View Full Version : Lock Down Segovia Prison Unit TX 3/19/09

Tinare
03-19-2009, 09:14 PM
When I visited my hubby this weekend he said they may have a lock down this week. Just got a letter from him today confirming they are on lock down. Nothing happened he said it was routine.

If your planning on visiting this weekend make sure you call first.

shela
03-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Your husband said it was routine? Is it routine to be locked down for at least 7 days? And through the weekend with no visits? The other unit my husband was in they were always done within the 5 days during the week and visits were never interupted.

shotjas
07-19-2011, 09:46 AM
A little late in posting.. I did time on Segovia. I was on unit during a different lockdown, and I can attest that they do take a long time for their searching of contraband. The one lockdown I did experience during my brief stay, was odd. As soon as a dorm was done with their search, they 'came up'. Meaning we would still be stuck in the dorms, but allowed access to tv and phones. As well, that dorm and building would then also be allowed access to the chow hall. Didn't make sense to me seeing as if we had contraband to move, we could give it to the chowhall workers and vice versa. But yes, they do take forever to finish a lock down.