View Full Version : How long does it take for an inmates phone list to be approved?

crazyk229
01-15-2009, 10:10 AM
My boyfriend just went in yesterday and I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for him to be able to call me. I just set up an account with global tel link (they are a HUGE pain in the ass....literally on hold for an hour!!) He is currently at Corrigan and I'm pretty sure he is going up to Webster today and then (hopefully!) Bergin. I'm also wondering about sending mail- if I send a letter to him at Webster and he has already moved to another place will they forward the mail? I'm kind of doubting they would be that nice but... thought I'd ask. Any information I could get would be so helpful....I'm reallllly new to this and reallllly nervous! Thanks ladies :)

Loty4572
03-28-2009, 08:16 PM
about 30 days sometimes longer

~*HiS WiFeY*~
04-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Well my hubby went to MacDougall April 8th, and my mom went to see him tonight and his list was updated yesterday!!!

katiemeno
04-22-2009, 07:02 AM
They will forward his mail, but I don't know how long it will be till he gets it. I think he should be able to call, my boyfriend tried to call right away, but I had a lock on my phone that I had to remove. So it was about 1 week before I heard from him, and 3 weeks till I was approved on his visitors list.

pale
05-10-2009, 07:22 AM
My boyfriend just went in yesterday and I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for him to be able to call me. I just set up an account with global tel link (they are a HUGE pain in the ass....literally on hold for an hour!!) He is currently at Corrigan and I'm pretty sure he is going up to Webster today and then (hopefully!) Bergin. I'm also wondering about sending mail- if I send a letter to him at Webster and he has already moved to another place will they forward the mail? I'm kind of doubting they would be that nice but... thought I'd ask. Any information I could get would be so helpful....I'm reallllly new to this and reallllly nervous! Thanks ladies :)
When you first go in, your phone list is processed right away, a few days at the most. After that, it takes 30 to 45 days to update your list through your counselor.