View Full Version : Does anyone have someone at NWFRC Annex?

jillian42
01-16-2009, 01:18 PM
If so, please send me a Private message. thanks..

Ross811
03-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I would PM you, but I really dont have any info. I know the annex is reception for Region I. The main unit is a psych camp. My brother in law is there, but I dont talk to him so I couldnt give you any information.

ben's girl
03-16-2009, 05:52 PM
There are also inmates who reside at the Annex permanently, not just in reception or in transit.

pryncezzashley
03-31-2009, 02:11 AM

I have someone there. Do you know how you would find out if they would be there for awhile or if they will be transferred somewhere else?

corrinas2
03-31-2009, 08:24 PM
if they are in reception there.. it will be awhile proboly depending on who there classification officier is..mine has been there for 50 days as of today

pryncezzashley
03-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Oh okay thanks for the information. Do you know if they get visitation and what times it would be?

if they are in reception there.. it will be awhile proboly depending on who there classification officier is..mine has been there for 50 days as of today

ben's girl
03-31-2009, 10:45 PM
If he is still in reception, he will not be allowed visits. Once he is transferred to his permanent facility you can submit a visitation form for approval in order to visit.

corrinas2
04-03-2009, 10:51 PM
well my emails to his classification officier boss and warden worked Sean was moved today to the Graceville Correctional Facility.. its a private facility and I'm having a hard time getting answers to somequestions and have to start all over on phone lists and visitation....ugh.. but i hope its worth it.. i need to see him soon...

victoria18
04-04-2009, 08:51 PM
My boyfriend has been there for 3 weeks. He cant have visitors but has already been classified and is supposed to be moved soon

crazycasey183
07-14-2009, 12:32 PM
My man is at NWFRC Main unit, but it took a couple of months to get moved from the Annex to the main unit and then he could have visitors.

bovine1952
07-20-2009, 08:39 AM

I don't know how to send a private message. But I have a son at NWFRC.
I am not for sure how much longer he will be there as he just told me he was classified.

Sam'sFamily
08-24-2009, 06:16 PM
My fiance is at NWFRC, he was put in our county jail on July 7, 2009 and transferred to NWFRC August 12, 2009. I'm going absolutely crazy because he and I were together literally every day since the day we met and now I haven't been able to hear from him since the day before his transfer. I know that if he's had the opportunity to call me I would have heard from him but it's going on 3 weeks now. How long is the longest I should expect to wait? I sent him a letter on 8/19 and a mutual friend sent him pre-stamped envelopes to write and he has a little bit of money to buy things off of the canteen. I just want to know what's going on and how long will it be before I hear from him.:confused: I've never been involved with anyone in the system before. Is there anything I can do as far as mailing things or filling out forms to make this happen faster?

ben's girl
08-24-2009, 06:24 PM
He has to submit his phone list (and will only be able to call landlines) and that has to be approved. You might want to go ahead and call Correctional Billing Services to see if you need to setup a prepaid account, 1-800-844-6591. If you do, you can do this over the phone and also go ahead and setup your account so that you can view it online at www.correctionalbillingservices.com (http://www.correctionalbillingservices.com). As far as how long it takes for him to be able to call, it's going to depend on how long it takes the phone person to approve it and get everything entered in the system. You can call and talk with his Classification Officer to see if he's turned in his phone list yet.

Sam'sFamily
08-25-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't have a land line, he was able to call cell phones from county as long as it was pre-paid.

wifeofMichael
08-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Florida prisons do not allow cell phone calls. You have to have a landline. My husband is at the NWFL Reception Center Annex and has been for 27 days. Do you know what dorm he is in? I have been the receptionist making phone calls and getting messages. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

ejordan865
08-26-2009, 07:37 PM
My fiance was there from last wednesday to early this morning...then they transferred him and some others to Wakulla...

Sam'sFamily
08-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies, my mind has been put at ease. I got a letter from him a few days ago, and as soon as I saw it in the mail I got teary-eyed. I was so happy. I understand that they can't call cellphones. It's alright I can live with letters for now. I also got a visitation form!! It was like Christmas lol. As soon as he finds out where he'll be a permanent I'm going to go see him. I love him so much and can't wait to hug him and kiss him again.

wifeofMichael
09-07-2009, 08:47 AM
You might want to try to get one of those magick jack phones. Then he can call.

JennyLynn87
09-23-2009, 07:24 AM
My man just got moved to NWFRC and I'm confused. Why did they move him so far?? I checked the RMC West page and his name wasn't on the list. I freaked out! So I did the offender search, and now he's at the NWFRC??? Ugh. Were they allowed to take all their things like letters, photo albums, stuff he purchases from the canteen while he was on hold at RMC-West??? I hope he'll write me soon. Does anyone know why he might have been transferred far away from me now??? This sucks!!:angry:

ben's girl
09-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Where they are transferred to has to do with where there is a bed available. Many think they try to keep them close to home, but that is just not the case. South and Central FL is heavily populated therefore and it's impossible to keep inmates in that area since more of them are from that area and there are more prisons in North FL aka the panhandle. Unfortunately, a long drive to visit a loved one is not uncommon. :(

lynn56
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
There are also inmates who reside at the Annex permanently, not just in reception or in transit.

Ben's girl, I need your help and anyone that help. This is Lynn 56. I have a brother at Wakulla. our mother in hospital. He knows. There is just me and my sister.Our mother is 86 yrs. . He know about the gallbladder surgery she had. Need to get a message to to him to go to law library and get form and file for emergency release. Was told by a person at Wakulla that's what he needed to do. I lynn56,live alabama. Our sister lives in tennessee where our mother is. Just us three and our mother. Talked to him monday but haven't talk to him since. have been at hospital. Need someone that has a loveone at Wakulla to get word to him to as soon as possible to file this paper. His name is Robert Danny Owens D.C. # is L69098. Was told by person at Wakulla he could file this. Robert's mother going to nursing home for 21 days. That's all medicare will pay.Then she goes home. Need him to come home to help take care of her. Also Relay to him Mother is okay just has to have some rehab. Ben's girl i sent this to you, because i've never posted on here. I read your post all time. If you or anyone out there will help us in anyway we would greatly appreciate it. My email address is (email removed per PTO policy. Please PM member). That way you can email me with info you get. From two sisters that need our brother desperately here. I would great appreciate if you would get this through the forum. He's at the regular prison. Not work camp or annex. Thank you Robert's sister.

wifeofMichael
09-23-2009, 03:15 PM
My man just got moved to NWFRC and I'm confused. Why did they move him so far?? I checked the RMC West page and his name wasn't on the list. I freaked out! So I did the offender search, and now he's at the NWFRC??? Ugh. Were they allowed to take all their things like letters, photo albums, stuff he purchases from the canteen while he was on hold at RMC-West??? I hope he'll write me soon. Does anyone know why he might have been transferred far away from me now??? This sucks!!:angry:

Don't feel bad there is a prison three miles from my house, yet they sent my hubby 139 miles East of here. At least he's still in the panhandle. Is he in the main unit or the annex? Yes, he's able to take his property and if you've got the phone set up already he can make a call to you from there. The DOC does not make it easy on families. I was just reading some new Florida law that went into affect and it appears if my husband had been charged after July 1, 2009 he wouldn't have been sent to prison at all. Sucks. Not even going to tell him about it.

JennyLynn87
09-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Don't feel bad there is a prison three miles from my house, yet they sent my hubby 139 miles East of here. At least he's still in the panhandle. Is he in the main unit or the annex? Yes, he's able to take his property and if you've got the phone set up already he can make a call to you from there. The DOC does not make it easy on families. I was just reading some new Florida law that went into affect and it appears if my husband had been charged after July 1, 2009 he wouldn't have been sent to prison at all. Sucks. Not even going to tell him about it.

Well, when I talked to him tonight, he told me he might be getting moved either north or south of the panhandle. I don't know. I hope they don't move him to far away from me. It's already a 4 hour drive as it is right now. But I really hope he doesn't go to far on the panhandle. I can't wait to go see him though. Me, his mom and his two boys are planning a trip to go see him one weekend when he gets put in his permanent camp.

bedrock
01-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know DAVID GRAHAM he is a inmate at NWFRC

boopsy
01-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Yes my son was recently transfered there. This is not a nice place. I just got some bad news today about my son, and I'm so upset.

boopsy
01-20-2010, 03:55 PM
What is your question about nwfrc?

wifeofMichael
01-20-2010, 06:37 PM
What happened to your son?

boopsy
01-20-2010, 10:26 PM
I can't say anything right now about this ...what I can say is this place is really a bad place......:(

wifeofMichael
01-21-2010, 05:56 AM
I am collecting stories to take to Tallahassee. If you are interested pm me.

boopsy
01-21-2010, 02:09 PM
what kind of stories are you collecting???

wifeofMichael
01-22-2010, 06:39 AM
Stories from families and their experiences in the DOC. Stories of inconsistencies, instances of abuse, problems with visitation, phones, etc.

nightbird
04-13-2010, 12:10 PM
NWFRC is a hell hole....my husband says its the worst place he has ever been!!

Casey's mom
06-27-2010, 09:07 AM
I see that this post is older and I'm just signing in for the 1st time. I hope there aresome more current posts about region 1 in Fl. I'm very concerned for my son. He is just 20. They sentenced him to 18 mths and made him perm at the nwfrc annex. It is HORRIBLE!!! They put him in the "nutrition" program and from what I understand , that just means 2 milks a day , and some of those have been expired. I'm trying to find out if this is a fixed placement or if we can have classification put him in another program. He thought that since he was minimum security he would rather do his time as an adult ,for more freedom(yo ' s usually reside in confinement dorms)but I'm afraid he made the wrong decision. He is now being housed with the 18-20 yr olds , but they go to the rec yard and mess hall with adult lifers!!!! Doesn't make since to me that different custody levels aren't separated.:(

Casey's mom
06-27-2010, 09:31 AM
I can't say anything right now about this ...what I can say is this place is really a bad place......:(

Why aren't there any newer posts? I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. My son i there too and some REALLY bad things go on.......and he's supposed to be min security????

kellyden01
06-27-2010, 09:45 PM
My husband is there permanently. He hates it. The food is terrible, they actually serve bad food that makes people sick. He's trying to get transferred out of there, but from what I understand it is hard to get a transfer once you become a permanent at NWFRC. AWFUL!

Casey's mom
06-29-2010, 08:55 AM
My husband is there permanently. He hates it. The food is terrible, they actually serve bad food that makes people sick. He's trying to get transferred out of there, but from what I understand it is hard to get a transfer once you become a permanent at NWFRC. AWFUL!

I wish someone would try and reach out to my son. He's waaayyy out of his element and lost. Does your husband have a job assignment? Apparently my son will be given a job , maybe that will help.

Casey's mom
06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
My son is still waiting to talk to classification about moving into another program but he has been soundng better this week:o

jdg417
10-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Iknow it is October, but I just found your post tonight. My husband has been there for several months and will be released on May 26, 2011. The abuse there is unbelievable. Please contact me by private message if you are still on PTO. I have contacted several different placed about this and have not choice but to send everything I have to the Feds. Please contact me and let me know if you can help me at all. I will not stop until the abuse stops, and we can get it stopped a lot quicker if we work together as a group. I am willing to go public and hold a press conference. I will even read the letters that my husband has written detailing the cruel and inhumane treatment that many of the inmates are being forced to endure. I hope to hear from you soon.:confused::angry:

Exxtreme
12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Wow! I wonder if these abuses apply to the NWFRC Annex as well. My brother just got moved there and will be putting in for a transfer to Blackwater and/or Graceville, as he's heard these are about the best places in Region I.

sweetbella76
04-06-2011, 08:34 PM
hello i am new to this forum and my fiance was in reception medical center west unit and he was just transferred this morning to NWFRC annex.. is this in the same place or was he moved somewhere else? i do not have a landline yet so i am not able to talk to him so i have to wait on letters from him. he sends me letters and lets me know if he was moved and where to but the waiting is horrible.i believe he will be doing all of his time there and he is under minimum security and will be released September of 2012. if anyone has any information please get back to me. and does anyone know how this place is? i know these are all old posts but i hope someone still goes on here..

PinkkRose
04-06-2011, 10:19 PM
My man was at NWFRC Annex in February 2011. He hasn't said much about conditions there, but he didn't have issues like the older ones listed in this thread or he would have had me call the prison and complain, etc. (I know this because he has had me call about stuff at his perm facility). I do believe he would have said something about the conditions if it was THAT bad.
My guy was there at the annex for 3 weeks, and I've seen others rotate out in as little as 2 weeks even more recently.
Hang in there! PM me if you need to contact me again.

sweetbella76
04-07-2011, 08:32 AM
well my man was transferred from pinellas county jail march 15th and first he was in the area i guess main until he was classified and figured out what his security was going to be then he was moved to the west unit, he was there about 3 weeks and now he was moved as of yesterday to NWFRC ANNEX. Is this the same place just different section or is he in a different building all together? i have no idea. i think he will be doing all of his time at the NWFRC ANNEX. he is going to be released SEPT. of 2012 i wish it was sooner he served 76 days in county jail before he was transferred and he was supposed to be transfered to orlando which would of been closer. im from manatee county and hes from pinellas county.i just hope the place he is at now is ok and hes safe. Thank you for getting back to me. Ive never been through anything like this before and i worry too much and miss him so much :(. just hope the time goes fast.

ben's girl
04-07-2011, 07:47 PM
RMC (Reception and Medical Center) and NWFRC are not the same place. RMC is in Region II and NWFRC is in Region I. Both are reception centers, tho. He could just be at NWFRC as a stopping point on his way to his permanent facility as reception centers are often "drop offs". But there are some inmates who are permanents at the reception centers. Ben stayed a few days at NWFRC the last time he transferred but then moved on. Just watch the DOC website for any changes or you can sign up for Vinelink to be notified via telephone or email when/if he moves. www.vinelink.com (http://www.vinelink.com) Vine doesn't always notify you immediately but it's worked for me most of the time.

sweetbella76
04-08-2011, 06:03 AM
I have been watching DOC for changes and that's how i saw he was at NWFRC and before where it says current custody it said pending and now once he got moved to NWFRC it says minimum so that's why i think maybe he might be doing his time there. Is NWFRC a decent place? he stays to himself and likes to read if there's books and he writes to me he will also be able to work after 90 days i think he told me. So NWFRC is further away then from the place he was at i'm guessing. That really sucks cuz he was so far from me to begin with. I hope this time goes fast. oh and i also signed up already for vinelink but when he got moved to NWFRC i didn't get notified. I wish he would come closer home but ill just have to pray on it and hope it all goes fast. If you have any infomation on this place can you please let me know about it.. Thank you

Illuminati
04-09-2011, 01:19 PM
even tho they classified him, NWFRC could still be a drop off

they do this...

if they give him a job then he is most likely a permanent.

NWFRC isn't that bad. well I only know a little about the main unit, but I haven't heard anything bad about the annex.

it sounds like a drop off though.

-edit- NWFRC is around Tallahassee

sweetbella76
04-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Thank you everyone for getting back to me. yes he told me that he will be able to work after 90 days. i really wish this was just a stop over before he goes somewhere else and i wish he was coming more closer to home but doesnt look like he is. i do hope this place is ok and hes safe. i do not have a landline yet but are they aloud to make calls and write letters?

Illuminati
04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
if he was gonna be at a prison near you then he would go to THAT regions reception center.

ChrisWifey
04-12-2011, 08:26 PM
even tho they classified him, NWFRC could still be a drop off

they do this...

if they give him a job then he is most likely a permanent.

NWFRC isn't that bad. well I only know a little about the main unit, but I haven't heard anything bad about the annex.

it sounds like a drop off though.

-edit- NWFRC is around Tallahassee

This is actually not a very great place to be. My fiance is there now and this isn't his 1st bid. He has been many places through out Florida and he says that this has to be the WORST yet. He is permanent as they gave him a job in the kitchen, I think mainly because of his medical grade and psych level. And of course it would be to easy on them and us if they were closer to home. That is a 4 hour trip there for me to visit. I got a letter today that within 15 seconds there were 3 different fights in the kitchen when he was working. Not that this isn't a little common in a prison, but I have heard many stories that I do not like.

24chesney
06-20-2012, 02:49 AM
well my man was transferred from pinellas county jail march 15th and first he was in the area i guess main until he was classified and figured out what his security was going to be then he was moved to the west unit, he was there about 3 weeks and now he was moved as of yesterday to NWFRC ANNEX. Is this the same place just different section or is he in a different building all together? i have no idea. i think he will be doing all of his time at the NWFRC ANNEX. he is going to be released SEPT. of 2012 i wish it was sooner he served 76 days in county jail before he was transferred and he was supposed to be transfered to orlando which would of been closer. im from manatee county and hes from pinellas county.i just hope the place he is at now is ok and hes safe. Thank you for getting back to me. Ive never been through anything like this before and i worry too much and miss him so much :(. just hope the time goes fast.

is he still there?

Loving Mark ALWAYS!

dclgirl
07-31-2012, 09:59 PM
My man just got transferred here. Can anyone tell me about visits and the guards.

24chesney
12-20-2012, 03:43 AM
My husband is permanant at NWFRC main unit.