View Full Version : Have you gotten married in a California Prison?

mrsdragoness
12-23-2003, 07:17 AM
If so, Please click the link below and share the details and your experience. The Prison Weddings Team is working hard to have marriage information for all states. This project can't be complete or won't be successful without input from YOU!
Please use this criteria:
1. Did you have any counsling
2. How long did the whole process take
3. Did you have to find your own minister
4. Were you allowed any flowers or disposable camera
5. How many guests were allowed to be there
6. What was the process to get the marriage license
7. What were the costs you had to pay
8. What were the two of you allowed to wear
9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit

Thanks!

Mrs. Dragon,
Prison Weddings Moderator

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28197

bow
01-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Here's a sad one. I was at Avenal this for the last of the the Thursday and Friday visits and there was going to be a wedding. Everyone was there and the yard went on lock down and the wedding was canceled. I felt so bad for the people there and even the guard at the front door tried to get them help. He made a special effort to get the sergent but to no avail. I don't know if the woman is a PTO member or not she was so upset and I did'nt get to talk to her. Just would hate for someone to be planning one and then have this happen to them without at least preparing for it if it did.

Cubana
01-26-2004, 01:08 AM
I got married in a Orange County jail. would you like that info???

JAYCJT1
02-02-2004, 12:59 AM
i got married in high desert and yes it was a long process.i was able to take him in a ring there was 10 approved visitors allowed we had to buy picture ducats if we wanted pictures and no i didn't get to choose the minister. it cost $130. I didn't have to have counseling but i didn't have to write a letter stating that i understood his charges and how long he was in for stuff like that but it was ok for a prison wedding

MicheleNCali
02-11-2004, 01:52 AM
I got married at SVSP this past Oct....there really was nothing involved except making sure I paid the minster and the city for the licience..... let me know if you have any questions...

Pumkinbrat51
02-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Hi my husband and I got married 11 yrs ago at CMC. It seemed so complicated but my husband was a big help. I had to provide divorce papers from my past marriages, get a blood test, send a letter stating I knew why my husband was incarcerated, and that I still agreed to get married. The day of the wedding I had to bring in my husbands ring, and a $50 money order for the minister. We had 2 inmates, and about 6 outside guests.
The only blemish was the minister was 30 min late, but we got married, and have been happily married for the last 11 yrs.
They are no longer marrying people on Thurs and Fri due to week-end visits only.

Pumkinbrat51

Theresa75
02-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Hi got married in the California Correctional Center in Susanville. I had to fill out alot of paperwork stating that i knew his charges and stuff. Then once the paperwork was turned in it took about 3 weeks to get approved. I was there will 10 other people trying to get married. The took each one of us in a room with two officers and the commisioner to perform the ceremony. Then we went out and we got pictures taken and that was the end of it. There was no counseling that needed to be done. They figure that if you can fill out the paperwork that you are able to make your own decision. I will be married 1yr in May 2004.

Blue Fish
03-01-2004, 02:54 PM
I got married at Salinas Valley State Prison on May 25th.... it was not what I had expected.
First, my husband had to apply for a marriage application. They sent me a big questionaire that I had to fill out. Then I got a call from the marriage coordinator so I could pick a date that would best work for me.
I was able to bring in our rings, he was only allowed a plain wedding band, it couldn't have any stones in it.
I was hugely disappointed in the minister!! I am not religious at all, but I expected a traditional ceremony with the traditional vows. I didn't get that, he went on and on about time and distance and I don't know what else.
But all that besides, it was a great day because I married my best friend, the love of my life. We plan on having another wedding when he gets out so we can do all the mushy cheesy stuff. :) A romantic proposal, wedding invitations, reception, a real dress..... I can't wait for that. :)

tink5858
03-01-2004, 06:13 PM
i got married at old folsom prison in sacramento want any info

yattaboo
03-02-2004, 06:42 PM
I am in the process of getting married. I have recently received the form "B" part which means that if I send the money and birth cert. and the other paper work in by the 3/10 then I think that my Wedding date will be 4/17/04. Wish me luck I am waiting for the birth cert.

TJ Angel
03-22-2004, 11:38 PM
I would love some information...Although I am not planning to marry until 2006, I would still like to know what you had to go through.

villasladie
03-24-2004, 11:34 PM
i dont know how different the different prisons marriage systems are but im tring to get married and i just got the big packet of papers from my fiance i was wondering if anyone here knew how to do the paperwork for pleasant valley state prison or could help me with how they did theirs cuz some of it i would imagine is the same or simular if someone could get back to me when they have a chance it would be very much appreciated =0)

onesweetie
03-25-2004, 03:00 AM
I Got Married In Calipatria State Prison California In 1998. It Took About Two Months To Get The Date. I Had To Pick Up Our Marriage License The Day Prior To The Wedding, Which Cost Me 185 Dollars. We Were Married By The County Clerk And Did Not Receive Any Counseling. We Could Have Had Our Own Minister But He Was Unavailable For Our Date So We Decided On The County Clerk, Just To Get The Family Visit Process Going. We Are Renewing Our Vows When My Husband Comes Home In 2006.

lorirn12000
04-02-2004, 10:54 AM
God, yes info needed. Could you help? Want to get married but need specifics. Are there family visits? How long does it take to get the whole marriage process done? How much does it cost? Where did you or your husband get the paper work? Did you have to get records of previous divorce if applicable? Then how long does it take for a family vist? What are family visits like if youv'e had one? Thanks for the help! Lori

jglsqueen
04-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Have you gotten married in a California Prison?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If so, Please click the link below and share the details and your experience. The Prison Weddings Team is working hard to have marriage information for all states. This project can't be complete or won't be successful without input from YOU!

I got married at Calipatria

1. Did you have any counsling-No counseling offered or required.
2. How long did the whole process take-3 Weeks per the dated memo with our date on it, but from my door to back to me, 5 weeks.3. Did you have to find your own minister-We could have our own Minister or have the County Clerk. We had the County Clerk marry us.4. Were you allowed any flowers or disposable camera-No cameras or flowers allowed from outside, but photos were allowed to be taken by the visiting room porter. Photo ducats (10 max.) had to be purchased by the groom ahead of time.5. How many guests were allowed to be there-2 inmate guests and 10 friends or family from the outside6. What was the process to get the marriage license-Bride has to pick up the license at the County Clerk's office 1-5 days before the wedding and pay the fee.7. What were the costs you had to pay-$80 for the license, and $50 for the officiant (Minister or County Clerk) on the day of the wedding8. What were the two of you allowed to wear-Bride could wear anything that is acceptable during a regular visit. Groom had to wear his usual prison blues (Chambray blue shirt, blue denims)9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit.-Wedding band was allowed, could not be worth more than $100 and could have no jaggered edges.

jglsqueen
04-05-2004, 03:10 AM
Ms.Dragon: Sorry I think I posted the above post in the wrong forum. You wanted it in the prison wedding forum? Could you move it for me, if it's in the wrong place. Thanks, sorry for the inconvenience, didn't notice the link at the bottom of the original questions.

sqbound
04-15-2004, 09:27 AM
My husband and I were married at the Sierra Conservation Center in Jamestown.
1) there was not counceling needed
2) the longest part was waiting for the paperwork to get to him after he requested it. From start to finish maybe 2 months
3) the misister was provided, we did have to pay a fee but I can't seem to remember how much righ now
4) no cameras, you have to have your fiance get a photo ducket before that wedding day. And I am not too sure on flowers.
5) you can have up to 5 guests (I think) but make sure that they have been cleared for visits for your fiance first! Or they will not allow them in. And ABSOLUTELY NO MINORS
6) After he fill out the paperwork he sends it to you, you fill it out and send a money order in with the paperwork and your birth certificate to the county clerks office
7) the cost of the marriage licens was $13.00
8) The same it is on any other visiting day, just be careful and take a change of cloths. One CO made it her mission to almost ruin my wedding day by not letting me in. And the outfit I wore she had approved a month earlier.
9) you can take rings but you have to take his back out and send it in the mail. The value can not be more than $100.00 and no stones at all.

crow woman
04-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Anybody got married in New Folsom? We want to get married the Native way, cause my man is Native. All information is welcome, whether about Native marriages or non-Native. Anybody who has useful information or tips, please email me.
Thanks!

tink5858
06-09-2004, 01:38 AM
amanda are you here IM me

ecochick
07-05-2004, 12:06 PM
I was married at Salinas Valley State Prison - 2 years ago later this month. No counseling was offered. We each had to fill out an application packet. We had to sign a paper committing to our intention to be married. The application process, for us, took several months because the paperwork got hung up - their usual habit for several couples. Once we got on their case, it went quickly. A minister is provided, but we knew a minister who visited regularly & used him. We were not allowed to bring flowers or disposable cameras. My husband brought out some photo ducats but the other inmate guests (best man & cellie) were not allowed in the photos. We had about 7 guests; the room was small. The prison wedding coordinator took care of the license for us. The only cost was for the license. I believe there's an extra cost if you're using the prison-supplied minister but I'm not sure. My husband wore his state clothing. I just wore a nice long dress; nothing very fancy. I was allowed to bring in a wedding band for him & staff filled out a chrono for it. He was allowed to have it that day.

meganrod1
07-08-2004, 09:41 PM
my husband and I got married on April 24, 2004. But the whole process took us about a year. If you are planning on getting married, get a head start. Here are the things you will need to get together. By the way, this info is on a Ca. State prison. High Desert State Prison, Susanville, Ca.:

*Certified copies birth certificates/yours and his. use the state mandated forms from department of health and human services. the original forms i had were from the prison marriage packet, which was out of date. this process could take a while, but you can call the dept. of h & H svcs to check the status.
*$130.00 for the licenses.
* show up in person no later than they day before you wedding date to pay for the license and sign your marriage license.
*dont send in the marraige application until you have EVERYTHING together to complete the packet.

any other paper work and info will be in the marriage packet that you will get from your fiance. make sure you are on top of everything and fill out all the forms right the first time because any thing could delay the process.

the clerk came in about an hour after we had already been visiting. she came and sat with us first to go over the process, let my husband sign his papers, and discuss any questions we had. my husband and i had a little ceremony. it was him and I, the county clerk, and our two witnesses, another inmate and his wife. the ceremony lasted about 15 minutes. the clerk spoke to the both of us, then we recited vows, exchanged rings, then kissed and waited for our witness to sign our license. then we just went back into the visiting room. the co's were pretty cool too that weekend cuz they knew we just got married. any questions? feel free to ask me. i know a lot about calif. prisons from personal experience being by my husbands side.

1sassysistah
07-09-2004, 02:00 PM
I too was married at High Desset State (Country Club) in Susanville. My husband filled out the necessary papers and I was sent a marriage packet. I had my birth certificate and divorce papers. I had to contact his family to get his birth certificate. Now as for his divorce papers that was a chore. I drove to Salinas and filled out the necessary forms to get the divorce papers. And the clerk just assumed that I was the ex-wife. She didn't ask for ID and I volunteered no information.

Now when I sent the marriage packet bak to HD I also had all the necessary forms and documents needed. I then called there and spoke to the marriage cooridnator and explained my situation. I was due to go into the hospital and have surgery. So we requested a date several months down the road. Surprisingly they were very accomodating.

Now on the day before I arrived at the court house in Susanville and filled out the forms and paid our $130 for the licenses.

On the following day the clerk arrived around 9:30 Saturday morning and there were 2 couples to be married. She introduced herself and my husband signed some paperwork. The clerk then performed the ceremony. I had one witness and my husband had 2 witness.

Now in addition to this ceremony -- we were fortunate enough to have another ceremony that afternoon. You see we are Muslims and we had our own Muslim Imam (chaplin) to come in and perform our own private ceremony. My husband and the other man who was married spoke to the guards and explained everything and they were agreeable to everything. Now that really made my day. Then we got cake out of the vending machines and we all had cake to celebrate. And I had bought some many photo ducats, that I actually got tired of having our picture taken. The guards would only allow 4 inmates in a photo at a time. I had copies made and sent them to everyone.
I also requested to have all of my original documents returned to me and the clerk did so after she performed the ceremony.
As for the rings my husband was put in touch with a jeweler who allowed him to make payments on our rings. For his wedding band it is solid silver and it costs more than the alloted $100. So I got the jewelry store to give me a receipt for $100. Inside the rings I had them inscribed. AS far as prison weddings go -- I would say we had a great one. Amazingly the gurads and everyone else in the visitng room were so accomodating.
Now if you have any questions feel free to ask me I am so open and will help in any way I can. Best of luck to you and your man.

Now another thing I did was I sent thank you cards to everyone. I sent one to his counselor, one to the marriage coordinator. one to the Lt. and his staff who sign in and check all the visitors (as I was extremely nervous on that day), I sent one to the clerk who perfomed the first wedding ceremony, one to the Muslim Imam, and to all of the witness and other folks there as well. It is just a added personal touch that I enjoyed doing.

mamawen
07-19-2004, 01:05 PM
I would love some information...Although I am not planning to marry until 2006, I would still like to know what you had to go through.

There's really nothing to do if you aren't getting married soon...I guess your fiance could start gathering paperwork together.

It seems as if each prison has their own rules, etc. For instance, I wasn't even AWARE that you could bring in your own minister. We got married at OF in 02. I didn't know this, but apparently you can bring in your own flowers. I've seen people do it recently.

One thing that stinks, well 2 actually, is that they don't allow confidential marriage licenses to inmates anymore, and that the outmate has to drive to Sacramento to the county clerks office to file the paper work and sign your marriage license. It sucks cuz other people in there are together and you are chillin' by yourself taking an oath. :) If you can, take a g/f with you. It helped me a lot!

Wendy

TIA4TWO
07-19-2004, 02:50 PM
I got married on June 5, 2004 at USP Lompoc. The Feds take their time in doing everything...the process took a few months because your paperwork has to go through his counselor and the warden has to okay it.

1. Did you have any counsling - None
2. How long did the whole process take - About 2-3 months
3. Did you have to find your own minister - No, they a minister that they use.
4. Were you allowed any flowers or disposable camera - No flowers and pictures only if the inmate has picture tickets when he comes into the visiting room.
5. How many guests were allowed to be there - only the people that are approved to visit that inmate. Other inmates are not allowed to witness the ceremony.
6. What was the process to get the marriage license - You have to fill out an information packet sent to you by the Notary who purchases the marriage license.
7. What were the costs you had to pay - $300, this includes the marriage license, the ministers fee, paperwork, etc.
8. What were the two of you allowed to wear - He wore his prison uniform, and I wore what I normally wear for visiting - no wedding dresses.
9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit - Solid wedding band, no diamonds and you were allowed to bring it in with you, no limit on the dollar amount.

Hope that helps...if anyone has any other questions, please let me know. I've been visiting at USP-Lompoc for over a year and probably answer your questions:)

Thanks!

Mrs. Dragon,

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28197[/QUOTE]

itzmydestiny
10-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi, I actually havent got married yet, but I will be soon hopefully if everything goes okay, it will be December 4th, and I will let ya'll know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

California Sunshine
11-15-2004, 08:11 PM
CDC basic guidelines on inmate marriages

3216. Marriages.
(a) Inmate marriages shall be permitted in accordance with the provisions
of law and these regulations.
(b) The inmate’s marriage request shall be processed by the inmate’s
caseworker or other staff person designated by the institution head who
shall provide all necessary information to the office of the county clerk or
clergyperson.
(c) Inmate marriages shall be solemnized at the institution/facility by an
individual authorized to solemnize marriages, as designated in Family
Code Sections 400 and 402.
(d) For the purpose of this section, a chaplain shall mean those persons
defined in section 3000. Institution/facility chaplains may solemnize
inmate marriages. Institution/facility chaplains, if designated, shall be
required to process the request or facilitate a marriage. Institution/facility
chaplains shall establish religious criteria to be met by the inmates and this
criteria shall be provided by the chaplains to their supervisors.
(e) Attendance at a marriage ceremony shall be limited to the bride,
groom, two inmate guests, the official solemnizing the ceremony, and ten
non-inmate guests. Inmate guests may attend only if their Inmate Work
Incentive Program schedules are not interrupted.
NOTE: Authority cited: section 5058, Penal Code. Reference: Sections
2601(f) and 5054, Penal Code; and Sections 300, 350-359, 400-402, and
500, Family Code.

Babygrl
11-30-2004, 12:47 PM

Babygrl
11-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Please help!! My honey is at Centinela State in Imperial ca. He has sent me the paper-work already. I'm waiting for my birth certificate. Can anyone give me more info about getting married @ Centinela State Prison. What to prepare for? How long will it take to get a date and scheduling family visits after the marriage. I would really love for someone to shed some light on this for me!!

Twani

MWilliams2be
12-07-2004, 08:38 PM
I just recieved my papers from my boyfriend in Ironwood Prison here in Calif...can you tell me a few things please..
How does it work?
Did you get to spend time with him after ceremony?
Did you bring anyone with you?
Did you get to bring him clothes to wear?
I'm very nervous!!! please respond please

MWilliams2be
12-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Please help!! My honey is at Centinela State in Imperial ca. He has sent me the paper-work already. I'm waiting for my birth certificate. Can anyone give me more info about getting married @ Centinela State Prison. What to prepare for? How long will it take to get a date and scheduling family visits after the marriage. I would really love for someone to shed some light on this for me!!

Twani
We are in the same boat Babygrl.....i need answers as well...my honey is in Ironwood state prison...does your man have acess to the prison talk

MWilliams2be
12-07-2004, 08:49 PM
my husband and I got married on April 24, 2004. But the whole process took us about a year. If you are planning on getting married, get a head start. Here are the things you will need to get together. By the way, this info is on a Ca. State prison. High Desert State Prison, Susanville, Ca.:

*Certified copies birth certificates/yours and his. use the state mandated forms from department of health and human services. the original forms i had were from the prison marriage packet, which was out of date. this process could take a while, but you can call the dept. of h & H svcs to check the status.
*$130.00 for the licenses.
* show up in person no later than they day before you wedding date to pay for the license and sign your marriage license.
*dont send in the marraige application until you have EVERYTHING together to complete the packet.

any other paper work and info will be in the marriage packet that you will get from your fiance. make sure you are on top of everything and fill out all the forms right the first time because any thing could delay the process.

the clerk came in about an hour after we had already been visiting. she came and sat with us first to go over the process, let my husband sign his papers, and discuss any questions we had. my husband and i had a little ceremony. it was him and I, the county clerk, and our two witnesses, another inmate and his wife. the ceremony lasted about 15 minutes. the clerk spoke to the both of us, then we recited vows, exchanged rings, then kissed and waited for our witness to sign our license. then we just went back into the visiting room. the co's were pretty cool too that weekend cuz they knew we just got married. any questions? feel free to ask me. i know a lot about calif. prisons from personal experience being by my husbands side. So megan you don't get to spend any personal time with one another after ceremony...Ironwood Prison in Blythe says that it is done int he visiting room on a monday and or a friday... when do you get conjugal visits? How long are they for? I have to obtain his birthcertificate as well? Shit how am i gonna do that without his parents finding out? We don't want anyone to know that we are getting married because we are gonna have his grandfather marry us as soon as his gets out... any suggestions

Mrs.L
12-08-2004, 04:50 PM
I do not have any information on the marriage in prison part but you can obtain a copy of your boyfriend/husband-to-be's birth certitficate by writing to the state or county of his birth, order,pay for and obtain one. Depending on where he was born you might need a note from him but he can send that to you. My mother-in-law wanted copies of all of her childrens birth certificates and he just sent her a note stating that he wanted a copy and send it to her address. He was not born in the state of California and his state of birth required his permission to release the record. :thumbsup:

vero
12-29-2004, 08:05 PM
I Got Married At High Desert And I Was Told That If The Inmate Was Or Was Not On Lockdown That It Would Not Matter That We Would Still Have Contact Visit But That Was A Big Lie. On Our Wedding Day My Husband Was On Lockdown So We Got Married Behind Glass. The Guards Spoke To The Warden To Get An Approved Contact Visit Just For That Hour But He Would Not Budge. It Was Okay And We Did Not Have To Pay A Fee We Just Had To Pay For Our Marrige Certificate Which Im Not Sure How Much The Cost For That Was Since It Was 2yrs Ago. The Pasture Also Joined Us In Marrage That Dayso Even Though It Was Behind Glass It Was Okay...happy Day..

27sbb
12-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Our clients utilize marraige by phone in California. Anyone interested can PM me for details.

itzmydestiny
12-31-2004, 01:29 AM
1. Did you have any counsling~ I did but it was by the chapling the day of.
2. How long did the whole process take ~ about 6 months
3. Did you have to find your own minister ~ nope, used their chaplin
4. Were you allowed any flowers or disposable camera ~ I wish, but no
5. How many guests were allowed to be there~ 5 including me
6. What was the process to get the marriage license ~ I had to write the marriage coordinator a notorized letter, stating I was aware of his crimes and his sentence. Send in his divorce papers, all original. Send in both ORINIGAL birth certificates. And wait, and wait, and wait, and wait :rolleyes:
7. What were the costs you had to pay ~ 68 for the license, 40 for the chaplin, and 13 for the marriage certificate8. What were the two of you allowed to wear ~ I actually wore a "real" wedding gown, veil, tiara, shawl.But it had to pass the normal visiting attire rules, ( no short sleeves , tec) He was in his blues :(
9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit ~ I brought in his band

Thanks!

Mrs. Dragon,

Sleepy&Happy
01-10-2005, 05:38 PM
No I have not got married yet but I would love any information that you might have that may help me:confused: We are planning to get married we were suppose to get married in 09/04 but he got looked up in 07/04:cry:

9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit

Thanks!

Mrs. Dragon,

RegisSweetness
01-22-2005, 09:36 PM
If Any One Needs Any Information Im Here To Answer Any Questions. I Have Gone Thru The Process Of Marrying A Man In Prison As We Are About To Take Our Vows In 13 Days!!! So If Anyone Needs Any Information Youre Welcome To Pm Me.

teajai71
01-29-2005, 06:24 PM
We just got married on January 21. I live in Los Angeles and my HUSBAND (I can't believe I can call him that!!) is still in the L.A. County Jail system. He is going to be sent to prison soon and we wanted to be married before he's sent away. We went through a place called Ivy House in Inglewood, CA. We were able to get married over the phone for $395. This number is circulating through the jail. I called on a Monday or Tuesday and scheduled the appointment for Friday. They have a number that the inmate can call collect and the ceremony was performed over speakerphone in the minister's office. My HUSBAND was not able to call at the exact scheduled time and they offered to marry us over a 3-way phone call. I waited and he called and we did it! They gave me some papers to fill out and sign and I took them with me on my Saturday visit for his signature. I returned them to the Ivy House on Monday, January 24 and on Thursday, January 27 I received an unofficial copy of our confidential marriage licence and certificate. We're married!!!

If this information can be of any use, the number is (310) 673-4000.

1. Did you have any counseling? No
2. How long did the whole process take? Less than one week
3. Did you have to find your own minister? No
4. Were you allowed any flowers or disposable camera? N/A
5. How many guests were allowed to be there? N/A
6. What was the process to get the marriage license? Provided in the package
7. What were the costs you had to pay? $395 by phone, $495 in person
8. What were the two of you allowed to wear? N/A
9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit? I haven't gotten that yet but I've heard that his band could not cost more than $100.

GOOD LUCK!!!;)

GardenerDude
02-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Ok, here is a tip. Plan your wedding before he comes home and have it right away. My wife and I got married almost ten years ago at San Quentin. We still haven't had a real wedding. I got home and went straight to work, we both work, and just haven't had the time. (well, we had it we just went to Maui each time we had it!) So do it quick when he gets home. And, for you romantics out there, my wife and I are not wearing our wedding rings right now, because we are renewing our vows in may 05, so we are keeping them off for fun. It will be ten years for us. Three years doing time together, and seven busy years. Good luck to you and your husband.

klovet
03-19-2005, 03:14 PM
1. Did you have any counsling No
2. How long did the whole process take 3 months
3. Did you have to find your own minister no
4. Were you allowed any flowers or disposable camera no took polaroid pics
5. How many guests were allowed to be there uptto 5
6. What was the process to get the marriage license fill out app, and wait to get approval
7. What were the costs you had to pay 183 dollars
8. What were the two of you allowed to wear Anything, but it says regular visiting clothes, but other people had real wedding dresses
9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be
mailed and what was the value limit yes up to no more than 100 dollars

Karla0213
12-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Im interested......send me some info.....

Karla :)

tomslicksgirl
12-23-2005, 05:02 PM
we got married in one of the county jails in san diego. we were already engaged to be married and we knew my husband would be going to prison[we didn't really know for how long] he said it would be better to get married before he got sent to state prison, less hassle, less requirements. he said it would be a lot easier and that by the time he got there our paperwork would already be filed, completed in his folder[file] and that it would be faster and easier for family visits all that then having to wait for approval, a date to get married etc. seems he was right, it was alot less complicated then what i've read here. :)

Iluvboxer
12-27-2005, 09:53 PM
hey everyone i got married at new folsom the prossissing took me 2 months want any info?

dagofem
12-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Has anyone gotten married at New Folsom Prison? How long is the wait for a family visit? If the inmat is a leval 4 does he get a family visit?
thank you.....

Lulu21
12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Does anyone know anything about CIM and weddings?

luckyme1526
12-29-2005, 01:22 AM
How about PVSP?

Rebeca

Sleepy&Happy
12-29-2005, 05:05 PM
I GOT MARRIED IN CENTINELA ANY INFO THAT ANYONE HAS.... I'LL BE MORE THAN "HAPPY" TO ANSWER THEM:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Mrs. Dragon,

bjvbsx2
12-29-2005, 05:22 PM
luckyme1526........I got married at pvsp in 2003, let me know if you need anything or if you have any questions.

Take Care
Amanda

rachelle35
08-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I noticed one post mentioned plain wedding band...does anyone know for sure what type of wedding band california allows. plain, stones or no stones, etc. ?????

denon
08-18-2007, 01:11 PM
No stones... that plain ugly gold/silver band.. you can pick one up at the swapmeet if you desire and save the real one for when he comes home

inhisheart
08-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi, if anyone has info about being married at svsp can you please pm me with the info:D . Also what is a confidential marriage license:confused: ? Dose that mean its not public info? Thanks for any info you can give.
:heart: inhisheart :heart:

MrS. J Williams
08-23-2007, 11:34 AM
I have a close friend who is a photographer and I was curious as to whether or not we were allowed to take our own pictures during the wedding ceremony?? I would like to invite her but I want to make sure its allowed first, any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:)

light at end
08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Sorry but the answer is no. You can not even have a camera on prison grounds

nitesbabigirl
08-23-2007, 10:34 PM
I Got Married At Salinas Valley State Prison

Lorenzoismyman
09-17-2007, 06:15 PM
i got married at Pelican Bay-SHU.....

LHF
09-17-2007, 07:24 PM
has anyone gotten married at Old Folsom?

wishiwasbuffy
09-17-2007, 10:17 PM
I will talk anytime...

wishiwasbuffy
09-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I have some questions... I'm getting married in January. Can you please contact me sometime?
Jodi

MrS. J Williams
09-19-2007, 04:40 PM
:( I FINALLY GOT MY WEDDING PACKET FROM SIERRA CONSERVATION CENTER AND JUST MY LUCK ITS MISSING ATTACHMENT C!!:angry: :angry: ATTACHMENT C IS THE BRIDES CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY. MAN!!! IT SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING ALWAYS HAS TO GO WRONG WITH THIS MARRIAGE PROCESS!!! IF ANYONE STILL HAS A COPY OF THE MARRIAGE PACKET FROM THIS PRISON PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AS TO LET ME KNOW AND MAYBE YOU COULD EITHER FAX OR MAIL IT TO ME!!! IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED IF THIS WAS POSSIBLE! THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!

JERRYSGIRL05
09-19-2007, 04:56 PM
we just got married at wasco and it was wonderful. way better than i expected it to be. we got to have the ceremony outside, privately. the pastor was awesome and did a good job. my man sang to me and said his vows and it was beautiful. i love him soooo much and he showed me sooo much love on our special day just like he always does. the process was very simple. i received the packet, filled it out. there were just a few questions of our info and sent it back with a copy of my id and original birth certificate. the counselor called me to ask me a few questions and then we got our date. the pastor called to verify this was real, our marriage. it took about 3 months to get our date. i can help out with what i know if anyone has any questions. the packet was $5 they took off my mans account.

MrS. J Williams
09-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I Got The Missing Paper I Needed!! My Packet Is On Its Way For Approval!!! :D

Lil2rina
09-24-2007, 06:06 PM
hi im new to this whole site. My boyfriend just got sentenced a long tme in prison & we were thinking about getting married. Id love to talk with anyone & get your opinion & advice on all of that. :) please contact me back....thnx

Boharley
10-17-2007, 12:40 AM
I got married at Central California Womens Facility on 6 July 2007
There is no week-end weddings.
The process takes about 15 minutes They gave us around 30 together
They provided the minister at a cost of $100.00
They obtained the license for us.
The inmate starts the process by getting a wedding packet, There are forms to be filled out, Birth certificates needed, as well as divorce papers if applicable. You must obtain permission from the prison to be married.
She was allowed 2 inmate guests any guests that you bring must be on his visitors list.
I took her a ring value of not more $250.00
I was allowed to take her a wedding outfit, A bouquet of flowers and the ring.
The license cost $ 45.00 and is paid when you send in the wedding packet.
The prison took pictures for us (limit 10 ) $2.00 each
He cannot wear jeans and some dress code applys check with marriage
cordinator.
It was fast, Short and sweet But she was happy. The Leiutenant in charge of ours was a really nice guy. Very helpful and I could tell he was giving us his personal time longer than required.
Hope this is of help to anyone interested.

drenabugg
10-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I got married at Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) in Tracy...YOUR FIANCE MUST BE ON THE MAINLINE...NO RECEPTION CENTER MARRIAGES...if anyone has questions feel free to PM me...

mylifehiswife08
10-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Me and my man are still waiting for the stupid counselor to send him the marriage packet that he requested 3 weeks ago. This whole system stinks!

mylifehiswife08
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Are you allowed to bring clothes for your man to wear when you get married?

NIKKIWHIT70
10-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Are you allowed to bring clothes for your man to wear when you get married?

Sorry but the answer is no. I just got married in July at CSATF.

Waitin4BlueEyes
10-31-2007, 01:05 PM
We were married at SVSP on 10.28.07. Every facility is a bit different, so if you have any questions about SVSP just holla at me!

mylifehiswife08
10-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the info...but damn that sucks! I don't a wedding pic with him wearing his orange clothes...i got enough of those already!

light at end
10-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the info...but damn that sucks! I don't a wedding pic with him wearing his orange clothes...i got enough of those already!

Just be thankful that you get a picture of you and your husband on your wedding day. The prison my husband is at just got approval for a camera so I didn't get pictures of us on our wedding day. I'm thinking about wearing my dress I got married in and get a fake wedding pic.

mylifehiswife08
10-31-2007, 06:45 PM
I know that they allow pictures, but you have to buy them the max is 10 pictures at $2.oo a piece...Damn they really try to scam us!!

light at end
10-31-2007, 08:40 PM
I know they allow them but the prison my husband is at didn't have a camera. I'm so sad I didn't get a pic of me and my husband.

monet420
11-05-2007, 05:30 PM
I was married in Ironwood last year. It tooks us almost a year to get a date. I was able to bring a wedding band (plain) that cost under $100.00 I just bought us silver bands and had them ingraved. It took place on a Tuesday we got to spend about an hour and a half together. The cost was about 120.00 there was no blood work or cousling required just had to fill out the wedding packet.

crow woman
12-15-2007, 10:24 PM
I got married in New Folsom in Feb. 2004, so... almost three years now, still feels like the very first day. It went pretty smooth from the day my hubby asked for the package till we were approved to get married only took two months. In New Folsom it is every 2nd Saturday of the month. He needs approval from his counselor and the warden. You have to get a marriage license. In new Folsom at that time we could take as many pictures as we wanted, we have 18! lucky us! At the time they had very cool visiting officers in the visiting room , one of them even allowed us a little kiss on the photo shhhhh, don't tell anyone! things have tightened up there since last year. Anyway, I was allowed to wear a wedding dress. I made it myself, since my hubby is Native American, I made a white deerskin dress with lots of beadwork and matching moccasins. I was allowed to bring in the rings, no rocks in it! Even if your prison allows a rock in his ring, don't do it. If he gets transferred they can make him send his ring to you if it has a rock, some prisons do not allow inmates to have a rock in the ring. We were allowed to perform a small (adapted) Native Ceremony inclusive a special dance, we married the traditional Native (Apache) way, we tied our know literally with deerskin, and he was allowed to give me a beaded Eagle Feather. After that we had the regular ceremony. You can bring two witnesses and of course some other guests (how many depends on your prison). He can also have two witnesses, from the inside or outside. I have a great memory of our wedding and am as much in love with him as I ever was. I wish you and your baby lots of happiness! Go for it girl!