View Full Version : SMCI Visitation Questions

mandigp
04-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I am new to this site, but also have concerns about visitation. My husband, Bobby, is pretty new at SMCI Area 2 and had sent me a form and written me saying to send it back in for visitation. He told me to call and find out where it goes, because he has yet to see a caseworker and has no real information. He's been there since 1/13/09. Anyway, I can not get an answer on the phone, and am not even sure when I can visit. 2nd and 4th weekends? I don't know. But I live 7 1/2 hours away, and will be traveling with our 4 and 6 year old girls. I need to know that when I get there it won't be on the wrong day, too late, etc. And I need to know that I am approved. Does anyone know how to go about doing this? I tried faxing it to the number I found online for that facility, and put on the cover page to please let me know if they receive it or if I need to send it elsewhere. No response one week later. I mailed it in, but my husband doesn't know if they received it or if I am on the list. This is crazy!!! We have not seen Bobby since June of last year and calls are so expensive that they are only about once a month. Also, I sent him canteen money, but they only sent him back part of his order and would not refund his money! So he has no stamps to mail us letters. We're broke without him here to help support us! Is there anyone out there that knows the "ins and outs" of SMCI 2 and what I need to do? Thanks!

msearp99
04-20-2009, 12:43 PM
hi, sorry for the delay in replying to you.
I hope this matter is resolved for you, but if not, try these #'s and emails.
Ron King, Superintendent

South Mississippi Correctional Institution

Post Office Box 1419

Leakesville, MS 39451
(601) 394-5600

Superintendent's Fax (601) 394-4451

Records Dept. Fax (601) 394-4897

The email to MR King is: rking@mdoc.state.ms.us

HIS PHONE # is 601-394-5600 ext 1200

these are the contacts for the site:
SMCI I
Regina Hancock

Lockdown (Buildings 7 & 8), Bldg. 9, 10, 11, 12, Area III Housing Unit, Vo Tech, Law Library, MPIC, Academic School, Regimented Inmate Discipline
SMCI II
Johnnie Denmark Earnest Lee

Buildings A, B, C, D, E, Lockdown, Law Library, A & D Program, South Mississippi Medical Services
SMCI III
Joe Errington Deputy Warden
Central Security, Emergency Response Team, K-9 Unit, Common Labor, Transportation, Central Kitchen, Post Office, Laundry, Recreation Departments, Armory.

PM me if i can help!

I am new to this site, but also have concerns about visitation. My husband, Bobby, is pretty new at SMCI Area 2 and had sent me a form and written me saying to send it back in for visitation. He told me to call and find out where it goes, because he has yet to see a caseworker and has no real information. He's been there since 1/13/09. Anyway, I can not get an answer on the phone, and am not even sure when I can visit. 2nd and 4th weekends? I don't know. But I live 7 1/2 hours away, and will be traveling with our 4 and 6 year old girls. I need to know that when I get there it won't be on the wrong day, too late, etc. And I need to know that I am approved. Does anyone know how to go about doing this? I tried faxing it to the number I found online for that facility, and put on the cover page to please let me know if they receive it or if I need to send it elsewhere. No response one week later. I mailed it in, but my husband doesn't know if they received it or if I am on the list. This is crazy!!! We have not seen Bobby since June of last year and calls are so expensive that they are only about once a month. Also, I sent him canteen money, but they only sent him back part of his order and would not refund his money! So he has no stamps to mail us letters. We're broke without him here to help support us! Is there anyone out there that knows the "ins and outs" of SMCI 2 and what I need to do? Thanks!

PTO-29412
04-21-2009, 12:26 AM
You need to mail the application back to SMCI at the address supplied above - Attention Visitation Department.

To check on visitation times and to ensure you are on his list to get in, you need to call: (601) 394-5600

Ask for the Visitation Department - you should call between 9-11am or 1pm-3pm CST

Give them your loved ones name and MDOC #. Ask when he is allowed visits, and give them your name and say you want to ensure you are on the list to visit. Let them know you are bringing young children. Ask if there are special requirements for them.

IF you are having issues with his canteen and Money - you can call 601-359-5600 ask for Inmate Accounts. Tell them what is going on, they MAY transfer you, but keep repeating the story till you get help.

The secret to MDOC is call, call, call, call, call, call. You will repeat your story or issue 10 times sometimes, but you have to do it till you get to the right person.

It CAN be done.

Good Luck