View Full Version : transferring parole out of state???

Desiree_WSCM
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM
does anyone have any information on trasferring parole out of state? my fiance is getting out aug 2010 and i will be moving to arizona in a few months, i need any information i can get on what i can do on my part, & what he can do on his part, to have him parole over there to me? please help, any info will be appreciated. thank youuuu ladiessss :rolleyes:

Shari
03-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I am also looking into this. From what I know already is the person has to have family in the recieving state that will say they will be financially responsible for him, also having a job lined up will help a lot. Another thing is all restitution has to be paid off before the transfer can be approved. Those are the two main things that my guys PO has already told him. She said if we want to go thru with it she will look more into it for us and get things started.

Ascension
03-19-2009, 03:16 PM
does anyone have any information on trasferring parole out of state? my fiance is getting out aug 2010 and i will be moving to arizona in a few months, i need any information i can get on what i can do on my part, & what he can do on his part, to have him parole over there to me? please help, any info will be appreciated. thank youuuu ladiessss :rolleyes:

BE MARRIED! We just went through this so I speak from experience... Get everything in writing and believe NOTHING his counselor or any agent of the prison system says. If it's not in print; it won't happen.

Ms Nick Deere
03-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Boo is also wanting to parole here when he gets out. I am also looking for information on paroling outta state. he is currently in CA and I FL. I was wondering if it will work if we get married when he gets out then asks for a parole transfer? Boo owes a lot of money in restitution so do u guys think that would be big issue? I know when he comes home i will be working as a PO by then so me having a stable environment for is not an issue here. I know so many questions. One more question do u think it would be an issue me being an official of the law having a parolee living with me in the eyes of the parole officer or parole board?

Thanks ladies

Desiree_WSCM
03-19-2009, 05:09 PM
BE MARRIED! We just went through this so I speak from experience... Get everything in writing and believe NOTHING his counselor or any agent of the prison system says. If it's not in print; it won't happen.
ok so let me get this straight, haha, if i marry him while he's in, when he gets out, even if i have already moved out of state, they will allow him to parole over there in AZ with me???

Desiree_WSCM
03-19-2009, 05:21 PM
I am also looking into this. From what I know already is the person has to have family in the recieving state that will say they will be financially responsible for him, also having a job lined up will help a lot. Another thing is all restitution has to be paid off before the transfer can be approved. Those are the two main things that my guys PO has already told him. She said if we want to go thru with it she will look more into it for us and get things started.
thanks for the info! his restitution is alllll paid off, so thats not a problem, but how in the world is his family going to provide proof that they live over there & they are going to be financially responsible for him? do they put it in writing or what? the thing is he doesnt want to stay with his family becuase they are smack dab in the middle of the "hood" and he & I both know that him living and paroling there will just end up in some more time .. so im kinda stuckkkkkk ... :blah:

2sleepy
03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
My son is trying to transfer out of state to live with my husband and I, it seems the trickiest part is to get the counselor to do his job and process the transfer..

Desiree_WSCM
03-19-2009, 06:14 PM
My son is trying to transfer out of state to live with my husband and I, it seems the trickiest part is to get the counselor to do his job and process the transfer..
what is the process like, can you tell me? do they tell their counselor they want to parole out of state? do you send in a packet? do you have to fill out a packet? sorry for all the questions ... imjust clueless about this :(

2sleepy
03-19-2009, 11:42 PM
They have to apply for an out of state transer no sooner than 6 months from their parole date, no later than 90 days. They have to have immediate family (wife/husband/mother/father) in the state they want to parole to. California has to approve the transfer and the state they are applying to has to accept them. I don't know much more than that, my son is trying to transfer but has not had any luck with getting the counselor to even start the process.

Desiree_WSCM
03-20-2009, 10:49 AM
They have to apply for an out of state transer no sooner than 6 months from their parole date, no later than 90 days. They have to have immediate family (wife/husband/mother/father) in the state they want to parole to. California has to approve the transfer and the state they are applying to has to accept them. I don't know much more than that, my son is trying to transfer but has not had any luck with getting the counselor to even start the process.
thank you for the info ... i appreciate it :thumbsup:

Ascension
03-20-2009, 03:18 PM
ok so let me get this straight, haha, if i marry him while he's in, when he gets out, even if i have already moved out of state, they will allow him to parole over there in AZ with me???

Nothing is a guarantee even if they tell you they will. There's a better chance if you're married, but I'm serious... NOTHING is a guarantee no matter what they say.

Desiree_WSCM
03-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Nothing is a guarantee even if they tell you they will. There's a better chance if you're married, but I'm serious... NOTHING is a guarantee no matter what they say.
gotcha :thumbsup: thank youuuuuu

$um1'$wife
03-29-2009, 04:22 PM
It's called the Interstate Compact. There are threads here on PTO... just run a search. Also run a search on google. My Hubby came home this way. It was no cake walk to get it done... learn all you can about it and STAY on his counselor about it. You should get married ASAP and establish your residence in the receiving state. The longer, the better. Good luck!