View Full Version : CECC visitation suspended?

MissingMyNick
01-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Hi everyone,
My honey's still in - it's been a month now with no real idea what's going on, the letters he's told his Grandma (who can receive collect calls) he's sent have not arrived.

I just called the jail to find out if he would have visitation priveleges in segregation (since he has other priveleges and isn't there for discipline, but because he needs medication) - and there was the following recorded message:
As of January 15, 2009 at 9:00 am all outside visitations and volunteer assignments are suspended until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience... (etc.)

Does anyone know what's happened? I don't know if any of our guys have priveleges right now, but being 7 hours away I'm least likely to find out that information.

Thanks in advance!
Sherry

xbarbiie
01-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Supposedly there is a recession= shortage of staff= strike = no visitation
No staff= no phone calls= no visits= potentially no letters
Good luck

ChristinaL
01-24-2009, 06:20 PM
They were locked down for shortage of people whom should have been there DOING THIER job!!!!! ...Hi everyone,
My honey's still in - it's been a month now with no real idea what's going on, the letters he's told his Grandma (who can receive collect calls) he's sent have not arrived.

I just called the jail to find out if he would have visitation priveleges in segregation (since he has other priveleges and isn't there for discipline, but because he needs medication) - and there was the following recorded message:
As of January 15, 2009 at 9:00 am all outside visitations and volunteer assignments are suspended until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience... (etc.)

Does anyone know what's happened? I don't know if any of our guys have priveleges right now, but being 7 hours away I'm least likely to find out that information.

Thanks in advance!
Sherry

ChristinaL
01-24-2009, 06:28 PM
a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A MONTH !!!!!!
mine's has been 23 months and counting. ?????

never the less all us girls are here for you. Feel free to email us. We we are hurtin too!!!!
x x xxx

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Sherry

xbarbiie
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM
I got a letter from my ex 2 days ago and surprisingly it was next day delivery when normally it takes 3 days for me to get it. He said they are still on lockdown. Hasn`t called in over 3 weeks. Sit tight.

trixylove14
11-10-2009, 12:33 AM
I think maybe that was during the time they striked because they wanted more pay.

No visitations, no phone calls, no nothing.

CECC is horrible about having the staff actually do their jobs.

deuce23
01-16-2010, 11:09 PM
well its the first Weekend without my Hubby, but nevertheless, he will only have to do the 2/3rds of 168 days.... so not bad I guess.... just still a little in shock with not having him here.
For all the ladies with their men, dads, Bro's in CECC. Seems like everything is in working order with visits.
9-10am and 2-4pm mon-sat.

waitingheart
01-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Its best to call the morning of your visit, that's what I do, and if your going for the first time, call ahead to find out which visiting hours are for your man/loved ones section,

Geespot_01
02-17-2010, 05:52 PM
I find the visits have been going pretty well lately! No lockdowns or nothing for a little while... im keeping my fingers crossed. That month long lockdown was a piss off though thats for DAMN sure! But waitingheart is right...make sure you call before you go because it can change while you're on your way up there. THAT is the biggest piss off of all! Getting up to the jail and knowing your honey is just on the other side of the wall and the bloody place is locked down. Is it just me or does CECC go in lockdown a HELL of a lot more than anywhere else?

deuce23
02-17-2010, 11:11 PM
As for 5 pod, its been off and on for the last couple of weeks. I know that there had been a stabbing in another section of 5. that was was about 2 weeks ago now.