View Full Version : Jail in Springfield

JANEGB88
02-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi,
My son is being extradited back to VT from NM. He was on an interstate compact. This is for a first time probation violation on a misdemeanor. He will probably go the the facility in Springfield. Can anyone tell me what that is like? Will he be safe -this is a 22 year old kid that has never been in a fight.

Jane

cannabismoke
02-19-2009, 05:49 PM
My boyfriend has been there since October 2008, he is on his second stay there. SSCF is not that bad of a place. I wouldn't fear for your son's safety all the time, it is something to be mindful of but for the most part the guys leave each other alone (fights), there is always someone whether it is an inmate or CO to break up anything that is out of order. If you have any questions, concerns, or want to chat let me know, my man will be there for a little while and is very familiar with everything that happens there. I am sure if your son was fine in NM he will be fine at SSCF. Good luck to both of you. Peace and love, ~C~

Jillian
04-07-2009, 09:12 AM
I do agree with the above poster, this location isn't bad what so ever. While from time to time there are altercations it doesn't happen as often as you would think. Many of us get our thoughts from what we see on tv, but that is sometimes stretched to make it more interesting.

joji
11-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Hi,
My son is being extradited back to VT from NM. He was on an interstate compact. This is for a first time probation violation on a misdemeanor. He will probably go the the facility in Springfield. Can anyone tell me what that is like? Will he be safe -this is a 22 year old kid that has never been in a fight.

Jane

Jane...Your son will be safe at SSCF (Springfirld). Staff is well trained and take I/M safety very seriuosly.