View Full Version : time out calculation who knows how

greatfunguysms
03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
direct me to someone who really knows how to calculate when my friend will get out i can give u all info u need

Odd Mushroom
03-12-2009, 11:24 AM
do you know how many credit days per month he receives?
Have you looked on FOIL?

greatfunguysms
03-12-2009, 11:05 PM
foil has not updated him and hes been in 3 months dont know if he will get good time now that he is trustee will they give him good time and 2 for 1 trustee days also

Odd Mushroom
03-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Is he in a state run facility or county jail?
County is the only one who does 2 for 1.

greatfunguysms
03-13-2009, 09:02 AM
he is in county but has a sentence from the state

Odd Mushroom
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
The county is going to give him 2 for 1 if he is supposed to be there. If they are holding him for TDOC . he'll get his credits when records compiles them and he arrives at one of their facilities.
Otherwise it would seem that he is in limbo.

greatfunguysms
03-13-2009, 09:00 PM
he will not be going to state prison he will spend his whole sentence in county jail. will he get good time for months he spent in jail before he was sentenced and before he became trustee please answer these seperately . will he get good time in additiont to two for one simultaneously or can he only get one or the other who has the choice to give him good time or to not give him good time the state or the county also who chooses whether he gets 2 for 1 for being a trustee state or county . are there any scenarios in which my friend would not qualify for good time or 2 for 1 trustee time

greatfunguysms
03-13-2009, 09:04 PM
are u saying he will not get 2 for 1 since he is in county jail and will be staying there till his sentence is satisfied but he is serving time at this county jail for a 220 day sentence from the state

pphil
03-14-2009, 05:37 AM
are u saying he will not get 2 for 1 since he is in county jail and will be staying there till his sentence is satisfied but he is serving time at this county jail for a 220 day sentence from the state

more info is needed .....if he is serving in the county jail ..(what county)
and is he in on a felony or misdemeanor?
220 day should not be felony time ....
so what was his sentence?????
if he is serving time on a misdemeanor he should get 2 for 1(at least in davidson co they do)if he is on a felony with state time he will have to serve his percentage (ie:5years at 30%)or what ever his sentence was,before he is eligible for parole or probation he will not get good time for the time he was waiting on trial but his days do come off his sentence .......
so without knowing what county he is in and his time recieved noone on here can answer your question......(just my own personal opinion)
call the county and ask his counsler or casemanager.....
i hope this helps
pphil

greatfunguysms
03-14-2009, 08:06 AM
friend had 5 yr sentence for breaking into home and stealiling from store cigarrettes one was a felon. he broke his probation by domestic violence lawyer got charges for domestic violence to include no jailtime by my friend paying restitution to victim his ex girlfriend. but he was sentenced for breaking probation . he was sentenced 220 days in jail and one year of home arrest community corrections and rest of probation till 2011 july 12 to be regular probation and this would satisfy the 5 years since he had already spent some jail time and a boot camp before he broke probation . he turned himself in on december 8 and he was sentenced on feburary 9 . he started being trustee on feb 20. plese tell me when will he get out. will he get good time for his pre sentencing time he spent in jail .all his time has been in county jail for this last breaking probation .will he get goodtime simultaneously with the days he gets taken off for being a trustee and is ther anything that would prevent him from getting 2 for 1 days for being a trustee how does all this work if u need more info ask me

greatfunguysms
03-14-2009, 08:12 AM
if he is serving time on a misdemeanor he should get 2 for 1(at least in davidson co they do)if he is on a felony with state time he will have to serve his percentage (ie:5years at 30%)or what ever his sentence was,before he is eligible for parole or probation he will not get good time for the time he was waiting on trial but his days do come off his sentence .......
so without knowing what county he is in and his time recieved noone on here can answer your question......(just my own personal opinion)
i hope this helps
pphil
i appreciate any help u can give me did not want to aggrevate his counselor she is only one in jail that updates time in dekalb county please help me figure it out without bothering her his original sentence was a felony then he broke probation rest is explained in email i just sent u

greatfunguysms
03-14-2009, 08:13 AM
he broke probation on domestic violence charge

greatfunguysms
03-14-2009, 08:22 AM
i hope this helps
pphil
also is there anything that can prevent him from getting good time and is there anything that can keep him from getting 2 for 1 trustee time please figure from all the info i gave u what date he will get out or ask any other info u need

pphil
03-14-2009, 09:34 AM
also is there anything that can prevent him from getting good time and is there anything that can keep him from getting 2 for 1 trustee time please figure from all the info i gave u what date he will get out or ask any other info u need

you will have to ask his case manager or counsler.....
i really doupt he will get 2 for 1 because state inmates dont get that
in the state they get between 6 and 16 days good time a month depending on their job.
at the county it will be up to their policies
pphil

greatfunguysms
03-15-2009, 09:09 AM
if u know of anyone who can figure this up for me it would be helpful this site says in several blogs that u should figure up own time to check and make sure state posts it correctly would like for someone familiar with these particulars for sure to give me an end date for my friend

greatfunguysms
03-15-2009, 09:20 AM
direct me to someone who really knows how to calculate when my friend will get out i can give u all info u need
please help cant find anyone to give me definitive answer

southernsarah
03-17-2009, 01:00 PM
he will not be going to state prison he will spend his whole sentence in county jail. will he get good time for months he spent in jail before he was sentenced

That depends on how the judge set the order up. For example, my son just spent 5 weeks in county jail waiting to be sentenced. He owed 15 months on a 5 year sentence when he violated community corrections. The state offered him a kill sentence of 6 months to be done in county jail but with the stipulation that the 5 weeks he spent waiting did not count toward the 6 months and was just dead time. Others have been given similar sentences but were allowed to count the 5 week waiting in jail toward the final 6 month sentence. I think you need to get a copy of the actual order to see how it was set up.
Whatever time he did before becoming a trustee will count against his time with the above possible exception.
Also in TN, at least in OUR jail they get 8 days good time for each month as long as they are not in the hole. Any time in ad seg does not get good time credits.
It is hard for anyone to help you calculate time accurately without knowing many details of the sentence, whether or not your guy has spent any time in ad seg, whether or not the sentence was set up with dead time or time served credits etc etc. :rolleyes:

southernsarah
03-17-2009, 01:05 PM

Also, just because he made trustee doesn't mean he will get 2 for 1's. The judge can it up so he does day for day time. Our county jail has plenty of trustees who do not get 2 for 1's because the judge ordered them not to be eligible for that, but they still are trustees because they would rather work than just lay around so the time will go faster. It all depends on how the judge set the sentence up. What county are you in?

ta2mikeinTN
05-21-2009, 08:54 PM
For the most part, in TN. When you are sentenced to a number of days, i.e. 220 days, you will serve that number of days as it is a sentence from the court and not overseen by the state. In county you will recieve 6 days per month credit, if turned in to the state monthly it will be reflected in your TOMIS Sheet sent out monthly by the state. The state does not give pretrial good time, only day for day. If the county gives him 2fors then good for him, but it is not likely.