View Full Version : What do Hispanic women think of White women with Hispanic men?

Gotti's Wifey
02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Hello all.
I just have a quick question!
I am married to a hispanic man,and I have always been attracted to hispanic men,but I always wonder what the hispanic women think about white women with hispanic men?
Or african american with hispanic?

Thank you for tour time!!

MrsMoran916
02-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Love dont know colors. More power to ya LOL

HisBuddy4life
02-06-2009, 12:33 PM
If there is love who cares what others think!!!

I'm Hispanic and I feel love is love and race is just a word created by man to divide us all!:blah:

I dated an African American guy and I know Many of his Female friends which were African American too would always make comments like "Who do these Mexican B!@#$ Think they are taking all our good men" comments like that would not get me angry what would get me angry would be why do they all consider us "Mexican" Just bc we speak spanish does not mean we are "Mexican" LOL sorry I went on a different subject!:p

But I'm all pro for Interracial Relationship:thumbsup:

Fserna
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
:DWe all got the same private parts, just different colors. I really don't care if I see any other race with hispanic men. Just like all good men come in different colors the bad ones do to. So nobody takes anybody elses good men away.

HisBuddy4life
02-06-2009, 03:36 PM
:DWe all got the same private parts, just different colors. I really don't care if I see any other race with hispanic men. Just like all good men come in different colors the bad ones do to. So nobody takes anybody elses good men away.

I heard That Girl! Well Said!:thumbsup:

tweedybird
02-06-2009, 08:38 PM
These discussions are kind of funny because I don't think any of us is pure one thing or the other!

Mr Oso's Lady
02-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Im a hispanic woman I am married to a hispanic man, but to me love does not see color... it does not bother me one bit when I see interracial couples. :thumbsup:

Gotti's Wifey
02-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Thank you all.I for some reason thought maybe I would get bad replies!
Its nice to know I was wrong...
Thank you all!!!!

Wobabi
02-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I know Many of his Female friends which were African American too would always make comments like "Who do these Mexican B!@#$ Think they are taking all our good men" comments like that would not get me angry what would get me angry would be why do they all consider us "Mexican" Just bc we speak spanish does not mean we are "Mexican" LOL sorry I went on a different subject!:p

Have to chime in and say AA women are NOT the only ones who say this about their men when their men date outside the Race. And I am getting quite tired of women of other races who constantly put this on US alone.:o Yes we can be more vocal but other Race of Women have been heard saying the same things.
For instance I know personally Latino/Hispanic Women who DO have problems with thier men dating Americans(if they live outside of the US)/ and White women here ESPECIALLY the MOTHERS and God forbid he date a Black Woman:rolleyes:

SaNdiA
02-07-2009, 09:56 PM
For instance I know personally Latino/Hispanic Women who DO have problems with thier men dating Americans(if they live outside of the US)/ and White women here ESPECIALLY the MOTHERS and God forbid he date a Black Woman:rolleyes:

i totally agree, i know a few hispanic women who have said they wouldnt want their sons to date outside their race. especially the more "traditional" ones

ive also come across a few young female hispanics who have said pretty nasty things about hispanic males w/women of different race

as for me personally, i am mexican and i can care less
i actually think its a very beautiful thing.

HisBuddy4life
02-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Have to chime in and say AA women are NOT the only ones who say this about their men when their men date outside the Race. And I am getting quite tired of women of other races who constantly put this on US alone.:o Yes we can be more vocal but other Race of Women have been heard saying the same things.

You are so right! It even happen within the same race! (Better known as Haternides lol)

In no way did I want to just point to AA Woman. I have only put what I Have experienced!;)

Sus-Mus
02-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I used to live in Guatemala and had only Hispanic boyfriends whilst being Caucasian myself. I was quite surprised by some of the comments - sometimes it was almost like out of a movie: "Ay, here comes la puta gringa" and things like that. The Hispanic women (most of them anyways) were not very happy with their men dating women of other races. I mean I'm pretty sure you can find that kind of prejudice anywhere, but I found it to be really rife as a Caucasian girl because of the past history with the conquistadores and stuff like that. As a result I had very few female Hispanic friends, but the ones I had were cool as hell!

babydoll7x7
03-10-2009, 05:13 AM
I think mixed couples are blessed to have one another because they
have chosen to follow their heart not the world!

MyTwoBoys
03-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Ya know I don't have women say anything to me about being white with a latino, I do however hear women make comments about how handsome my husband is lol. He IS Sexy and he IS Latino and to be honest, I really don't care what anyone says! If you don't pay my bills, feed my child and get me to and from work, then like Dr Evil Says...

Zip it LOL

JORGESBABYGiRL
04-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I think all have their different opinions. I am white & my man is latino his mom & family & his friends have no problem with it. They all love me & i have became close with all of them the ones we find that talk their sh*t is his x girl friends whom seem to think just because im white things wont work out. But yes we proved them all wrong.

Addicted_one
04-04-2009, 10:31 AM
The bottomline is there are always gonna be racist haters (or jealous haters). IT DON'T REALLY MATTER :~ And then there are going to be the others that realize that people are people some of them suck and some of them are great but it doesn't really have to do with what color they are, it has to do with WHO they are.

I am not gonna be in denial and say that sometimes cultural differences don't hinder even the greatest relationship (maybe not in the beginning when the "fireworks" are going off but when they settle down and life gets really real). But that still isn't only color/race it has to do with culture.

esteli
04-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm 100% Latina (pa' que lo sepas ;)) and when I see a white woman with a Latino man, it doesn't bother me at all. I couldn't care and if you wanna deal with them, be my guest. :D

Yeah some families are crazy traditional. My neighbors growing up were Mexican and the mom did not approve of her children marrying anyone from a different State in Mexico, preferably the same city or town. I seen that.

We aren't Mexican and in my family my brothers (have 6) have all married differently.
My sister-in-laws are:
Swiss, Chinese, Central American, American Indian, White meaning American and Scottish (well the Scottish one is really a brother in law -- got one of them too and my family accepts it).

esteli
04-04-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm 100% Latina (pa' que lo sepas ;)) and when I see a white woman with a Latino man, it doesn't bother me at all. I couldn't care and if you wanna deal with them, be my guest. :D

Yeah some families are crazy traditional. My neighbors growing up were Mexican and the mom did not approve of her children marrying anyone from a different State in Mexico, preferably the same city or town. I seen that.

We aren't Mexican and in my family my brothers (have 6) have all married differently.
My sister-in-laws are:
Swiss, Chinese, Central American, American Indian, White meaning American and Scottish (well the Scottish one is really a brother in law -- got one of them too and my family accepts it).

I was reading all the comments. I just wanted to say I grew up in a large city in California, latin neighborhood and the girls that came up with me, none of them care if your white and with a Latino man.

Now I've seen black girls care though about latina messing with their men. I've seen latina moms (older generation) also be upset with their sons going outside but not my generation.

**sorry about my terminology if it isn't politically correct, don't mean to offend, I'm just old school.***

^^I was using the edit button and it looks like I responded to myself. lOl :haha:

dortiz37
04-04-2009, 02:15 PM
I also grew up in hispanic neighborhoods and if you didn't know I was white, you wouldn't know the difference. I have not faced this but hispanic women, but growing up I had AA women say this.

mxdchik
04-04-2009, 02:50 PM
good question well im the mxdchik dominican and black married to a black man my mother is dominican and indian father black i have darker skin so a lot of people freak when they come to my house and see we speak spanish or eat ethnic dominican dishes but all my kids are light looking mixed so we are constantly asked did we adopt but i hear remarks from all over but to me love sees no color and whoever doesn't like my situation oh well i have a brother married to a white lady some of their kids look black some look white and one even looks hispanic so when we get together people are really confused but my comment to all naysayers if you feel i took your good man then you should have got him first because a man that findeth a wife irrespective of her race findeth a good thing.:thumbsup:

Jillian
04-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I think no matter what relationship you are in (if you are the male or female, or what race you are) there will always be someone with a comment whether it be good or bad.

ojos azules
04-14-2009, 11:31 PM
My neighbor is a white female who is married to a Mexican man. She told me his family (mostly his mother) didn't like her specifically because she is white. When she got pregnant, she worried about how their child would be treated in his family being half-white.

I am white in love with a very, very guapo boriqua. :D At visit I have not noticed anything different happen compared to if I was with a white man. Nobody stares at us or gives us bad looks and there hasn't ever been any comments made either. I haven't met his family yet though, so we'll see how that goes. :eek: I don't think it will be too much problem, because he tells me other members of his family have married both white and black people and neither were any big issue. :)

Gotti's Wifey
04-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Thank you for all the imputs!!
I really dont pay attention to the people that give looks!I really dont care what they say.cause if they have a problem they can step up..I hear jokes frm my inlaws ,but frm what I can tell they like me!
When my husband saw my picture for the first time he thought I was latina!?
but he realized after we met in person that i am as white as they come!!!!
Thank you again

pisces317
05-09-2009, 04:44 PM
am one not to care who get's with who,it's stupid in my eyes to analyze why people date outside their race for whatever reason,i've dated spanish guys but black guys are my dudes am still loving a brother today.

CathyM
05-09-2009, 08:12 PM
It is not just race it is also religion.Jews do not want there familys dating out of religion and as do other religions.So it is not just a race thing.I am white Victor is hispanic and I really do not care who approves and who doesn't.We all bleed the same color and have the same internal organs so why should race or religion matter.I am happy Vic is happy and for those who do not like it then I guess there SOOL!!Love is not a color it is a state of mind and maybe they should try it some day.I live in a very small town and there is not alot of inneraical couples here and when people say shit to me I just say well if you would get outside this little shit as town and see what the real world is like you might not be such a biggot.People need to get OUTSIDE the box!!!

water_bills
05-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Okay.. not that this matters, but I don't understand this..

My husband is Hispanic and I'm Caucasian, but does that really mean we have an interracial relationship?

According to the government, we're both white. They don't have Hispanic or Latino listed as a race, they have it listed as an ethnicity that falls under the white race, or any other race, for that matter. You could be a Black Hispanic, or a Pacific Islander Hispanic as far as the government says.

So, what is the deal? I feel weird defining my marriage as interracial - not that I have to or anything. We're just married.

esteli
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM

My husband is Hispanic and I'm Caucasian, but does that really mean we have an interracial relationship?

According to the government, we're both white. They don't have Hispanic or Latino listed as a race, they have it listed as an ethnicity that falls under the white race, or any other race, for that matter. You could be a Black Hispanic, or a Pacific Islander Hispanic as far as the government says.

So, what is the deal? I feel weird defining my marriage as interracial - not that I have to or anything. We're just married.

:thumbsup: Good point! Hispanics are an ethnic group not a race. Hispanics can be blonde, redhead with freckles :), black, or even asian. Hispanics is a whole big mixture of races, some hispanics are more only white, some are black, some are a mixture, some are more Indian.

theskyabove
05-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Isn't hispanic being from a Spanish speaking background (which excludes Indios?)

NoOne1994
05-10-2009, 01:44 PM
I am white and dated a Mexican for many years. His family (specifically his mother and father who came to the states when he was 3 yrs old and they didn't speak English so there was obviously a communication barrier) was hell bent about him marrying out of the Mexican culture and they eventually tore us apart.

His aunts and female cousins didn't mind one bit and I suspect its because they were more 'Mexican-American' while his parents were more old school/traditional.

ivecnub4
05-10-2009, 11:53 PM
arnt hispanic, mexican, latino basically the same????

HiS 1 nD oNlIi
05-11-2009, 12:15 AM
When my husband saw my picture for the first time he thought I was latina!?
but he realized after we met in person that i am as white as they come!!!!
Thank you again

yea u do look hospanic in some of ur pics lol.e......as for interracila couples i dnt rele have a prob w/ them....im not gonna lie i kno i wud neva do it ( i shud neva say neva right? lol) i love me some sexxi chocolate men (jus like my boo) :thumbsup: but i love how mixed kids look omg!! beautiful....if i wasnt so in love w/ black men i wud do it jus fa the sexxy ass offspring hahaha

esteli
05-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Isn't hispanic being from a Spanish speaking background (which excludes Indios?)

in the truest sense yes. if you are talking about Indios that aren't mixed and have preserve their culture, and indigenious language as in some parts of Mexico. As well as each country has their regions of pure Indios. in that pure sense yes, but I was just referring to the mixture of brown & white in most hispanics meaning the brown comes from the indio and the white from europe.(many generations removed)

MyTwoBoys
05-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Wanna hear something cool? I don't care what ANY woman (regardless of color) thinks of me and my man. I'm white, he's Puerto Rican and anyone who flaps their gums is jealous

and that's just sad

MyTwoBoys
05-11-2009, 08:33 AM
PS why do we spend so much time asking who has a problem with our relationships based on color? I mean sheesh how bout the fact that we are ALL with men either in prison or that have BEEN to prison. That right there is gonna get more questions then if our man is white/black/asian whatever!

Just my two cents lol

Gotti's Wifey
05-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Dont get me wrong! Just because other people have a problem with me dating a hispanic man sure the HE** doesnt mean Im leaving him!!
And I really dont think twice what people think!!!!AT ALL!! I am happy with my life ,I was just curious?
If there were people out there with a problem with it....
I have a mixed baby(frm a prev. relationship) and I get endless complaments on her!!
I really thank all of you for taking the time to answer my question!!

Like I said I love my mexican man and noone will change that!! :)

gigglez87
05-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I am hispanic and I have dated outside my race...its nothing out of the ordinary. Other people shouldn't matter when it comes to your relationship with your partner. Obviously people are going to talk either way. In Massachusetts or from what I have seen it's the older people who have a problem with races mixing other than that mostly everyone is dating outside their race. I know people who come from families that have arranged marriages and its against their religion to date outside their race and they are still going against it because you can't help who you fall in love with.

MKW
05-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Funny topic :)
For us in France there is no such thing as the "hispanic type". For us, Latinos are just Whites with a tan :p Therefore, under my pespective, a White woman dating an Hispanic man wouldn't be an interracial couple at all :D

jessica7661
05-23-2009, 08:47 AM
i am white and anthony is hispanic...he was raised by his grandmother and she always told him stay away from white girls they are no good, marry a black girl or a hispanic girl because you will make pretty babies...well our daughter is white and hispanic and the most beautiful lil girl i have ever seen!! his family is pretty horrible to me...they say im a gold diggin whore and all types of horible shit...i can only assume that its because im white because none of the things they say about me is true...but i luv my man and thats all that matters...color means nothing...and im so thankful to have found this wonderful person who was raised to believe such hatefull things and he rised above it and trusted his own judgement from day one...he is such a strong individual and i am so proud of him <3 he always has my back against his family and its a wonderful thing to not have to even deal with that racial drama cause my girl who is white, has a baby to a black man and his momma HATES white people and its messing up their whole relationship and i dont think its gunna work for them because this man wont stand up for her. its horrible that sumthing like the color of skin can completely destroy the power of love and unity.

people allways say that white people are racist...well i've felt more hate from other ethnicitys than i have ever givin to anybody and thats not fair. our society really needs to work on becoming united cause all this hate is no way to live and is not a world i want my daughter to be raised in. love should see no colors and the bible says love your neighbor..whats goin on here?

mrschris
05-24-2009, 01:50 PM
the ones in his family were slow to accept me. now we are all pretty ok. if they have anything bad to say they don't let me know it and as long as it stays that way i am cool...

don't know about the ones on the streets and really don't care! i have had very little issue dealing with the interracial relationship situation--but the few negative experiences i have had came from people of all colors--including black women. so it's pretty much a non-discriminating problem :p

tampamed
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I am hispanic ...actually Cuban-American, first born generation in the US. My family doesnt really care if the women or men date "white". My aunt is married to an anglo and my two uncles are married to anglos as well no one cares. I can say I dont date "white" men because I feel there is a loss of culture but to each their own it doesnt really matter.

LadyJ8402
06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
im with a black man but ive dated a white guy before.i honestly dont care about interracial dating.i think its a beautiful thing

mamakitten
06-01-2009, 07:36 PM
God Made us all the same
where we were born..
our heritage
our upbringing and our paths in lives
are chosen by Our own destiny..NOT our color or race.
God has Given us a Gift, A gift Of Love one another!! we reaally are all the same
WE ALL COME FROM THE SAME MAKER

jessica7661
06-01-2009, 09:00 PM
anthony is hispanic and his entire family is very rude to me. when i got pregnant i was no longer allowed to step foot in his great grandmothers home...it was real messed up!! when i first met her she told me in spanish that my aura was pure and kind and she gave me a peice of jewelry that i absolutly loved and i asked her how she knew id like it and she said i just know....(shes into santeria n stuff like that)...than i got pregnant and i guess my aura was like satan or something cause this tiny old lady would curse sum angry spanish and spit when i was on the side walk all the way in front of her house..

its really messed up how his whole family treats me...its really hurtfull too cause ive gone way outa my way to be kind to them and forgave alotta their behaviors when i shoulda known that they didnt desserve my forgiveness...but ya know...anthony has my back and thats all that matters. they write to him in prison and lie about me and he doesnt listen cause he knows me and they do not. i do not expect him to put me before his family but he does..i guess im glad in a way..but ya know..we have a family of our own and we'll be married someday so i am his main woman you know? im just really so blessed to have a wonderful strong minded sensitive sexy stubburn pain n the butt man like anthony..because i've seen a families problems with difference of race completly destroy a couple..its a sticky situation but love truly conqueres all and i hope my girl gets it together and her man stops being such a mommas boy =p

Gotti's Wifey
06-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Damn I feel lucky to get along with his family,Of corse Im the butt of the jokes and so is he for bringing a White Girl in the family,but other than that we have a good relationship......
Thank you all

Jillian
06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
No matter the color of the relationship, as long as its full of love and respect its an awesome relationship. There will always be a few who feel that men/women of their race shouldn't be with anyone else but their own race. There are so many more who understand that true love does not see color, it sees two ppl who loves each other despite their differences

ojos azules
06-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Actually, from my understanding, you're probably NOT caucasian. Look up the etiology of the word to learn specifics. It's been a long while since I learned about it, and if my memory serves me correctly, the word came about from a German scientist *I think*, don't quote me, to describe white people who originated from the Caucus mountain range in Europe. How many of us are from there??? Over time the word evolved into usage by many European descendants to describe all white people- incorrectly. It's since been "realized" at least by certain people in authority here in the US, and so government forms and organizations like the police are moving AWAY from usage of the word and are now often replacing it with simply "white".

Just goes to show that everything is not always as it seems, even when we're pretty sure we "know" something. :shrug:

hiswife78
06-17-2009, 12:16 AM
I have NOOOO problem with it.
You cant help who your heart belongs to. Its Gods destiny!

Plus they make cute babies :D

esteli
06-17-2009, 12:46 AM
i am white and anthony is hispanic...he was raised by his grandmother and she always told him stay away from white girls they are no good, marry a black girl or a hispanic girl because you will make pretty babies...well our daughter is white and hispanic and the most beautiful lil girl i have ever seen!! his family is pretty horrible to me...they say im a gold diggin whore and all types of horible shit...i can only assume that its because im white because none of the things they say about me is true...but i luv my man and thats all that matters...color means nothing...and im so thankful to have found this wonderful person who was raised to believe such hatefull things and he rised above it and trusted his own judgement from day one...he is such a strong individual and i am so proud of him <3 he always has my back against his family and its a wonderful thing to not have to even deal with that racial drama cause my girl who is white, has a baby to a black man and his momma HATES white people and its messing up their whole relationship and i dont think its gunna work for them because this man wont stand up for her. its horrible that sumthing like the color of skin can completely destroy the power of love and unity.

people allways say that white people are racist...well i've felt more hate from other ethnicitys than i have ever givin to anybody and thats not fair. our society really needs to work on becoming united cause all this hate is no way to live and is not a world i want my daughter to be raised in. love should see no colors and the bible says love your neighbor..whats goin on here?

You actually think they treat you like this because you are white? Believe me, people like this aren't nice to anybody. He could be with a girl from his mom's hometown and they'd find a reason why she isn't good enough. It's just the kind of people/family they are--has nothing to do with you. Don't beat yourself up trying to please them, just be yourself. They either come around due to respect for him or they never do. Best to you girl. ;)

Jesses_Girl
06-17-2009, 11:35 AM
My husband is hispanic and I am white. My family has no issues with it at all. Neither do my friends. His parents passed when he was young so they are not around. His friends however, they gave him a hard time. I don't know how many of them gave him the evil eye and complained that he was gonna "marry that white girl".

mrsrizz1986
06-27-2009, 02:15 AM
Well I'm white and I never dated a white man. lol

pinkybaby7
07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
im white and my boyfriends hispanic my parents dont have a problem with him at all his mom loves me. his father is no longer alive so i dont know what he would think! but his brothers wife hates me cause im white!! she says "my sister would make a better wife to you shes hispanic" and he just says she can make a good wife to someone else cause he loves me! the only person that has a problem on my side is my older brother! but thats normal of him. and i havent heard anyone hispanic women besides his sister in law have a problem with it. i have only dated hispanic men!

MrsCetina
07-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Im a very pale white girl married to a Mexican man. I was scared to meet his parents, but they love me. Sometimes when I visit at the jail, I stand out because Im the only white girl there. Ive never had anyone talk shit to me about it though. Hispanic men are so sexy! If he and I ever split up, I would still stick to dating Hispanics.

chuckdNnette
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
I am a hispanic woman and just have to say that it doesnt matter to me who dates hispanic men....men like different just as women...and love doesn't see color...now there are the "older generation" of hispanic women that you have to worry about or those that are brought up thinking it is wrong...when really what is wrong with the color of one's skin? NOTHING!!!...I am married to a black man that i fell in love with 15 years ago...i was 13 in middle school when i met him...i was forbade to see him by my mom bc at the time my grandmother lived with us and she did not like that...he and i went on with our lives...and we came into contact with each other through a mutual friend...i had just come out of a 9 yr relationship and married him shortly after...once my mom got to know him she realized why i was with him...i can never stop smiling!! i dont care what anyone in any other race says about he and i being together...if i worry what others think then im never goin to be happy!!

jamfam
09-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi I thought I would comment after seeing so many posts. I'm latina and I'd say that it's come as an advantage to me since latin people are probably some of the most diverse looking. I have a variety of mixes of latin cultures that make up who I am. As a result I have people in my family you'd say were white without a doubt (blue/green eys and blonde hair with beautiful porcelein skin). Then I have my dark hair and dark eyes beauties or my curly haired women. Theres people that look asian. I have dark skinned people in the family and some you'd swear were mixed with black. I think they are all Extremely beautiful inside and out. Being that I have grown up with this "advantage" I've learned that beauty truly comes from within. So to answer the question of what do I as a hispanic woman think of hispanic men with white women? I think how beautiful that these people know how to love without boundry and prejudice and I think those are the kind of people I'd want to take time to get to know because they value the beauty within!

MarquicesWife
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
I am half cuban half white, I have never dated a hispanic man. I have always dated black men. I have had white people tell me I am betraying my race (although most people think of me as hispanic and not white), hispanic people tell me I should date within my own race, so I ask them what is my race since i am mixed! And does that mean I only date cubans? or can i date all hispanics? Then people in the AA community get mad about me dating their men too. So basically in all aspects I am pissing someone off. I don't care at all. I think everyone should be able to date whomever from whatever race. And like Wobabi said, it isn't just AA women who have a problem with it, every race seems to have a problem with it which to me is just plain stupid.

MrsHunt
09-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Who cares what color you are? Underneath our skin, we're all a bundle of blood, fat, muscle, and bone. And in the end, we're all GREY. :D

KsGal
09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
hey beats me if ur in love more power to u!

lopez482
09-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Okay, well I'm going to admit so some of my FORMER conceptions. I'm from the TX panhandle and the town i grew up in was 90% white, 8 % hispanic and the 'others' which was 2 black families and 1 asian. Well since us hispanics were outnumbered we liked it when white girls would date hispanic MEN bc then we'd get their numbers, STUPID i know. But if a white guy went after a hispanic girl, all hell would break loose. That also had to do with religion, if the mother was Catholic it wouldn't be fair to raise the 'mixed' baby with a baptist dad, etc, etc...it was all very small minded and wrong. There were other rules too about the mixing of races and who counted as what, it's too stupid and embarrassing for me to tell about it now.

Thank God I got out of that one horse town. When I first moved to the beautiful city of Austin, TX I had so many prejudices, it's ridiculous, but I didn't know any better, it's how we were all raised up there. I seriously offended someone during my freshman year at the university and instead of responding to my hatred, he educated me a bit and we became very good friends. He literally pulled my head out from the sand. I'm so thankful for his openmind and taking the time to change mine. Now when I go back home for very SHORT visits, I'm amazed that i ever had such backwards thinking and I'm just thankful that I know better now.

So now, I don't care who is with who or what. It's too much work and drama to worry about what everyone else is doing. I just take care of mine and I am respectful of everyone I encounter.

VictorsLadii
09-28-2009, 09:47 PM
:) ive never had anyone direct a racial comment about me being with my man who is hispanic and I am white, A girlfriend of mine is actualy hispanic too and her and all her family know about it and accept it..Its just opinions anyway, Id be hurt if his parents didnt accept me, but as far as I know, they told him if he's happy then they are too. And that's all I need to know.

friendtobob
10-01-2009, 06:49 AM
i dont have any issues of it since my mom is puerto rican (she came here from puertorico) and my dad is white his dad ( my grandfather was from sweden and my grandmother was a first generation irish american).
from what i have seen its more of a culture thing then a race thing. does that make sense? hispanics are very proud of their culture and they do not want it to get lost. we want to carry the traditions of our ancestors and continue to celebrate certain holidays (like 3 kings) and continue to cook the food that our grandmothers made. I was fortunate that i grew up well rounded. we had the best of both worlds. I participated in the st. patty's day parade as well as the puertorican day parade. i learned to clog as well as salsa. i can make a bad ass roast pork with rice and beans as well as a good colcannon and beef brisket i have also made Kalops (Swedish Beef Stew). i know every irish tale and hymn out there and speak spanish fluently. i speak a little swed but honestly spanish is used more.
so its not so much a race thing when it comes to hispanics. its a culture thing.
my moms family welcomed my dad with open arms. He was interested in the culture and he speaks spanish fluently too.

friendtobob
10-01-2009, 06:55 AM
oh and for the record. i have never dated a black or hispanic man. i have always had a thing for white boys. lol. I am just attracted to light skin and i go overboard when i see one with frekles lol. its just personal preferance. like some people like blondes while others like brunettes.

friendtobob
10-01-2009, 06:59 AM
oh and its not only a black,hispanic and white thing. i have a friend who is jewish, not married. his family doesnt ask when he is going to marry a good girl, they say "when are you going to marry a good jewish girl"
its a matter of things being easier, conveniance. but some of the greatest love stories are about great love and hardship. you can help who you love or what your attracted to

deborahsmiles
10-01-2009, 07:55 AM
My experiance has always been GOOD!!!!! I am very light skinned and married a Hispanic man and we had a daughter... Who is very dark... I've had several people ask my if she was a foster child... That was wierd.... But I wasn't insulted.. I believe she is a Beautiful Girl and even thought her daddy and I are NOT together anymore.... We ALL get along fabulously.... {We divorced in 2001} That's her standing next to me!!!!!! I can't say for others, but I know that a possitive sence of {being} is always a good thing....

MarriedSince08
10-01-2009, 10:25 AM
honestly they DON'T really like it at all...all the ones I know have a serious problem with it and wish it were a different person.

badd bxtch
10-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I can either give you the response that everyone will like.. or the response which is the truth lol.

This is from MY experience.

I am white; && I have always dated hispanic men. I have never really ran into any problems. I have heard of some hispanic women [the more traditional ones] being under the impression that white girls 'don't know how to cook' are 'lazy' and some other stereotypes; but I have never witnessed it. The only time I ran into a problem was when I dated a man that was half black.

To each his/her own I guess!

esteli
10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
honestly they DON'T really like it at all...all the ones I know have a serious problem with it and wish it were a different person.

What an untrue statement. I'm 100% Latina (pa que lo sepas) and I couldn't care less who a hispanic man is dating. I couldn't care less if he is with a white woman, a black woman or whatever. The only thought that runs through my head is "you want him you can have him." LOL I don't know any LATINA woman that gives a flying f about it either.

Some of the older traditional moms may get upset but no one in the modern world of Latinos cares!

I grew up with neighbors who were Mexican. This Mexican family next door -- well the mom was upset if they choose to marry someone Mexican but not from their same exact hometown. How crazy. But she was older traditional and believed all this.

I know anyone Latina raised in this country couldn't care less! These men are no prizes you can have them. LOL :ha: Just kidding, some of them are wonderful husbands and I should know because I have 6 brothers some of them married to white girls and they've made wonderful husbands and fathers to their families.

badd bxtch
10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
What an untrue statement. I'm 100% Latina (pa que lo sepas) and I couldn't care less who a hispanic man is dating. I couldn't care less if he is with a white woman, a black woman or whatever. The only thought that runs through my head is "you want him you can have him." LOL I don't know any LATINA woman that gives a flying f about it either.

Some of the older traditional moms may get upset but no one in the modern world of Latinos cares!

I grew up with neighbors who were Mexican. This Mexican family next door -- well the mom was upset if they choose to marry someone Mexican but not from their same exact hometown. How crazy. But she was older traditional and believed all this.

I know anyone Latina raised in this country couldn't care less! These men are no prizes you can have them. LOL :ha: Just kidding, some of them are wonderful husbands and I should know because I have 6 brothers some of them married to white girls and they've made wonderful husbands and fathers to their families.

Great response. Every man that I have dated has had a mother who loves me. Of course, the fact that I can make some mean arroz con gandules always helps:thumbsup:

I've noticed with hispanic mothers, if you help them cook, clean, set the table.. whatever... you're usually in. I'm european.. 100% serbian.. and the same goes in my culture. Maybe that's why I've never had a problem?:D

esteli
10-01-2009, 12:08 PM
Great response. Every man that I have dated has had a mother who loves me. Of course, the fact that I can make some mean arroz con gandules always helps:thumbsup:

I've noticed with hispanic mothers, if you help them cook, clean, set the table.. whatever... you're usually in. I'm european.. 100% serbian.. and the same goes in my culture. Maybe that's why I've never had a problem?:D

Awww you bettya!! Every mom just wants to know the woman will take care of him. Out of my 6 brothers only one of them is married to a Latina woman and that is the one my mom has reservations about because even though she is 100% Latina she does nothing spend money like there is no tomorrow. Yeah my brother has spoiled her because he makes good money but my mom would like to see her being smart about their financial future.

So it's not the race or ethnicity...it's how you treat their "boy" that mom's are worried about. Also my mom speaks English and language isn't a barrier. Actually 4 of my brothers are married to white girls and one of them my mom just adores her.

Serbian...now I know where you got those looks. I kept looking at that picture and wondered...but makes total sense. You're beautiful.

badd bxtch
10-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Awww you bettya!! Every mom just wants to know the woman will take care of him. Out of my 6 brothers only one of them is married to a Latina woman and that is the one my mom has reservations about because even though she is 100% Latina she does nothing spend money like there is no tomorrow. Yeah my brother has spoiled her because he makes good money but my mom would like to see her being smart about their financial future.

So it's not the race or ethnicity...it's how you treat their "boy" that mom's are worried about. Also my mom speaks English and language isn't a barrier. Actually 4 of my brothers are married to white girls and one of them my mom just adores her.

Serbian...now I know where you got those looks. I kept looking at that picture and wondered...but makes total sense. You're beautiful.

I have dealt with moms that barely spoke any english but I do understand some spanish so I got along with them just fine. They would always complain to me about the 'sucias' that their other sons would bring home! lol. What I have come to understand, is that for the most part.. you need to show that you have good intentions and atleast some domestic skills! I'm a cancer.. and I'm european.. so no problem there! haha.

& thank you for the compliment; it made me blush! :D

Mz.MM
10-01-2009, 04:01 PM

lololololololol, if you makin arroz con gandules, pernil & pasteles... im comin over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lololol GRINGA or not... fok it.. (dies)

poni'swoman
10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Prejudice is ignorance. I don't care who anyone is with as long as they leave me and my family alone.

MarriedSince08
10-02-2009, 12:46 PM

I was speaking from my experience and from my part of the country...the south okay and from MY area yes it is a true statement. Yours is different and that is fine but don't say mines is untrue, I live out here, Im of mixed race, I see it.

esteli
10-02-2009, 09:04 PM
I was speaking from my experience and from my part of the country...the south okay and from MY area yes it is a true statement. Yours is different and that is fine but don't say mines is untrue, I live out here, Im of mixed race, I see it.

:eek: as a broad statement it isn't true so that's what I was referring to. now if in Kansas you have certain Latinos who don't like their kids marrying a woman of a different race such as white, we must consider the hispanics you are referring to. but as a broad overall statement it just doesn't wash and that's what we are talking about, generalization. as with other races it may be an overall generalization they don't accept interracial marriage, of course never will it be 100% but the majority so that's what I was referring to. I didn't mean to say it wasn't your particular experience. I wonder why they aren't accepting you and you are of mixed race? Are you dating a hispanic man?

316_lovex3
10-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Hey! Nice to meet you. Well to be honest with you, all throughout high school I always disliked the hispanic guys who would date the "white girls". I thought there had to be something wrong with them! But here I am being a hypocrite, I didn't see anything wrong with ME (a hispanic female) dating a white guy. I know I am not the only one who felt like this, me and some friends always used to always talk about it. But I feel differently now that I am older. We were all just being jealous because usually the hispanic guy is attractive to some extent. Because we didn't see anything wrong with any other sort of interracial dating, so do what you do! Love has no colors, don't let anyone hold you back :D

Angeleyes87
12-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I an white and with a mexican, he says people at the store look at us but i dont notice. The only girls that seem to be bothered by it are ones that have a problem with me for some other dumb reason. But i am also suprised there wasn't more negative replies to this post.

Sauls esposa
01-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Hello to all well we definately have more than a few things stacked against us. Iam white my husband is from Elsalvador and I am 11 yrs. older than him. We have beautiful 1yr old twin boys.That could pass for either white or hispanic. We have had more problems with hispanic people thinking he married me for papers than anything else...???? Hes been legal for 10 yrs....wtf??? He notices people saying stuff more than me we live in southern Va. where prejudice is rampid and ignorrance is HUGE when coming to these matters. But we prevail and move on, I just tell him the man upstairs will deal with them...

LeStrange
02-13-2010, 08:59 AM

I agree the mexicans i have been around are always putting down white people and talking about them but at the same time they tend to suck up to white people and put blacks down. But i dont hang or associate with mexicans anymore

mydestiny
02-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Im Puerto Rican and my man is Black so I say take the hispanics 'cause I don't want 'em.... Just kidding.... But on a serious note, I have always been attracted to black men and as a hispanic woman I have always been looked at differently amongst my own kind for this. I say love is love and has no color. I dont care who is with who as long as they are happy....

prettywoman2
03-03-2010, 01:06 AM
If there is love who cares what others think!!!

I'm Hispanic and I feel love is love and race is just a word created by man to divide us all!:blah:

I dated an African American guy and I know Many of his Female friends which were African American too would always make comments like "Who do these Mexican B!@#$ Think they are taking all our good men" comments like that would not get me angry what would get me angry would be why do they all consider us "Mexican" Just bc we speak spanish does not mean we are "Mexican" LOL sorry I went on a different subject!:p

That is very true and that plays out in all races as well. I am a black female and I have a very wonderful, loving, strong, smart, etc... etc... Sexy Mexican man in my life and I am good to him in every way and he is good to and for me. He is my everything and I am his. Any ill feelings toward us and our love is simple... I Don't Care!!! As long as it is true love on both parties involved then I say go for it... People are always gonna talk about stuff so screw them! We are very happy and will be getting married soon...:)

justme619
03-03-2010, 01:31 AM
//

Tuesday123
03-05-2010, 01:17 PM
My fiance is hispanic, and I am white. I'm 84% european, 14% native american, 2% black. (good ol DNA test)

Before he was returned to jail, we would get not so nice looks from hispanic women of all ages. More than half the time I didnt even notice, my fiance would point it out to me because it was so blatant. It bothered us both equally.

I don't think its fair, and I don't think it should be an issue, but it is a very harsh reality.

Hello all.
I am married to a hispanic man,and I have always been attracted to hispanic men,but I always wonder what the hispanic women think about white women with hispanic men?

Onaicult
03-05-2010, 01:37 PM
I could give a sh*t what someone else has to say about my hispanic husband and I. I didn't "take him away" from anyone, nor did he take me away from anyone. If someone has a problem w/ it.. that's just it-THEIR problem. :)

txsapphire
03-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Hello all.

I'm rican with a white man...color/ethnic background shouldn't matter. LOVE is what matters!:thumbsup:

PTO-189145
03-18-2010, 10:27 PM
You know whats funny?..

I never come into the interracial forum because..i didn't think I applied.

I am "white"..and my honey is puerto rican. I guess i never stopped to really think about it...:rolleyes:

i guess we are "interracial" :rolleyes:

I don't see why it would be a problem. I see absolutely nothing wrong with interracial dating..no matter WHAT the race is. Love is blind.

lovinghim777
03-31-2010, 01:18 AM
I am mexican and my fiance is black. Me personally, I was always into hispanic men and black men. I really dont have a problem with women taking hispanic men.. it is nt like there is a shortage of men out there. lol There is love for everyone people! No matter what race. But for relz, the hispanics that I grew up around, most of em are short. lol..I am tall so it was kinda hard for me to find a tall hispanic! Sooo especially if your shorter, go for it. lol

rockys lil girl
03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
My question is Why do people look at the colors or where they from, Look there is plenty of fishes in the sea for everyone. So pick what you like and who cares what others think.... Im hispanic and i dont care if chinese, black, white, purple, red, pink are with hispanic men....

hisbabygirl08
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm white and my man is Latino. He has told me straight out he has always been more into white girls and to me love doesnt have a color. Everyone has a right to follow their heart nomatter what color someone is. Yes everyone has their on openion about it and some people would not see themselves with a certen race but I am not judgemental. I mean just because there might be a race I wouldnt hook up with doesnt mean everyone has to be like that. Becides I am friends with all diffrent races and I have friends who are into diffrent races and again, love doesnt have a color.

onlyyours
04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I think mixed couples are blessed to have one another because they
have chosen to follow their heart not the world!
yo! i love that one!haha- im married to an dominican.. and we are just made for eachother! Love does not have an color!But i have never had any problems at all.. well at least they did not say it into my face-lol

pisces317
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
THE COLOR OF ONES SKIN SHOULD'NT MATTER,i think when you go looking to find love skin at least in my case does'nt have much merit,but i love black skin against mine we just attracted better but love is love and it comes in a array of beautiful color's so I'M THANKFUL TO BE ABLE TO PICK AMONG THIOSE BEAUTIFUL COLORS

TwinTraviesa
05-04-2010, 08:18 AM
I Am Latina but you would probably never guess by looking at me. I have been told I look very "white". I have listened to many a conversation about me by people thinking I would never understand spanish. lol
But anyways either way I am and I dont get bothers by anyone dating hispanic/latino men. I love them to. lol

JTICKR
05-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Some people are just ignorant to think relatinships should be based on race, so I dont listen to what thy say. Im Hispanic and half white, but i look more white than hispanic, and myhusband isfull hispanic. so if anyone tells me anything i lugh cuz hes with me not them for a reason

sthrnswty
06-07-2010, 09:12 PM
i have to admit i never understood interracial dating until the day i fell in love with a man from Mexico. he has my heart and i cannot see myself with anyone else. i am white and my family doesn't and will probably never approve but his whole family welcomed me with opened arms and i love them just as much. i struggle with Spanish and his parents struggle with English but somehow we still communicate beautifully. its like its meant to be. i love him and his family and i don't see anything wrong with the relationship i am in. i feel horrible for ever thinking anything bad about interracial relationships. so for all the haters out there go ahead and hate me and him we have each other and that's all that matters.
ps.. i am the only non-Hispanic person he has ever dated as well so we both jumped into this with our hearts and minds opened to the struggles we would face knowing we could overcome anything together!

Mrs. Happy
06-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Whatever floats his boat...

ralphiesbaby
06-08-2010, 12:20 AM
I could careless you are not suppose to love someone for what they look like. Your suppose to love someone for what's in their heart.

ms.ruiz1426
06-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Love is blind........hey u found love just hold on till the end

Smallife
06-08-2010, 03:53 AM
If they are talking about you or your man, they dont have a social life at all, if they waist time by judging etc. i sure dont have that much time to judge about with who you are, do you? doesnt that say enough about the complainer....

Im proud on my man he's hispanic im half mexican, so what the *** do i care what his or my people say about it, im "lucky" to look white, im travelling between belgium/ netherlands/ England/ Mexico for my job. If you say you have an hispanic hub, im half mexican they look stupid even have comments about it! Yes even in europe. But if they see doing my job they shut up

Be PROUD for who you and youre man are, you are with him for a reason and he is with you... Love Trust Faith + more!!!

Smallife

browniesss
06-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Lol nahhh I'm Cuban & I say mix it uppp! As long as it's not a white woman trying to get with MY man, then I don't mind. But using that logic, no woman would be approved of haha :)

Mrs. Happy
06-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Im with you browniesss. Im half puerto rican and half native american i feel the same way.

Mrs. Happy
06-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Im with you browniesss i too feel the same way...

pheonyx05
06-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Im fijian, samoan and english my skin is white because im a throw back from my great grandparents but people always seem to judge from the color of your skin and not the blood that runs thru your veins!!! But i see people for who they are not what color they are... my babes Hispanic:D

marthad
06-25-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm hispanic and my husband white.. and we love each other, race or differents cultures does not make any difference for us. I love my gringo :)

lady dlokz
06-27-2010, 04:53 PM
at first i was kinda like white women with hispanic men?

but now after thinking my brother is 26 and he has been with white girls. well italian girls are his preference but they were all cool so i didnt trip. the only girls i would trip off are those with a lack of respect. my dad as well has been attracted to white girls. so for both of them they like there own but are also atteracted to white girls. as for me im attracted to mexican guys even though my man is white but he has the heart of a bean. so no i do not have a problem with it as long as we all get along, nobosy is better than the other and down to earth people are always the best!