View Full Version : Need info about St.Tammany Parrish Prison.

jiggs1974
03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
I want to know about this prison. "Tell all" would help me get going here. I am totaly new to anything prison related.

LeaAnn
03-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome to PTO!

ashlynnrich
03-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Not really sure how the St. Tammany Parish Prison is, but have alot of relatives in there and they don't complain. I just heard that it was overcrowed and they were shipping people off just a couple of weeks ago.

jiggs1974
03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
thanks for info, i appreciate it

SpunkyMonkey
03-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Jiggs....I'm not really well versed on St Tamany as well. I will try and remember to ask my husband tonight and see if he's heard anything. ;)

KPSADWIFE
07-06-2009, 11:00 PM
i want to know about this prison. "tell all" would help me get going here. I am totaly new to anything prison related.

my husband is in st tammany parish jail ask me questions i'll try and answer them if i can

:(

love1lockedup
04-19-2010, 07:50 PM
St Tammany Jail Suxs

DEC48
03-11-2011, 08:57 PM
My b/f is in St Tammany he has been in ther this time for 7 months. I can tell you that visitaion is very strict..DO NOT be late..not even 5 mins they will send you away no exceptions. He has been in there for 2 months one other time. I always have been treated nice when calling with any questions. He doesnt like it. He spent time in Texas jail as well and Texas was much nicer and way less crowded. Other than that... not sure.

Dickie'sLizzy
03-23-2011, 10:51 PM
My love got out Monday evening. As of right now the jail is very, very crowded. People are getting kept in holding cells for as long as 18 days. From what I understand they can only legally hold you in the holding cell for 72 hours. They get around that by rotating which holding cell they are kept in - when time runs out in one you are switched to another. Another thing is the food more so the lack thereof. He told me you get more food in OPP. And for the love of god, don't be suicidal in there or you'll get stuck in the squirrel cage where you don't always get a bathroom break. If I can answer any other questions please let me know

tearsforhim
07-22-2011, 12:44 PM
My husband was released from St. Tammany 3 months ago and spent 3 months jailed. He was in a very overcrowded holding tank for 3 weeks. He needed immediate medical attention which he barely got. When I sent his first deposit of $150.00, they kept all of it for medical. When he was released they issued a check to him for $120.00 for double charging him for medical fees. The food was terrible, what little he got, and took him a while before he could stomach the "EMU" he was fed almost daily. It took me 3 months to get him out on a signature bond because they require a resident of St. Tammany or Washington parish to sign. Finally a deputy in the bond division was nice enough to get approval for me to sign him out. I have a family member who used to work at the jail and had nothing good to say and is glad to be away from there. Also, they run your name, even if you are just picking up their personal items, so make sure your name is clear or you will be jailed. All in all, its not the worst place to be, I know of worse, but certainly not one of the better jails.