View Full Version : Any Info on Swannanoa?

Pantherbill17
02-13-2009, 06:54 PM
My girlfriend is currently in NCCIW. They have told her that she would possibly be transferred to Swannanoa when she gets her greens. I was told that this unit was a replacement for Black Mtn. and uses the old Swannanoa Youth facility. Anybody know anything about it?

Tom Dee
02-15-2009, 08:29 AM
typical green clothes womens prison unit ? up in thee mtns w thee mtn people I guess if yer from that lifestyle UR ok .. Im from capitol area we stay away from the Blk mtn redneck areas pretty much retarded guards and talketive inmates are thee norm

oneroguetxn
02-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Swannanoa is basically the old Black Mountain, but the population has increased and will continue to do so for at least another 18 months. Currently, the only outside education opportunities are correspondence courses. Supposedly, a deal is in the works to allow college courses from the Community College in Asheville. I have been told that its a good place to be, IF you have to be locked up. My girl was at NCCIW for a number of years but was transferred to Troy last year. She is up for her greens and is still trying to decide which Honor Camp best suits her. We have a little less than 5 years to go, and at this point, I just want to get it all behind us!
Good Luck on getting your girl out of that place and home!