View Full Version : Halfway houses for males to parole out to

msvrroom
03-14-2009, 02:13 PM
My friend can't get out of jail because he doesn't have an address to parole out to. Does anyone know of any halfway houses in Houston, TX he can parole out to?

:idea:

LCSJLB
03-14-2009, 02:59 PM
if you look up halfway houses in texas they have a link on the tdc website of halfway houses there arent very many that have openings

mamajmg
03-14-2009, 05:24 PM
There are many in the Houston area - also what they call "three quarter" houses. I am only familiar with the Cheyenne Center. I don't know what the cost is now but the 3/4 house was $75.00 a week. But I'm sure someone will have more info!

Good luck!

GraysonMom
03-14-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm not familiar with half-way houses or cost relating to them. Here are two links. The first link is TDCJ's list with of half-way houses and addresses. The second link is where PTO members discuss half-way houses. Hope this helps and God bless as always.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/parole/parole-directory/paroledir-halfway.htm

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318251&highlight=Clothes+halfway+house&page=13

Mark2008
03-15-2009, 05:05 AM
I was at the Reid Facility, over on Old Beaumont Highway (Hwy. 90) in far east Houston,maybe even outside the city limits, can't remember. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, though.

How long would your friend have to serve before discharge?

ernest's baby
03-15-2009, 09:59 AM
The only one I know of is the one in Midland/Odessa, when my boyfriend was in state jail the last time he was sent to the halfway house there, he really liked it.

boobie07
06-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I was at the Reid Facility, over on Old Beaumont Highway (Hwy. 90) in far east Houston,maybe even outside the city limits, can't remember. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, though.

How long would your friend have to serve before discharge?
My husband will b going there on july 1. can you tell me any info you have on the place. especially y you wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Please reply