View Full Version : How long does Parole decision take

dew4kj
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Does anybody know how long it take to get a parole decision back and then how long after that before they are release if it is approved

Shellybee
02-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Does anybody know how long it take to get a parole decision back and then how long after that before they are release if it is approved

Dew, My son had a parole hearing today. It was denied for another year. They told him at the hearing & he called me to let me know.

Chantalley
02-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I think they have the decision back within 10 days and then it's around 3 weeks before the paperwork is filed and he can be released.

Have they already held the hearing?

Odd Mushroom
02-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Dew, My son had a parole hearing today. It was denied for another year. They told him at the hearing & he called me to let me know.

I am sorry about that. It seems like a year is the new standard for the BOP.

Shellybee
02-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks Odd,
We really weren't expecting a yes the first hearing. I believe he'll make it next year.

papisgirl
02-11-2009, 05:18 AM
I know when we went in front of the board back in Jan, there were two members of the board who made the decision there, denied and than according to BOP they have 30 days to make the decision. Now that has been over 30 days but Papi still hasn't received anything in writing yet but of course it's changed on FOIL already.

Odd Mushroom
02-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks Odd,
We really weren't expecting a yes the first hearing. I believe he'll make it next year.

My husbands co-defendant was also put off a year. His out date is a mere 4 months after that.
It would seem that they don't even look at that info when they are determining release. Otherwise they wouldn'y look so stupid.
Seriously, why would a person choose parole for 4 months when they can wait it out and not have to worry about a P.O., the fees, the rules, etc?

I would be sure that when he comes up again, that he has completed EVERYTHING that is necessary, and even things that aren't necessary, prior to his release. Thiis includes, GED, classes, programs. Minor things like that will cause a denial or delay.

Odd Mushroom
02-11-2009, 12:25 PM
I know when we went in front of the board back in Jan, there were two members of the board who made the decision there, denied and than according to BOP they have 30 days to make the decision. Now that has been over 30 days but Papi still hasn't received anything in writing yet but of course it's changed on FOIL already.

Yeah, I found out on FOIL too that Chris's decision was not overturned.
I was the one who told him, before the IPO did.

dew4kj
02-11-2009, 11:01 PM
My husband had his hearing Feb 3rd and was recommended but now we are just waiting on the final decision from the parole board. People that went up last month had their answer and papers back and was out of there in two weeks, and it has been one week and we still waiting on an answer.

Odd Mushroom
02-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Expect him out before the end of this month.

dew4kj
02-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Well, my husband got his decision back today on his parole....PAROLE GRANTED... thank the Lord. Now just got to wait for him to get his papers and release date.

papisgirl
02-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Dew4kj.....I'm so happy for you and your husband! God is good...all the time!

superdreamATM
02-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Dew4kj,
Congratulations! That is great news! i am so happy for you !

Odd Mushroom
02-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I know you are excited!

It took Chris 2 weeks after he found out to be released............ it took him a year to violate it...*shakes head*