swainsboroga30
07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Well, I talked to the Superintendant this morning at 8:03 a.m. about my sons locker being robbed again, for the 7th time. He assured me that he would call my son in and talk to him and see what he could do. Just got off the phone with my son at 9:09 p.m. The Superintendant NEVER called him in to talk to him today. Not only that, but someone in ANOTHER dorm approached my son when he was on the yard saying, "You need to be a man and get your Mommy to stop calling for you." How in the heck did someone in another dorm know about me calling the Superintendant, when my son didn't even know I had called him until we talked tonight???? I am so upset right now. The things going on in Emanuel Probation Detention Center are just WRONG!!
hi there sorry to hear about all the trouble your son is having . i am in school for criminal justice to help people like your son . and to give them the right to fight back againest wrongful doing in side the systems . i also know from being out in the work force there is a thing called an open door policey and it is againest the georgia law for anyone to open there mouth about you calling and speaking to them . you could have there job and who ever else spoke to your son about it .. i really hope thinks get better for you guys .... you will be in my prayers :) i hope it helps a little if you need to know more just get back to me

sweetnikki02
08-17-2009, 08:14 PM
my boyfriend was just moived to emanuel pdc from southeast pdc...i like emmanuel much better than southeast. they are more down to earth and more involved in what the visitors need

Ineedsomehelp
08-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I thought I would add a follow up on the prayer cloth. My son was allowed to have it. I sent it back in June in a card and it went through the mail to him. They open every piece of mail that goes to the facility. Anyway, 2 days ago, the guards TOOK his prayer cloth away from him and are now calling it "Contraband." The guards even accused us of "smuggling" it in during visitation. Can you believe this?? He has had it since June and now they decide to take it away. The prayer cloth had been annointed by two of my pastors for my sons protection. Why on earth would they take that from my son and call it contraband. I am hating Emanuel Probation Detention Center more and more. It's just like in school...they pick no people for petty things and let the people bringing in drugs, etc get away with it all the time. I will be so glad when my son is out of that place. :( Thank You for letting me vent. God Bless each and every one of you that have a loved one in one of these places.

$5.00 per call for a 15 minute call. It is horrible, but I am sure there are places else where that are much worse. To make matters worse, when I called the Superintendant on Monday telling him about the incident of the other inmate approaching my son on the ground, he might as well have called me a liar. He said it didn't happen. Arggggggggggggg...this place is going to make me crazy! I sent my son a prayer cloth that has been annointed for him to put under his pillow for protection. I pray they let him have it.

They say they can't stop the locker break ins. OH YES they can, if they try. I guarantee you, if somebody's locker gets broken into and they take EVERYBODY's store call that week...it will stop, because too many inmates will be watching to see who is doing it.

Do you know that there are people in there that are already planning what they are going to do when they get out and for how long it is going to be before they come back in. I guess some of them don't mind being in a place like that. It amazes me!!

I honestly don't know how any of you that have been dealing with this for a long time can handle it. I've been dealing with this since April and I'm tired already. If not for the Lord, I wouldn't be able to make it through this ordeal. God Bless each and every one of you.

Ineedsomehelp
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM
my boyfriend was just moived to emanuel pdc from southeast pdc...i like emmanuel much better than southeast. they are more down to earth and more involved in what the visitors need
Southeast must have been really bad!! Some of the guards working there are very nice, but others have favorites and it shows clearly during visitation. What Emanuel PDC needs is a larger visitation area. Only 20 inmates can have visitors at a time and if you have traveled hours to visit and then are asked to leave after being there a couple hours, that isn't fair, but that's how it is. Approximately 150 inmates per visitation day are allowed to have visitors. What if they all had visitors show up. They need to at least have a place where a minimum of 75 could visit, so the 6 hour alloted time could be split.

Ineedsomehelp
08-28-2009, 09:57 AM
hi there sorry to hear about all the trouble your son is having . i am in school for criminal justice to help people like your son . and to give them the right to fight back againest wrongful doing in side the systems . i also know from being out in the work force there is a thing called an open door policey and it is againest the georgia law for anyone to open there mouth about you calling and speaking to them . you could have there job and who ever else spoke to your son about it .. i really hope thinks get better for you guys .... you will be in my prayers :) i hope it helps a little if you need to know more just get back to me

Thank You!!

baysmommy
11-20-2009, 12:44 PM
my fiance was sent to emanuel pdc monday. he isnt allowed visitation for this first week due to orientation. but they are allowing it on thanks giving. i was told i had to have some type of form and fill it out and send it in because we were not married. Where do i get this form from? also we have a two month old daughter. would i be allowed to bring her? at the jail where he was before he was sent to emanuel pdc they would not let her back because she was under the age of six. he really wants to see her and i cant seem to find any info on this pdc?!?!?!? please help!:confused:

Mommy4Two
11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
The form is called a significant other form. He should be able to get one and send it to you. You'll have to fill it out and send it back to him or his counselor. I'm not sure if the PDCs are like the prisons, but at the state prisons, yes, your daughter would be allowed to go in to see him. I hope someone with specific emanuel info comes along for you...

JessicaCox3009
11-27-2009, 01:01 PM
my husband has been a Emanuel PDC since November 09th. and he had his first store call this past tuesday, and the next day someone stole his stamps and cigarettes out of his locker.. i am not able to send my husband that much money at the current moment because i am currently umemployed and this pissed both me and him off extremly bad. also since the rates are so high on phone calls i can only talk to him once a week. and last he heard it would take two weeks for them to approve his visitation. also what i wanted to know is what is visitation like there.. can our daughter come? can he hold her? what are the rules with visitation?

lindal42
12-10-2009, 07:48 PM
i just got out of the emanaul county pdc and its not that bad,as long as you get put in e or f dorm the "honor" dorms.this is actually my moms screen name but i was reading and just wanted to voice my opinion.i was in there for 60 days and they went by fast.if your fiance can get into f dorm and talk with jonny paulson he is a good guy he will look out for him.f dorm is a laid back dorm and nothing bad ever happens,just tell him that phillips said hey,lol hope all the best for everybody and remember,they didnt kill anybody so they cant hold them forever.good luck to all.

lindal42
12-10-2009, 07:52 PM
yes he can hold his daughter,and visitation is on sat and sunday depending on which dorm he is in it is from 9 to 3 they have to give you 2 hours i have visited my family up to 5 hours before.you will be able to share a hug and kiss when you first come in,and then again when you leave.you can bring up to 20.00 in quarters for the snack and drink machines,you will be seated across from each other divided by a little plastic table.just hold your head up and be strong.the stronger you are during visitation will help him,trust me when my mom use to come see me it hurt alot more when she would start crying,i know it is hard to keep a smile in that situation but try.good luck to you and your other half.

JessicaCox3009
12-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks alot, since I posted that I have went to see my husband twice.. When he first got sent there he was in B dorm, but only after about two weeks he got transferred to F dorm.. Because it is F35.. But things are going alot better, I can go see him, and talk to him at least twice a week now.. I just know he is getting really small.. But thanks for the encouragment you gave me and we only have about 4 months left because he gets released on May 07th.. What days are the allowed to get released.. Because his release day is on a Friday..

8milesfinest
03-30-2010, 10:29 AM
I am an ex inmate at Emmanuel PDC, I hated it. All the guards are crooked. I feel sorry for anyone there

JessicaCox3009
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Yea my husband says the same thing.. They show favorites badly.. My husband's detail officer is constantly saying things to piss him off and trying to get him to strike him.. But he only has 39 more days there, so he will be out of that HELL HOLE soon enough!

iLoVeSTGjr
04-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I have been reading all these replies... I came on here to get the same info the writer of the blog did... to find out info on Emanual PDC... my husband went today.. im 13wk4d prego with our second baby... and im freakin out.. I thought maybe I would feel better finding out info ... but I feel worse.. omg is my hubby gonna get beat up? He isnt a wimp but he is my baby and I love him.. and im scared to death right now.. I havent heard a word from him... so im a mess... not to mention hormonal from the pregnancy. Does anyone know how long it usually is before they can call and say they are still alive or what not. The only way I knew where he went is because I called the jail he was at and demanded to know where the hell they have put my hubby.

CauseysWifey
05-15-2010, 03:53 PM

galemct
09-13-2010, 08:26 PM
My son was transferred to Emanuel PDC in Twin city today. From what Im reading it dosnt seem safe. He 19 with 60 days left to a 90-120 sentence, he hasnt called yet and Im worried the problems they have there. Has anyone have experience with this Place recently?? I'm hoping it's gotten better....very worried mom!
Thanks for any info

allwalker
09-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Don't stop calling. It can't get much worse for him. Call the Warden or schedule an appointment to see him. My 18 yr old son was being harrassed at Paulding Detention Center by officers. His dad called the warden several times and the warden took care of it. Unfortunately, when he defended himself to 30 year old inmate he was kicked out and now has to go to a revocation hearing. Don't give up. If the Warden doesn't help, find out who his boss is and report the guards for sleeping through it. You threaten them with a law suit if your son gets hurt because they discuss your communications with other inmates.

Mrsjwade305
09-20-2010, 04:00 PM
My brother Erik Jones was sent there Thurs. Sept 16,2010 and I would like to know how long will he be there and what is he in for? His birthday is 10/20/1968 Erik Enrico Jones:confused:

rishesseltine
07-25-2013, 10:12 PM
I have been trying to locate a inmate. He is in Emanuel Probation Detention Center. I wanted to find out info on him. Is there a site I could go to to find out? I appreciate any info someone could give me.