View Full Version : I need some help on how to find out about loved one in Chambers County Jail

03-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Last week my husband was arrested and taken to Chambers county jail in Anahuac,Texas. I live in South Carolina. He has not called me yet and I can not find out anything about him exceptthat he is there.
Do they not give inmates 1 free call to let their loved ones know they have been arrested. Here in SC, they do. I thought he would call collect but he has not either!!! I have not heard anything. I can not get there to post his bond b/c of the way the world is with jobs and i have lost mine. I am afraid I will not know nothing about him, talk to him or anything. I did send him a letter, which I hope he gets. Please tell me how to fin out info about him.
And one last ? can anyone tell me about a "state jail felony" what is that?
He was charged with poss. of controlled substance. State jail felony and poss of marijuanna.
Thanks for your help!!!

03-11-2009, 03:56 PM
I hope someone comes along soon who can give you some info. I'm sorry this has happened to you and your husband. That doesn't count for much in the great big scheme of things, I guess. Keep coming to this site. It is a treasure trove of information, and also a great place to be able to talk about what bugs you and not worried about being judged!

03-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Punishment for a state jail felony here in Texas can range anywhere from a) Confinement in state jail for a term from 180 days to 2 years; AND b) An optional fine not to exceed $10,000. Most county jails in Texas have phones inmates can use on a daily basis but I don't have any experience with Chambers county. If I were you, I'd call and ask the jail if inmates are allowed to call collect. There may be a block on your phone where he can't call. Others will be along to shed more light but I hope that helps a little. Take care!

03-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Have you been able to contact your husband or have you heard from him? I know it must be terrible to be so far away. Let us know how things are going and good luck.

03-18-2009, 04:05 PM
He won't get any complimentary phone calls from the jail. You'll have to set up an account with whatever phone company the jail uses for inmate phone services. You'll need to cal the jail or sheriff's department to find out who the company is and their phone number. You'll have to write to your husband if you set up an account so he'll even know to try to call you. Be forwarned that the phone calls can get very expensive. You should also ask the sheriff's department how to address a letter to him when you write. If your husband has any money in his commissary account he will be able to buy pen, paper, envelopes and stamps so he can write to you, as well. Again, you should call the sheriff's department or jail to find how to put some money in your husbands account. I did not find contact information for the jail itself but I found contact information for the Chambers County Sheriff's department - which might be one in the same with the jail. I'll paste it in below but you should call them to find out about phone calls, address to write to your husband and how to place money in his commissary account so he can write you back.

Chambers County Sheriff's Department
201 North Court
P.O. Box 998
Anahuac, Texas 77514
(409) 267-8318 -- Phone
(409) 267-6736 -- Fax