View Full Version : What am I allowed to bring to PFV???

444life
01-26-2009, 09:11 AM
After waiting almost one full year, we have finally been cleared for a Private family visit with my brother. That is, my 3 year old son and I have-I am curious does anyone know what sort of stuff I'm allowed to bring to stay? Like am I allowed to bring any toys for my son? is there tv, or movies-the prison has been less than helpful answering my questions... So any help at all would be appreciated.
Also, what about my medication? How does it work to bring it?

spacecase77
01-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Whoo Hoo!!!!
Congratulations, that's AWESOME news! Does this mean you got to stay on both visitor lists?
Ok, I don't know where you are and I'm surprised (sort of) the prison didn't provide you a list of info.
What I understand about your medication (unless it's for heart or asthma) is you give it to the front desk and go there to take it as directed.
I believe they usually provide toys, TV, VCR or DVD and movies.
Just like pen packs I think every facility is different so they should provide you with a detailed list.
Let us know, I'm curious if they will allow your son to have comfort items like a toy or blanket.

Jennifer_B
01-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Hey. Im in Ontario but I think this may help a bit. I had my visit two weeks ago with a parole person to start the process. The first thing that happened was I walked in, we shook hands and she imediatley gave me the list of do`s and donts and what I can and cant bring in. I will find the list in the morning and post what is on it if you would like. It should be some what similar to out there. If you have any other questions just ask away :)

User9999
04-19-2009, 02:03 PM
my husband is in minimum security and when my daughter and i went i brought a bin of toys, movies, her blanket and stuffies and even some snacks for her. Not sure about anything above minimum though...

Fancy1
04-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey, my guy is in a medium, and I am a little more restricted as to what can come in with me.
No make up, toys, food, lotions, toothpaste, soap/shampoo. Basically I can take in my clothes, a limited amount of jewellery, tooth brushes, deodorant, hair brush, and not much else.
No worries, if you take something you aren't allowed, they will just make you put it in the locker for the weekend.
Have a great visit!

spacecase77
04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
What about books or hobbies?

Fancy1
05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
In Bowden there are books, puzzles, cards ect in the PFV houses, so you can't take your own in. It may be different elsewhere.