View Full Version : Parole Delay due to overcrowding??

K&B4Eva
03-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Hello Everyone,

my fiance was granted parole in early January with the stipulation that he complete 3 months at a minimum facility (he is currently in a medium). It has been over 2 months and they still haven't moved him due to beds not being available at the minimum he was assigned to. My question is, will the 2 + months he has already completed be considered? If so, that would mean he could be released in April :). If not, that means he is doing an additional 3 months on top of what he has already served which is not fair :mad:.

The overcrowding isn't his fault. He's been a model prisoner - no tickets. Plus this was his first offense, drug dealing.

Help :confused:

parole_help_123
03-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately there is a type of waiting list to move down to a minimum, but inmates with a pending reserve are usually given priority. Also (and unfortunately) his three months in minimum begins the day he wakes up in a minimum facility.

Keep in mind and be assured that the DOC tries to keep everything fair. Your fiancÚ will get his turn and does have priority because of his parole reserve date. Don't worry yourself about things being done to prevent his transfer--those kinds of things don't happen--as long as he remains D-ticket free (and it sounds like he's complying). Also keep it in mind that many other inmates get the same type of vote (3 or 6 months in minimum or pre-release) and all are transfered in turn. It sucks, I know, but it is what it is. And that's what it is.

ravenkill
03-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately there is a type of waiting list to move down to a minimum, but inmates with a pending reserve are usually given priority. Also (and unfortunately) his three months in minimum begins the day he wakes up in a minimum facility.

Keep in mind and be assured that the DOC tries to keep everything fair. Your fiancÚ will get his turn and does have priority because of his parole reserve date. Don't worry yourself about things being done to prevent his transfer--those kinds of things don't happen--as long as he remains D-ticket free (and it sounds like he's complying). Also keep it in mind that many other inmates get the same type of vote (3 or 6 months in minimum or pre-release) and all are transfered in turn. It sucks, I know, but it is what it is. And that's what it is.

What parole_help said.

Things are a bit slow overall with parole over the last few months for some reason.

You signif other isn't alone if that helps in any way.

Parole_help might be able to offer more 411 - seems like he is linked.

(Thanks P_H)

OP - be patient - this will be the looooongest part of his/your bid. But it will soon get a whole lot better.

:)

K&B4Eva
03-23-2009, 09:09 PM

Thank you for replying. Even though its not what I was hoping to hear I am at least happy to know what we will be facing. Thanks again for answering :)

K&B4Eva
03-23-2009, 09:12 PM
What parole_help said.

Things are a bit slow overall with parole over the last few months for some reason.

You signif other isn't alone if that helps in any way.

Parole_help might be able to offer more 411 - seems like he is linked.

(Thanks P_H)

OP - be patient - this will be the looooongest part of his/your bid. But it will soon get a whole lot better.

:)

Thank you, it does help but I wish no one had to go through this :( It is harder when you know they are so close.