View Full Version : Application for PFV as a victim of domestic violence

sweety67
03-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Has anyone ever applied for Private Family Visits where they are/were the victim of domestic violence? What are the chances of my application for PFV being accepted?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

lilystacey
03-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Is the inmate in question the "abuser".

If so, you will not be approved. There is a zero tolerance policy for any prior "family violence".

* He can ask his P.O for futher clairification on your specific situation.

Michaels_girl
03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Is the inmate in question the "abuser".

If so, you will not be approved. There is a zero tolerance policy for any prior "family violence".

* He can ask his P.O for futher clairification on your specific situation.

If he... he will need to take the family violence and anger management programs and successfully complete them before they will be considered

sweety67
03-28-2009, 06:57 AM
If he... he will need to take the family violence and anger management programs and successfully complete them before they will be considered

Yes, he is the "abuser" and has started the first of his 2 mandatory programs "high internsity family violence prevention" program.

If I write a letter to the warden explaining the circumstances of my situation/relationship, will that help?

Michaels_girl
03-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Yes, he is the "abuser" and has started the first of his 2 mandatory programs "high internsity family violence prevention" program.

If I write a letter to the warden explaining the circumstances of my situation/relationship, will that help?

Until his programs are completed and they have "assessed" him for I guess you could say risk of relapse you won't get them... You could try writing a letter but it's really all based on how they view him and his how he does in the programs...

billysgirl1
09-26-2009, 05:01 PM
lilystacey did you get to have your visit?
Im in the same situation and just wondering how things turned out for you
~Sarah

billysgirl1
09-26-2009, 05:02 PM
oops sorry it was sweety 67 that started the thread ok that last post was for her :)

sweety67
09-27-2009, 08:11 AM
oops sorry it was sweety 67 that started the thread ok that last post was for her :)
No I haven't had any visits yet because he never submitted the application for PFV.

He only completed the "high intensity family violence" program this week so we are now considering submitting the application. We were afraid of being refused before and also weren't sure that once refused, you can't re-apply so we had decided to put it off until he completed the program - just to be on the safe side :thumbsup:.

Once he submits it and if approved, I will definitely let you know.