View Full Version : Something I was wondering about...

WishOnStars
12-30-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me, but it's worth a try... I visit at the west yard of Chino. It's not the Mainline, and I thought the west yard was all reception? But when I visit, there are others there that get contact visits. I was wondering how they get that since I don't believe that they are mainlined there (since they're in the west yard). Over the weekend when I went, the lady next to me asked me that... and I had never thought about it. Do any of you know? Also, she asked me what the difference was with why some of them (like my boyfriend who gets non-contact visits) wear orange and while others (the ones in the contact visits) wear the blues. Both of these were interesting questions that I am now wondering about myself. Maybe those guys are mainlined there, they just aren't in that part? I'm not sure. Let me know your opinion on this if you know. Thanks a lot.

MellyMel
12-31-2003, 02:44 PM
WishOnStars,

I don't know if you already have an answer to this...
I don't know how Chino works, but from what you described, it sounds like they have reception and mainline together. If the inmate is still in orange clothes, then they are in reception and have non-contact visits. The inmates in denim/blues are mainlined and get contact visits.

When I use to visit my boyfriend at San Quentin, oneside was the reception/noncontact visits. The other side had mainline/contact visits. Maybe west yard at Chino is set up the same way.

Hope this helps.

avracegirl
12-31-2003, 03:03 PM
hey lady,

I used to visit my baby at chino in the west wing, before he went to Centinela, and I had to visit through glass too!1 I saw the other people who got contact visits, but I think its because they will be finishing out thier sentence there. Maybe your baby is going somewhere else?
Good luck

oneway
12-31-2003, 05:04 PM
the answer is really quite simple. Iin every reception center there is a housing unit for the inmates who are the support workers, they are endorsed as a mainline inmate housed in the R/C. They are the kitchen workers, clerical help and canteen workers. They are mainline so they are dressed in blue and have greater visiting privlages.

WishOnStars
01-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Oh ok. Thanks so much for all your help =)

Kittie
01-02-2004, 10:13 PM
This is correct

Originally posted by oneway
the answer is really quite simple. Iin every reception center there is a housing unit for the inmates who are the support workers, they are endorsed as a mainline inmate housed in the R/C. They are the kitchen workers, clerical help and canteen workers. They are mainline so they are dressed in blue and have greater visiting privlages.