View Full Version : Finally!

onyx306
12-24-2003, 06:14 AM
Oh I am soooo... happy about this forum! Thank you Fed-X! I saw where it was a possibility to start this and since I definatly relate to this category I am thrilled! My fiance Travis still has almost eleven years left to go and I am glad now to know I can have a specific place to relate to others who are in the same boat!:D

msvbabygirl
12-24-2003, 08:20 AM
I feel ya onyx. I am looking at about 14 more years. I am definately happy that this forum is here too. I know this is a hard road and I am glad we have a place to relate.

cwmram
12-24-2003, 08:25 AM
Hi, This is a great idea! He was sentenced to ten years and has about 8 and a few months left. Hopefully a modification goes through, but if it doesn't I am prepared (I Hope!) Stay Strong!!! Much Love and God Bless!

Phil in Paris
12-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Well, I think I will join the club !!! Joey has still 9 years to go :(

Thanks for this new forum David :)
Phil

freckledgrl
12-24-2003, 08:37 AM
My husband has at least 12 more years to go, so I guess I'll pick up my membership card too :)

Freckles

jps_baby0309
12-24-2003, 08:38 AM
We are only looking at 7.5 months. (for which I am grateful) But I am also grateful for this web-site as well. I have learned alot of things that have helped. I have also found the members of PTO to very supportive and friendly, as well as comforting. Even though there are 350 miles between myself and my sweetie, this website helps me feel closer to him.

Thank you, thank you!

Merry Christmas to all!

(hey I might even be catching alittle of that holiday spirit! :dance:

kelly gomez
12-24-2003, 10:18 AM
well I will join in my husband has 6 years to go I just joined pto at the first of december but I am so happy jut to be here I will be looking foward to talking to more of you as time passes thanks for being here

kelly

Eboniizs
12-24-2003, 10:26 AM
I've done almost 17 at my guys side, do I qualify? LOL

I just want to say to each of you, that everything will be ok. When the judge said "I sentence you to 35 years" I thought my world was going to end. But here we are 42 days from OJ release and still standing side by side, stronger than ever.

if you ever need someone to listen I'm here.. there's not a fear, feeling, doubt that I haven't experienced.

God Bless you all...

MrsP
12-24-2003, 06:42 PM
Count me in, too. I've done 6 and have 11 years left with my fiance.

Ms Lana
12-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Guess I qualify for this club too. My boyfriend has served a year and a half of his 25 yrs to life sentence, his lawyers say he will probably have to serve at least 17 years of his sentence.

Glad to see this post is here, we've had our ups and downs, I've walked away a couple of times, but in the end our love brings us back together, and this time I am here to stay.

I've never been in such a loving relationship, and yet the circumstances are the most stressful as well. The stress alone has gotten to both of us at times, and explains some of the misunderstandings and the need to step back and look at things realisitically.

Thankfully, we have been able to see clearly that even with all his time to serve, we really do love each other, and neither one of us does well without the other in our life.

This is definitely a long journey for us, but one that we've decided if we take it hand in hand we will both make it.

Looking forward to talking with you all more.

Lana

becbabe
12-24-2003, 09:46 PM
My fiance has been in a little over 5 months on a 10 yr sentence. He had jail time before (105 days) so he only has 9 yrs in Feb but it still seems like forever! I'm glas this formum is also here!

tRiGgSgUrL77
12-25-2003, 02:49 AM
my husband has 8 1/2 yrs left of a 10 yr sentence, we jus got married this month and hopefully he'll be moving closer to my town. hes in memphis tn at this moment and im in kansas. so i hope to see him soon, its been 1 year this month since i last seen him.

bunnyrun5
12-25-2003, 06:04 PM
Yippeee! I am so glad for this forum I don't know what to do. My hubbie has been modified 14 yrs to 11 yrs 4mos. He has done 13 months already. With good time that would be 8.6 years. Whew! In this past year I have gone through so many emotions, it will be good to come here and let it all hang out as well as be a ounding board for someone else. Count me in! :D

squeaky
12-25-2003, 06:05 PM
hi!everyone,it'll be 7years of a 23 to 28 years.come april.think i could be a member?

MrsP
12-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Of course you can be a member, squeaky. I was just reading through this thread and laughed cause we all sound like we're in a self-help group. Hi everyone, My name is MrsP and I've done 6 years already.

Looking forward to having people to talk with who understand!!!

bookworm
12-25-2003, 08:30 PM
john is a 25 to life with the possibility of parole in 15. we have been together for 6 but lord, dear lord it is so hard. I feel like I'm dying inside waiting for him to come home.

outlawsdeb
12-25-2003, 08:36 PM
My baby has a max out date of 2013.....so we're not sure how long we are looking at...........but I know it's long term....

AuntieM
12-25-2003, 08:50 PM
I have always called my nephew, the son I never had....I love him as a son......I fought tooth and nail to raise him from the broken home he had ........he was born 05/22/1981, incarcerated for life w/ parole in 05/1999.........yes.....I can definately find some understanding friends here.......

ABP
12-25-2003, 09:01 PM
His max date is 2013, but is eligible for parole in 2004. It will be his second time around with the board, and he has hopes, but who knows how much more time he has to do... He has served almost ten years now.

squeaky
12-26-2003, 12:46 AM
MrsP...it is NICE when someone understands.you know i never knew i had a thing for post offices and mailmen until this...seems they make me all excited now days..

lonewulf
12-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Count me in!! My husband has done 4 of a 48 year sentence. We have oral arguments for our appeal comming up Jan. 6, we can use all the prayers in the world!!! We are hoping that we can AT LEAST get rid of the habitual charge and end up with the original 6-12, having a complete win though would be GREAT!! I will cross my fingers, toes and anything else I can think of! Ha! Ha! It's nice to see you all!

divita
12-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Good afternoon everyone!
I hope your holiday has been safe and peaceful. My man has about 6-7 years left and has been in for 13 years. I still don't know the specifics about when he will come out. At first I thought that he was in until 2010, with no possibility for parole. Then he tells me a few days ago that it could be 2009 and he will come up for parole. The reason why I don't know as much as I should is because when he went to jail, I was so devestated that all I could hear was "20 yrs".

We were 19 and I was in college and my heart just sank. Back then that seemed like an impossible sentence so I went on with my life-but still visited him, wrote, talked to him until he got moved further and further away from me. I hope he will be transferred closer to me early next year. We are both praying for that! At this point when he is so close but yet still has more than 5 years left on his sentance, it's getting hard again. Anticipating him getting out and trying to make plans to integrate him back into our lives is the hardest part. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now we are starting to touch on his legal issues. He is in Federal prison and I hate to waste our 15 min. talking about that stuff. Sorry it's so long! I really don't know how I made it this long. It hasn't been easy. By the grace of God he will be out before my kids graduate from high school. I can't even think about what happens if he is not paroled.

Travs_girl
12-26-2003, 10:39 AM
We've done 3 years and have 8-10 to go. I'm glad this new forum is here.

mrsdragoness
12-27-2003, 06:56 AM
Hey everyone..

Mr D has done 17 years of a 20-50 year sentence for a crime he did not committ. I've done 6 of them with him - married for 3 years now.

He's eligible for parole in 21 months, but ya all know how THAT goes... I'm not even going to get excited about that first date - we live with the HOPE FOR THE BEST, PLAN FOR THE WORST theory!

Its good to see the new forum for "us." What suggestions/ideas do you ladies have for making this an ACTIVE forum??? :D

mrs. d

wannamae
12-27-2003, 01:04 PM
All right!! The 10+ Club!!
Lets say my Husband has done over ten I dont like adding it all up. But you can try the math. lol
Our son was born in 88', his first visit with his dad inside he was 7 yrs old. Our son now is 15yrs.
James next parole (estimated) date is March 2005. Max out date is 2010. I always hoped he'd be out before our son turned into "legal" age.

Roosangel
12-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Well we have done almost 3 and have 12 more to go, thats with his good time, If not he will be home no later then 2018. We dont think about the time we just enjoy what we have and keep busy, It makes it go easier.

Goose Bumps
12-29-2003, 06:07 PM
My wife is on a twenty five year sentence, we have been married for one year Jan 10, 04. We are in the process of filing a writ of Habeas Corpus in Texas. She has served 6 and a half of the 25, with 12 and a half being 50% and first parole eligibility in Dec 2009. I'm dying here, I love her so much and she is not guilty of her conviction, she even has a codefendant who got the same sentence. I travel from Michigan every month to see her for fours Saturday and four hours on Sunday. They let us have what they call special visits because of how far I live, Detroit, she's in TDCJ, in Texas. Man, I want her home!!!

thunder
12-29-2003, 06:35 PM
My friend was sentenced 20-40. He did 20 and was pre-released 01/02 (I;ve known him for 13 yrs). Was returned 10/02 due to a conflict w/ a supervisor/former inmate at a ccc. They did 16 yrs together and during that time, they had a run in.

When my friend arrived to the ccc for pre-release, the supervisor/former inmate informed him that he didn't forget him and would settle things. From the beginning, he was signled out, always selected for random urine test, made to do extra chores after work, etc.

The day he was returned, the supervisor/former inmate falsified information. My friend was sanctioned by the ccc; however, when the supervisor/ former inmate returned to work a few days later, he stated that he wanted him returned, because he did not feel safe for himself or his family. Go figure. Oh, the day the incident happened, he informed the supervisor/ former inmate that he was scheduled to see the parole board (release to approved home plan) in a few days, and the comment was, "life's a bitch."

After he was returned, I went to center to get his belongings. Several staff members stated that my friend was innocent; however, they could not say anything due to conflict of interest. He counselor spoke w/ me off the record and stated that he was a model resident; lead groups, did community projects w/ at risk-youth, etc. She was hurt; however, she could not write a support letter.

I did get support letters from those that my friend did the outside community projects with. His employer spoke of his character at work, his organizational skills, promptness to work and w/ tasks. He stated that he would hire him again upon his return. These letters were forwarded to the prison and board.

He was reviewed by his home prison 2/03, after he returned there January 03. They did not recommend him for parole due to their disappontment w/ him. They made a bet that he would not return. We understood their denial, because he knew they were hurt, regardless of how he was returned.

He met w/ the parole board 5/03 and was denied, based on not receiving support from the prison, failure to complete a community center center program and a threat to society. Mind you, his crime was self defense. This does not diminish his criminal action.

He was reviewed by the prison 11/03 and they (deputy, superientendent, unit manager, counselor, etc .) recommended him for parole. He is scheduled to see the board next year. He has completed his prescriptive programs for parole, etc.

We don't know things will play out. However, I am believing that the board will grant him parole. He has a job and home plan. We are praying that he does not have to return to a ccc. If so, a different one. The ccc where he was pre-released to was run mainly ex-offenders who have attitude and chips on their shoulders. They are controlling and often have the residents do personal things for them in order not to be returned. If not, they are sent back. This ccc has been written up and is know to have the highest return rate. The guys that are returned are sent back for silly stuff. Oh, many of the guys have asked to be returned to prison rather than continue at this particular ccc. My friend was one of them. He stated that they were nastier than the guards and always looked for trouble.

The residents at this ccc could not make more money that the staff. If so, they had to quit their job or turn it down. Tje jobs were legit. Some of the guys refused; therefore, they were sent back.

Oh, I rambled. :-) Sorry. Now I can't remember why I posted. Oh, when parole is granted, he will be on parole for 19 years. I've seen the do's and don'ts for parolees, and they have a tight line/rope to walk. I don't want him to feel imprisoned, but he will have to comply w/ the mandates.

Guys, thanks for letting me ramble.

Have a blessed and prosperous Ne Year!!!!!!!

lonewulf
12-31-2003, 08:50 AM
Wow! What an ordeal! Sounds like your friend has had a rough time. 19 years of parole-I can only wish him the best of luck, for my husband he said it was easier doing the time because the program always set you up to fail, I hope you have a better state to deal with. Welcome to the forum!
Good luck and God bless! Have a Happy New Year Everybody!!!

Lorelei
12-31-2003, 03:00 PM
Well, I might as well stand and introduce myself to our self help group, My name is Lorelei and my husband has been gone 4 years and is not due for release until Christmas 2012. Nice to see that we can do this together and not alone!
My thoughts are with each of you as we and they do this time.

Ther is always HOPE :)

divita
01-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Thunder, you have really been thru the ringer! I am so sorry that your man is going through such misery. I hope that God awful place (ccc( gets shut down. It's a shame when people would rather GO BACK to prison. Good luck to you and him both.

sonnysgirl
01-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Well, I am in this group too. My husband got 20 years and he has served 7 1/2. He is eligible for parole in 2006. I have known him since we were in our teens, dated him when we were 20 and married him in September 2003. He is the love of my life and I told him I would stand by him wheter it was for 2 or 20 and that was 7 years ago. I am so glad that we have this forum where we can relate with others. God Bless you in the New Year

woundedangel
01-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Hi all my love got sentanced to 17 1/2 years and has been in 2 years and has a release date of 2-25 2017......
We also have know each other sense our childhood years, we met in 1976 fell in love and due to threats from my father I walked away from this love...
We hadn't spoke to each other in 20 years until I wrote him when he went in and asked for his forgiveness.
Anyway after maney letters of catching up and ALL my painful secrets comming out one thing lead to another and yes you guessed it we still loved each other.... I visit him every week and the mail man delivers MANEY MANEY letters/cards/poems to him.
He keeps telling me that all we have for now is our visits that I need to let my hair down and go out enjoy life have a one nighter, when I finally after several comments asked him if he really wanted me to sleep around he said "NO"
He tells me that he cant promise anymore than what we already have he wants me to enjoy life and not wait, I am separated from my husband of 20 years due to his alcohol problem and his inability to accept my painful past he is a good man and I do love him but am not sure I am in love with him anymore......I know he loves me and he pays all the bills for both homes but he won't let go and get help......(I was sexually abused and have been getting help) Back to my jailbird.......
Sometimes I doubt his love and wonder if he is playing me other time I firmly believe him.
My reasoning being that we were getting very close and his guard was comming down(we have ALWAYS been shy about expressing ourselves-except on paper) without me realizing it he was planning a wedding with an old drinking buddy. I was very hurt and wrote him a very hurtful letter to that affect. later I was told it was not a marriage of love but him helping a friend and I think to help his son/out of spite to his folks which he told me 2 weeks ago now he was having his doubts about it ???? They have been married sense August and shes been down I think 4 times (she gets 8 hrs and is lucky to get there in time for 3) I guess right now I am really confused I keep going back to knowing that I have know for 27 years the love was there....... But I am scared I don't know him outside those walls.. My brother served 16 years in prison and said he was just feeding off me and I would get hurt ...........HELP.......

I keep praying to God for strength and guidance..Im scared of his release date because I don't know what he really has going threw his mind, he tells me that he is always with me /thinking-dreaming of me but I just don't know.

His lawyer is suppose to submitt his papers to the court Monday and tells us he has one chance and one only, Im afraid that if It doesnt go threw he will push us all completely away..I have told him that I would always be there and NOTHING would ever change that.......It will be 27 years in June that we have know each other and I hope it is a happy summer with him out..........No matter what happens between us....
Yes I could accept his descision to be a friend only.....And I do believe that he did marry and no matter what the reason they need to give it a try or get out.......BUT SHOULD I CONTINUE TO LET THE SEDUCTION GO ON OR STOP IT??
BY THIS i MEAN THE HUGS/I LOVE YOUS/ KISSES.......

Am I wrong to feel this way? or am I just to vurnable??

dragnbaby2003
01-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Hello Everyone, My baby has served 10 years and, still has 6 plus years to go...I would love to be apart of this group because, I feel that we all need support and, someone to talk to once in awhile that understands what we go through on a day to day basis...and, If anyone ever needs a listening ear...I'm here for each and, every one of you...god bless

Sandfort Family
01-03-2004, 08:23 PM
My honey was sentenced to 50 years in prison. Actually it was 110 years, but he gets to run them together. We have a appeal coming up and I just keep praying that something good will happen. All I know is I found my soul mate when I found him, we had a wonderful life together and those memories keep me going and keep me strong. He's only been gone for 3 months, and somedays my heart hurts so bad, I don't think I can make to the next second.some how I do. I continue my fight for my loved one being wrongfully convicted. sometimes I think the anger I have is what really keeps me going, and the knowledge of know if i don't fight for him no one will. Thank you so much for having this site, it's nice to know that I have a place I can come cry to when I'm having those bad moments. God bless all of you and good luck in your journey.

SpringMorn
01-04-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm in too and very happy to find others... my hubby was sentenced to 15yrs in November so, we're just starting the journey.

MrsP
01-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Welcome to PTO, SpringMorn!!!

flygirlaa2
01-04-2004, 04:44 PM
I have done three so far and have about 11 to go.

Dragon1975
01-04-2004, 07:44 PM
17 to 25 years to go

Glowbug
01-04-2004, 09:24 PM
My husband just started his 10 year sentence. I have told him repeatedly that I will wait, however, he doesn't want me to put my life on hold (though he really does) for him. I, at times, worry that I won't be able to wait 10 years. It seems SO LONG at times. Knowing that there are others who have accomplished this and more helps me renew my faith. Thank you all for your support and openess. Hopefully, with time served and early realease, I only have 8 1/2 to go...YEAH!!

suffering2
04-07-2004, 11:01 PM
Hi, I have never posted on this forum but I've been a member for about 2 years. It's been a while since I've last posted, I've been really going thru a lot this past year with all the ups and downs that come with this relationship. My boyfriend is serving life with the possibility of parole . He has been denied 2 times already with a 5 year wait in between the appearances. I really don't know for sure when or even If, he will ever be released. I just hope and pray that one day he will. It's good to read others who are in the same boat- being separated from the one you love for many years and the scary part- maybe forever. How do you all deal with it? I was just wondering, I just wish I had some inkling of WHEN! It is so hard not knowing ANYTHING and having to go on and on day to day and keep hope alive. It takes a lot of prayer for me.. Thanks for just sharing and God bless each and every one of you...

arthurslove
04-08-2004, 06:28 AM
my guy has served almost 17 years and due out in one week from today,it has been a very long journey.ive been a PTO member for about a year and i have learned alot.here in tennessee the parole board will not let you parole out on a SO charge,hearing after hearing he was always denied without them saying it wasnt going to happen.he flattens out....hang in there.and good luck to you all

bikerbaby45
04-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi, everyone, I guess I can join the club, I have been serving 1 year of a 45 year sentence with my baby. He has been in since 1997. He has 8 more years to go until his parole hearing. They denied us our marriage on March 6, 2004. We met last May 25, 2003. But I am in this for the long haul. I am so fortunate that he gets his good days every month of 75-76 days a month as long as he stays on Level 4. I am 164 miles away from him. I only get to go see him once a month.I am hoping for an early parole hearing.I have felt more love from him being on the inside than from any man on the outside. We are true soul mates!He is my other half!Keep the faith! :)

mayday
04-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Hi my Son has been in for almost 2 Years and still has long 28 Years to go .he is only 23 ...but Im waiting ...since I had to wait 20 Years befor to see my Son .
Im glad to be here

Best wishes from Germany

flchickie
04-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone
My son has just started 15 year sentence that he has to do 11years of. God help us to see this through to the end. This is the scarrest thing I've ever had to face and I;m on the outside. Do not know how I would live. if I was on the inside.
My son has asked me to send him all the "Dummy" books as things change on the outside so he can keep up. He is frantic that I should keep his computer and games for him. Keep telling him things are going to change so much while he is inside, he won't care about them when he gets out. I think He just wants the comfort of knowing they will be here for him when he gets out and it will be something he knows how to use and won't have to learn.
Gladd there are others who understand the long term problems.

garyfeatherwood
04-13-2004, 01:39 PM
i felt so sad for you i myself have a loved one in prison my husband he's got twenty years to do. i can't even think of what it must be like to have a child there my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your son

Seedz
04-13-2004, 03:40 PM
I think I should join also. My son was given 16 years and 8 months of government hospitality. He has done just over 2 years. He has to do 80% unless his appeal comes through. It looks like we might as well get to be friends. We will be in the same situtation for quite a while. Thanks for being there. I have no one who I can relate to about these things. Your posts have helped tremendously this past week. Emotional but they have also given me much strenght. Thank You again.

raven25f
04-13-2004, 07:03 PM
My husband has been in since 92. They gave him 35 years...he doesn't come up for parole until march 2011. :(