View Full Version : From CFRC Main to CFRC East

Lion's Victory
01-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Today I got an email from Vinelink saying my fiance' was moved from CFRC Main to CFRC East. Does this mean he'll be staying at CFRC East as his permanent facility? Also I've been trying to call his CO to see what is going on because I still haven't gotten any calls:(. If I'm sending a copy of my bill do I send it to the CO or to my fiance' and how do I address it? Also, will his CO be the same? Thanks ladies...I know it's a lot of questions.

boop's mom
01-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Sounds like he may be staying there, but not sure looks like main is over crowded. If he changes facilities he changes CO's so call the number for east and ask for his CO there. How long has he been in, it took 22 days to get 1st phone call. Ididn't have to send in bill.You can always call and ask for the guy in charge of phones too, he can let you know if # has been approved. At main they can't just call anytime, especially if he housed with younger guys.

thingstosay
01-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Hi, I didn't have to send my bill, but he does have to turn in a phone list, here is a phone number of the man in charge of all inmates he makes sure they have the right to use the phone. give him a call & he will tell you what is going on.
Larry Puritin 850-410-4180 HUGS

mvjd428
02-21-2009, 01:15 PM
:confused: OK SO I AM NEW TO THIS SO I HOPE I GET A REPLY :o
SO MY BOYFRIEND WAS SENT FROM COUNTY JAIL TO CFRC-MAIN. AROUND FEB 4TH. SO I SIGNED UP FOR THE VINE PROGRAM. ON THURSDAY I CHECKED THE DOC WEBSITE FOR HIS RECORDS AND ON CUSTODY IT SAID PENDING. YESTERDAY (FRIDAY) I GOT AN EMAIL FROM VINE NOTIFYING ME THAT HE GOT MOVED FROM CFRC MAIN TO CFRC-EAST SO I WENT TO THE DOC WEBSITE AND ON THE CUSTODY IT DOESN'T SAY PENDING ANYMORE. IT SAYS CLOSE. DOES THAT MEAN THAT HE WILL BE THERE PERMANENTLY? IT IS HIS SECOND TIME IN PRISON. I KNOW USUALLY WHEN THEY CHANGE YOUR CUSTODY LEVEL THAT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN MOVED PERMANENTLY. OR AM I WRONG?????

Rhiannon11
02-23-2009, 12:08 PM
My boyfriend was moved from main to east unit too. He's already been there 45 days. His status also says close. I called about his situation and I couldn't get any answers. I couldn't get classification on the phone and that's probably who could give me an answer. I spoke to somebody who says he still might be transferred in the next two weeks, but my boyfriend says everybody who he got there with is already gone. So we think that might be his permanent location. At this point I have no idea. If he does stay there he is only 2 hours away from me which is good. Have you heard anything new. Let me know if you do, please.

21months
02-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Close custody is just the custody level. Most of the time people with this level are lifers or have a long sentence to, or if they've been in a for a little bit and get into a lot of trouble. Also they probably won't stay at Orlando. My man was there for almost 2 months and I've known people who's men were there longer. It just depends on when they get an open bed at the camp that they (doc) wants to send them to, which is usually far away form home. Just be patient because in my opinion, when they're at reception is when things are the hardest.

ben's girl
02-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Custody level is determined by many different factors. One thing not mentioned above is the actual crime that was committed along with prior criminal history and some other things. It's not just lifers and long termers with close custody status. I know of a lifer who is actually at minimum...go figure.

I found this on the DOC website:

How is an inmate's custody grade changed?

As the inmate serves his sentence, he or she will be reevaluated whenever something happens that could change the inmate's custody. These events could be positive or negative. Examples of this would be earning gaintime that reduces time remaining to serve and would tend toward lower custodies, or an inmate receives a disciplinary report for a rule violation that would tend towards higher custodies.
The custody system is paperless and dynamic. Any event that changes the inmate's suggested custody causes an appointment for the inmate's Classification Officer to review the inmate's custody.
Items affecting custody are:

Criminal history and the inmate's history of violent crime.
Time remaining to serve.
Disciplinary reports.
Sex offenses and escapes.
Detainers and alien status.
Good adjustment and program participation.

As an inmate completes more of his or her sentence, the time remaining drops, thus reducing his or her CARS custody score (as long as he or she is behaving or does not have a sex offense, escape or detainer).

Momsneverquit
07-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Does this mean its his permanent camp or still considered a stop over to somewhere else? I really want to visit and hope this means there might be an opportunity soon. Has this happened to anyone else?

Momsneverquit
07-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Today I got an email from Vinelink saying my fiance' was moved from CFRC Main to CFRC East. Does this mean he'll be staying at CFRC East as his permanent facility? Also I've been trying to call his CO to see what is going on because I still haven't gotten any calls:(. If I'm sending a copy of my bill do I send it to the CO or to my fiance' and how do I address it? Also, will his CO be the same? Thanks ladies...I know it's a lot of questions.

Hi, My son just got moved from Main to East this weekend and I am wondering if it will be his permanent camp or stop over. Were you able to find out by calling CO at East. I would be really interested as to what happened with your guys situations. Thanks.

jaded2nite
07-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Hi, My son just got moved from Main to East this weekend and I am wondering if it will be his permanent camp or stop over. Were you able to find out by calling CO at East. I would be really interested as to what happened with your guys situations. Thanks.

My son went from Main to east for about a week and was then transferred to Tomoka as his permanant. I would have perfered Orlando to Daytona Beach,but it is what it is. We have no choice.

I know Orlando is WAY overcrowded so it is unlikely that your son will stay there, but you never know.

My best to you and your family it is a roller coaster ride to say the least.

Dottie

FranksFrackBoy
07-22-2009, 08:49 PM
I believe you are correct and that CFRC East is just a layover on his way to a regular prison facility. He's probably there until the weekday that the bus goes to whatever facility he'll be going. For example, if the bus goes to Marion on Tuesday and he gets to CFRC East on Wednesday, then he has to wait until the next Tuesday to be transported to Marion. I hope that was helpful.

mommadux
06-11-2010, 03:04 AM
As usual I'm probably posting in the wrong place. My son was moved from CFRC main to East yesterday makes me wonder if he's getting close to leaving reception to go to his permanent camp? When I called they said he was moved since he had his medical grade done but that's all she could tell me. I also received my second letter from him:) happy he's writing but still no phone call.I also had his hearing yesterday and his credit from county was given to him just about 7 months and they corrected his charges also, ill be glad when doc receives this info and I'm hoping I will see an earlier release date.he said in his letter they are trying to keep them close to home but what I have read on here they say that and then move them quite a distance away. Seems like doc likes to give them a little hope and then strip it away. He also mentioned he was going to talk to his co about going to school for some reason he thinks most of the educational programs are in region 3, I was wondering if anyone knows if that's correct? I would think they have programs scattered thru out the state. Thanks to everyone!

amickeyfan
06-11-2010, 03:19 PM
If he is at CRFRC, there is a chance he will remain there. When my son was moved, he went from the reception center in Miami (SFRC) to a stop over in Region 2's reception center (RMC) then over to New River O-Unit prison, which was in region 2. I cannot see DOC moving him from one part of the central fl reception to another part of Central Fl's facility if they are going to move him out completely.. I could be wrong though...

wifeofMichael
06-11-2010, 09:11 PM
They do that sometimes though. So unless he says he's at his perm place or you get confirmation from his CO saying it is, good chance he'll be moving.

ben's girl
06-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Yep, just like at RMC they move them from RMC Main to West all the time before moving them on to there perm facility. You just never know where they will end up.

MarGrits
06-01-2011, 08:28 AM
I got my trusty VINE notification that ARG was moved from Main to east? Any ideas why? I thought that he'd move to his home camp…

MarGrits
06-01-2011, 09:24 PM
He's just there temporarily…I was hoping he'd become a perm there! (Atleast for a bit…it's SO MUCH closer to where I'm moving than where I predict he's going) but he said that the east is becoming a JIT camp? Any truth?

Also, I have to ask. With a medium custody level and over 2 years to his current, no gain time release date - he will NOT go straight to a work camp, correct? He seems to think differently, but I thought he needed a lower custody and less time…

ben's girl
06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Work camps and work release are not the same thing. To go to a work camp he can be at medium custody and have several years left to serve. Work release is when they must be at community custody and have a short amount of time left.

Inmates are generally moved within the receptions centers once they have gone through all of their evaluations and are waiting to be moved. The same thing happens at RMC in Region II once they go thru everything. There they move to the West Unit.

MarGrits
06-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Ok. I thought work camps had a two year time frame from there release date, and work release a year. Thanks for clearing that up.

And I guess I'm *starting* to figure out what they do…now he's up north at RMCwest I think it is. The website updated but the VINE hasn't.

Thanks again.

ciinnabun
06-05-2011, 01:20 PM
My boo is in the east unit(permanent) n i think he told me the south unit was where the jits are?? im not sure tho.

amickeyfan
06-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Ok. I thought work camps had a two year time frame from there release date, and work release a year. Thanks for clearing that up.

And I guess I'm *starting* to figure out what they do…now he's up north at RMCwest I think it is. The website updated but the VINE hasn't.

Thanks again.

There are inmates with sentences, that I know of, of 6 & 7 years in a work camp. They are at medium custody. They are not for only 2 years or less. My son went directly into a work camp from reception and he was sentenced to 3 years.

amickeyfan
06-05-2011, 02:28 PM
My boo is in the east unit(permanent) n i think he told me the south unit was where the jits are?? im not sure tho.

are you talking CFRC? According to DOC website, all of CFRC (south & east included) are adult, no perm jits there.... and the same goes for RMC & RMC-W as well.. no perm jits there..

Just t
06-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Hubby is also a perm at east. Not the greatest for him as they offer little but they asked if he wanted to stay and he took it for fear he would be sent far... just Bout an hour from home now.... I can see him every weekend.... worth it :-)

ciinnabun
06-09-2011, 06:18 PM
are you talking CFRC? According to DOC website, all of CFRC (south & east included) are adult, no perm jits there.... and the same goes for RMC & RMC-W as well.. no perm jits there..

im not sure because i remember saying something like that?? he also said that one of the units are going to become private owned???

MarGrits
06-11-2011, 07:48 AM
im not sure because i remember saying something like that?? he also said that one of the units are going to become private owned???

My fiance said he heard the same rumor...that they were turning EAST into a JIT. He didn't stay there he's at New River now.

Just t
06-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Well my Hubby heard the rumor that the two new buildings may be jit from brevard..and or also private. I just learned what jit means too lol. So who knows could be one or the other or both or heck even neither lol.

amickeyfan
06-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Maybe they are going to turn East into Jit since many of the others have closed. It is possible, but as of now, Jit's aren't there on a perm basis.. that was the answer to the question about them being there :) Who knows what will happen and when it will. I can see it happening since they do have to have a facility for them..

~*~His Bella~*~
06-18-2011, 06:28 PM
I got my trusty VINE notification that ARG was moved from Main to east? Any ideas why? I thought that he'd move to his home camp…

Id be interested to know why myself. My bf's former county cellmate ended up becoming permanent at East

Sent from my DROID2 using PrisonTalk

JenMarie614
08-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I have a question...BC was going through CFRC-MAIN for reception for the past two weeks...and now on the DOC website it says he is in CFRC-EAST...does this mean that his "permanent" prison is CFRC-East?!?!?! How do you find out if they are a "perm" at any given facility? Thanks!

ben's girl
08-12-2011, 07:44 PM
They are often moved to the East unit once they have completed all the evaluations. It doesn't mean they are permanent. They could be, but don't bank on it.

JenMarie614
08-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Do you know how to find out if they are permanent or not?

ben's girl
08-13-2011, 09:29 AM
He will know if he's permanent or you could call his CO and ask. He still has time to be moved to another facility because they don't move them immediately after they are finished with classification. Hopefully he'll be calling you soon.

JenMarie614
08-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm not counting on a call anytime soon anymore. He wrote me a letter saying that it could be 3-4 weeks before he can call. I just want him to get to his permanent facility so we can call and visit. It will be just that much easier once he is there.

I'm struggling on the outside both emotionally and financially. I'm still very much irate over this outcome especially since we had a solid case...but I'm not going to get into that. We just have to deal with the ignorance and wrong doings of the justice system and figure out how to get through these next 22 months.

I am disgusted by the FL DOC system and I only hope that he's doing as ok as possible under the circumstances.

I'll call his CO on Monday. What day would they move him if they were planning to? Would his CO know for sure if he's a perm there? How soon can I visit him if he IS a perm there? What happens to all my letters that I sent to CFRC if he gets transferred to another facility? If he only has 22 months would they change his perm facility like they have with other inmates or can we expect him to serve all his time at the first facility he's labeled as a "perm" in?

Thanks.

NAN425
08-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm not counting on a call anytime soon anymore. He wrote me a letter saying that it could be 3-4 weeks before he can call. I just want him to get to his permanent facility so we can call and visit. It will be just that much easier once he is there.

I'm struggling on the outside both emotionally and financially. I'm still very much irate over this outcome especially since we had a solid case...but I'm not going to get into that. We just have to deal with the ignorance and wrong doings of the justice system and figure out how to get through these next 22 months.

I am disgusted by the FL DOC system and I only hope that he's doing as ok as possible under the circumstances.

I'll call his CO on Monday. What day would they move him if they were planning to? Would his CO know for sure if he's a perm there? How soon can I visit him if he IS a perm there? What happens to all my letters that I sent to CFRC if he gets transferred to another facility? If he only has 22 months would they change his perm facility like they have with other inmates or can we expect him to serve all his time at the first facility he's labeled as a "perm" in?

Thanks.

His CO would definitely know if he was permanent. Letters that are sent to a facility that an inmate then gets moved from are forwarded. They can take a bit of time to catch up but they do (I think it took 2-3 weeks for all my husband's mail to catch up to him when he moved 4 times in his first month.)

As for whether you can expect him to stay where he's first labeled permanent...DOC moves inmates where and when they want. NEVER feel committed that he's going to stay anywhere for any given length of time, unless he's in a specific program that lasts a certain amount of time. (And even that isn't a guarantee). They don't tell inmates if and when they are going to move them - out of reception or for a transfer - for security reasons. You just have to wait and see what happens. Sign up for Vinelink so that you'll get notified when he moves.

You can visit as soon as he's at a permanent facility and your viso app is approved. How long that takes varies by facility. Mine was approved in a matter of a few days from being received.

3-4 weeks sounds like a long time for the phones...once he turns his list in, it likely won't be that long. My guy's list was approved in about 10 days. So don't give up hope on talking to him soon!

ben's girl
08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
I agree 3-4 weeks is a long time for phone approval. I'm sure that just a standard answer they are given so people aren't calling up there all the time. It really shouldn't take that long. Give it a week and then call and ask for the phone person so you can make sure they have his phone list.

Mail is forwarded for 30 days from transfer date. Like NAN said, it can take a few weeks for it to catch up to him, tho. Just get another letter out to his new address ASAP. Last time I mailed a letter and Ben moved before he got it, it took 26 days for him to get that piece of mail, which happened to be an anniversary card. :(

As hard as it is, you can't dwell on this time or it will consume you. You have to keep yourself busy to keep your mind off of this. Hopefully once you talk to him it will feel like a weight lifted off your shoulders.

When Ben and I first got back together I felt like his release date was moons away. We're now 1/2 through that time and and on the downhill slope to him coming home even though that is still years away.

PTO is a great place for support! Use it! :grouphug:

amickeyfan
08-14-2011, 01:43 PM
My son is over in East.. he does see inmates shipped out to their perm camp from there, so yes, they do go from there as well.
As far as the phone list.. he has been telling me many of the guys there are having problems with their phone lists not getting processed the way they should and their mail is not getting out or in the way it should. He has had me call several mom's to let them know the status of their son's... since they are not getting any communications in or out.. I don't write to him, he calls me 2-3 times a week. He didn't have to have his list approved since he was a transfer into CFRC from a WRC.. his phone list and vizzo list was approved prior to even going into the WRC.. everything just carried over for him.. and thank God. The way it sounds, this place is backed up on doing what they are supposed to be doing.. and I don't know why.. maybe they have a lot of intake to process.. maybe they are short staffed.. or maybe they just work at a snails pace.. IDK.. :confused:

Lynn76
08-17-2011, 07:15 AM
I started writing to my man 2 weeks ago, the day he arrived at CFRC Main and he has yet to receive one of my letters. Does anyone else have a problem getting their mail delivered? His letters appear to be arriving 2 days after they are mailed to me. Also, The Vine emailed this morning that he had been transferred to CFRC-East. Does this mean that he is at his Perm and I can request visitation?

Thank you for anyone that can provide insight :)

amickeyfan
08-17-2011, 07:17 PM
My son is @ CFRC-E.. he has seen guys leave there to go to perm camps, and he has seen some remain perm.. so being moved there doesn't mean perm or not. As far as the mail, yes they have a major problem there with the mail. I don't know why. All I know is when my son calls me, he has me call other parents for some of the other inmates to let them know that so and so mailed a letter and hasn't gotten one.. then when I tell the parent, I find out that the parent hasn't been getting letters either.... so the mail is screwed up there big time. I don't write my son, he calls 2-3 times a week. He has only been @ that camp since June 17th.. and will be home in Sept.

MissingMyEdward
08-17-2011, 07:42 PM
My mail has taken 2 days to 2 weeks to reach him. And some hasn't reached him at all :mad:

Lynn76
08-18-2011, 07:08 AM
Thank you for the insight. I received 2 letters from him yesterday saying that he finally received mail from me and his family. Thank God! Looks like it takes 8-10 days for him to get mail. About 3 days for letters to reach me. 16 days and still no phone. He hates CFRC, so he doesn't want to stay there permanently.

That's great that your son gets out so soon! My loved one will be out anywhere from May to August. He was facing some serious time, so this is a relief, too :)

krazykat811
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM
what is jit?

ben's girl
09-06-2011, 08:45 PM
"Jits" or "jitterbugs" are slang terms for young inmates.

LadyBlu
11-02-2014, 11:23 AM
My husband and another fellow from Pinellas County Jail were moved to CFRC Main two weeks ago, and then to CFRC East a few days ago. They are both still mid processing, no custody levels yet, and they assume after fully processed, they will be moved out to "permanent" facilities unknown as yet. Neither has been able to make a phone call. I've gotten several letters, but I don't think he's received mine yet. While in CFRC they are not allowed to make calls out from what I understand, till finished processing which is giving me time to get an "approved" phone since per the phone lady (Angela) no calls are allowed to Metro PCS phones, which is what I have. Right now, processing is taking 2 weeks longer than normal from what my hubby says and could take a total of 6 weeks.

beachbabe413
11-08-2014, 05:34 PM
I got home from out of town work on Halloween. I received a letter from my husband 3 days in a room, and now I haven't gotten a letter all week from him...any idea on what the problem could be?!

LadyBlu
11-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Once I started receiving letters from my husband, they came regularly. I have no idea why you wouldn't hear from him for a week. I'm sorry that is happening to you. I would be stressing over that myself, if it happened to me. I do know that my first letters took 8 to 11 days for him to receive, and now he gets them regularly, and I know that what I wrote today he won't see for over a week. I'll be so happy when I finally get a phone call. I surfed the CFRC East site last night to see when he's likely to get classified, and I'm guessing it's still several weeks away based on people that were transferred to East before him who are still not classified. Slow process.