View Full Version : What can ease the fear of separation from parents?

lynnshimo
12-25-2003, 12:07 PM
i'm being incarcerated jan. 25 in ct at york for 2 dwi's. i'm very nervous and scared. my 2 young children are upset they will have to go live with their dad in another part of the state can you help to to ease this situation. please help me

deb
12-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Welcome to PTO Lynn... I'm glad you found us.... Others will be along to welcome you as well and offer you ideas for before you go in.... Stay strong and we're here for you.....

Deb

katmat1995
01-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Lynn,
First of all I would like to say Welcome to PTO. I am sorry there is not easy way to deal with being taken away from your children. And as sad as it is sometimes our children have to pay for the choices we make. I did almost 3 years in prison. And my children had to suffer for my bad choices. But, I promise this time you are going through right now. Will be what helps you to make the right choices when you come home.

First thing don't be so hard on yourself right now. I know this is tuff. How well I remember. My children were 11 and 8 at the time. And I must tell you that being honest on where you are going. And why they have to go live with Dad is the best way. One thing about children, no matter what we do. They may not forget. But in time they forgive.

Good Luck to you, Just be sure while you are there to write them all the time. It makes a difference and kids love mail. No matter what age.

Kathy

kelly gomez
01-01-2004, 03:06 PM
sorry to hear your bad luck but hold your head up high you will be a better person when you get out good luck