View Full Version : Field Report

tunicacp
12-31-2003, 03:29 PM
My name is cathy I have A brother in the grimes unit in newport he called me today and said he is up for parole around the first feb. told me since this is is first time in prison that he wont go before the board but his paper work will.He has been in county jail or grimes since march 21 2003 and he got a 6 year sentence.He was asking be to find out if his field report has been done I dont have a clue where to start and thought some one else might help me out on this.He thinks that parole board will review him and let him out early on the emergency powers act,but told me if the field report doesnt get turned in that the parole board wont review him in feb. and he would have to wait til the next month to go before them like I said I dont have a clue and I know half of the stuff he hears inside the prison from the other inmates is not true. Please email me Personal e-mail removed, please see PTO Policy & Rules.

Bethie_Boo
01-01-2004, 02:16 AM
My husband is @ Grimes also...were having trouble getting on Work release...they wont come interview him :(

countrys_guirl
01-01-2004, 09:11 PM
The field report will be done by a parole officer in the county where he committed his crime. It includes a detailed account of his crime (usually prosecutors reports & court records are used) and his past criminal history. You can contact the parole office in the county where he committed his crime to find out if it's been completed. A list is sent out to the Area Manager & the field report is assigned to an officer. Aside from the institutional record, it is the only information that the parole board has to go by.
Hope this helps!

tunicacp
01-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Thank you so much countrys_guirl.I am so glad for your help. Cathy

mj16140
01-02-2004, 10:46 AM
My brother is in Grimes as well, and he is on a 6 year sentence. His estimated PE/TE date has moved up to Jan 31,2004. Everyone that he was supposed to speak with to get out, he spoke with in early Dec. This included the parole officer, and various other officals here where I am at. They've moved his date up 2 times since he's been in. Just hang in there, it's all going to work out.

countrys_guirl
01-02-2004, 04:39 PM
You're welcome tunicacp! Hope it's helpful.