View Full Version : 24 months please help calculate

stefburchette
01-01-2004, 01:26 PM
I was sentenced to 24 months, I have done four months in jail. 1.5 months in actual fedreal custody. i got out on bond in oct. How long do i have to be in before i go to a halfway house. Also if I am from houston , do I go to bryan? What is it like in there? Is the food better than state? because state food was YUCK... What about living enviroment what is it like in there?

CHoffer
01-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Stef, If you will go to the road to prison forum I have posted all I know about Bryan. Not sure if you will go there but yes the food is much better than county or state food.

Queenofswords33
01-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Stef,

Your time calculation goes a little something like this: First figure your county time and other custody time in days, so 165 days credit, then 54 days good time per year, so that is 273 days credit. Although you don't get your credit till you completed 10 months oviously because you can lose it which is not hard to do at Bryan, they are petty...more on that later. Basically, 720 days in 24 months with 273 days credit, that leaves 447 days or 14.9 months. Now, since the policy on release changed soon after I left everyone gets out on their 10% date and NOT 6 months before your release date unless you are doing RDAP (drug program) or ICC. Your 10% date is 72 days before your good time release date, meaning you will get 2 and 1/2 months for halfway house. Which leaves you with 12.5 months to do. Not a bad sentence. It'll be easier than you think, I promise! Just stay out of Lt. Kellerman's way!! Anyway, I hope that helps, just post any more questions you may have I'll do my best!

Queenofswords33:D

greyghost
01-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Here is the sentence calculation on a 24 month sentence:

>> You will have to serve a total of 20 months and 29 days in BOP custody.

The 20 months and 29 days is with good conduct time factored in, and without any jail credit being deducted. To subtract the jail credit yourself, add up the number of days you spent in jail and then subtract that total from the 20 m & 29 d.

>> You will be eligible for a total of 94 days of good conduct time. The only way that this number will change is if you should get into any trouble and end up 'loosing' some gct.

>> You will be eligible for 2 months and 4 days for halfway house placement.

The reason that I did not factor in any of you jail time is that there is simply too many variables, too many unkowns, for me to be able to give you any reasonably accurate calculation.

Good luck

Greyghost