View Full Version : Heart-filled letters from him: Cheesy or Romantic?

His_Moll
01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi ladies
My man loves drawing hearts all over the letters and putting our names in one big heart and writing love forever, etc... Don't know why but when I see it I always feel myself blush like a teenager!!! My God I am over 30 and he is in his early 40s, and we were together before he went in (so it is not like he is trying to get some when he gets out). :rolleyes:

Is this cheesy or romantic??? Do you all blush too?

Told this to a friend and she twisted it and made it look like he was being childish or something (hater)

far_away
01-03-2009, 07:06 PM
I love when I get letters with hearts in them. I think it's romantic!! When I see the big heart at the end of the letter that has our names in it it always makes me swoon!I've also gotten him to start drawing smiley faces in his letters... he actually thanked me for that. :)

As for your "hater" friend... I think she's just jealous! ;)

Random_1
01-03-2009, 07:12 PM
My guy did something silly once, he wrote a full page, front and back of "I Love You" with his left hand. He is right handed. WTH? I voted for cheesy since my guy is a bit cheesy too.

MZKELLOGS
01-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Nothing wrong with hearts, im a silly romantic so i love em, although when it was his bday and i sent him 30 bday cards i decorated them all in hearts and stuff, i felt like i was returning to my youth, its all good tho! Bring on the hearts!

Armygirl8287
01-04-2009, 06:06 AM
All my letters have hearts and our initials that say forever on them! I love it! It makes me smile so much, my face starts to hurt!..lol He always knows how to melt my heart! and he always uses the color purple, becausee its my favorite color! Its the simple things that mean so much to me!!

BlueEyedEllie
01-04-2009, 06:09 AM
oh, he's romantic alright and i love it. only thing that bugs me is when something he could write in one or two pages he drags out to 10-15 pages. so sometimes things end up sounding a lil redundant. but that's ok.

Vicki-STE
01-04-2009, 11:46 AM
HEY!

We don't get to wake up with them every morning. We have to scrape the ice off the car at 6 in the morning..we have to go without any lovin at night. I say we deserve cheesy and romantic..drawings..and sweet loving words. We gotta get something out of this :cool:
I want to jump up and down when I open my mailbox and there is a evelope with beautiful drawing on it.
John sent me a home made card for New Years..with a poem he wrote himself..

For us to be together
Girl I know it's a must
We will have faith in one another
In God we must trust

I think I got a cavity from reading that! But I will take it..It made my day!!

coolbeanz1916
01-04-2009, 11:56 AM
i love his letters. they are so romantic. they brighten my day everytime i read them

Greek_Koukla
01-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Joseph draws 69 hearts in every letter - once I drew 68 and the next letter I got back from him he made a comment lol.

I think its romantic - he's adorable.

Alex's Princess
01-05-2009, 02:06 AM
awww my honey is very romantic too. (and cheesy)

He always sends beautiful letters but sometimes he sends the cutest things or writes the silliest things that are too cute. :)

He knows I love Pirates of the Carribean. So one time he drew himself as a pirate standing on an island with his foot on top of a opened treasure box.
Inside it was such a pretty heart that had our names on it.
He wrote at the bottom of the picture "aaaarrrrrrgh! our love is treasure baby aarrrrrgh! " LOL It was cute, yet cheesy and I loved it. :D

jessica+todd
01-05-2009, 02:13 AM
OMG my man does the same thing i think it is there way of being romantic! they cant hug us and kiss us all the time, so they try and show there affection in drawings and i feel the same way when i get a letter the has a heart on it and it says jessica kay and todd lee together forever it makes me feel all good inside!

BlueEyedEllie
01-05-2009, 11:46 AM
awww my honey is very romantic too. (and cheesy)

He always sends beautiful letters but sometimes he sends the cutest things or writes the silliest things that are too cute. :)

He knows I love Pirates of the Carribean. So one time he drew himself as a pirate standing on an island with his foot on top of a opened treasure box.
Inside it was such a pretty heart that had our names on it.
He wrote at the bottom of the picture "aaaarrrrrrgh! our love is treasure baby aarrrrrgh! " LOL It was cute, yet cheesy and I loved it. :D
you wanna talk about cheesy, well, the pic of marc holding his arms out in the "missing my inmate" pic, he did that because he said he wanted his pic taken holding a pic of me and they wouldn't let him, so he set it on a table and in that pic of him holding his arms out he said he was looking at my pic just wishing i'd come over and give him a big hug and kiss. now THAT'S cheesy but you know what?? it really made me smile!! i really liked it!!!

Alex's Princess
01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
you wanna talk about cheesy, well, the pic of marc holding his arms out in the "missing my inmate" pic, he did that because he said he wanted his pic taken holding a pic of me and they wouldn't let him, so he set it on a table and in that pic of him holding his arms out he said he was looking at my pic just wishing i'd come over and give him a big hug and kiss. now THAT'S cheesy but you know what?? it really made me smile!! i really liked it!!!

OMG that's too cute!!! Hahaha!! They are so funny huh?:D

When the State fair was here I sent him some ride tickets and told him "don't worry baby, hold on to them, we will use them next year." :)

LOL he just sent them back for New Years (I totally had forgotten I sent them, it was months ago!) he wrote on the back "You better believe it will be GOOD FOR 1 RIDE baby!" and he rather "me " save them to use them all at once May 27th (when he gets out). :rolleyes: :D
Hahahaha!! God he's such a guy!:D:D:D:D

BlueEyedEllie
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
OMG that's too cute!!! Hahaha!! They are so funny huh?:D

When the State fair was here I sent him some ride tickets and told him "don't worry baby, hold on to them, we will use them next year." :)

LOL he just sent them back for New Years (I totally had forgotten I sent them, it was months ago!) he wrote on the back "You better believe it will be GOOD FOR 1 RIDE baby!" and he rather "me " save them to use them all at once May 27th (when he gets out). :rolleyes: :D
Hahahaha!! God he's such a guy!:D:D:D:D
awwww, that's really sweet too!!

His_Moll
01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Wow ladies that is so cool what your men do!!:thumbsup:
Thanks for responding because I lost my complex about him acting like a teenager :blush:

I mean I had that one friend saying that if he is doing all that kid stuff it means he is still a kid and when he comes out you need to watch out. I was getting so worried. Mind you this friend is in her early 40s and never been married nor do I know of any long-term boyfriends from her. :rolleyes:

LadyKisses
01-06-2009, 10:36 PM
My baby does that I think it is romantic and cute... I voted for romantic cause my man is straight up romantic he even draws on the front of the envlopes always something to make me smile and blush...Like he said it makes the soul feel good and I do the same but I sure ant no artist but I do my best he says it makes him feel loved and like he was in highschool!

tibs
01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
I really like this post... I have never thought of myself or my man as romantic... always thought that all that mush was a little cheesy... but we are growing and learning and becoming the cheesiest of cheesy... we are the one's we used to poke fun at...lol... oh how it hurt to vote romantic... but it is what it is...lol

ant's wife
01-09-2009, 05:55 PM
i love my man but when he really sits down and tries to write a romantic letter it's cheesy but if he's just writing a letter and puts something down randomly in the middle of his letter it's more romantic

Budgie
01-10-2009, 03:31 AM
actually i love everything that makes his letters special... lil drawings, smilies and all stuff. and hearts... well, i voted for romantiv since i like that and we both are romantics :) and maybe cheesy isn't always bad, is it? as long we enjoy it everything's great whatever others may say... :)

Angelsdelight
01-10-2009, 06:00 AM
I think its really sweet, Its stuff they wouldn't ordinarily do !

I constantly feel like a lovestruck teenager with the things he does & says, showering me with compliments, sending me presents It definitely is not childish stuff ! So :blah: to your friend lol

Fullofluv1982
01-11-2009, 04:06 PM
He communicates very well through the mail. I wouldn't trade his heart felt letters for the world!

KCRgirl1031
01-11-2009, 08:29 PM
ROMANTIC!!!....i'm crying like a baby EVERY letter i get from baby.

Imdone1212
01-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Aw I love it when my baby draws little hearts with our names in it I think its the cutest thing. Sigh I love my man! Lol one cute thing that he also does is ask me questions and then writes check box for yes or check box for no. it reminds me of being a kid I laugh every time he does it!! I have a big Kool-aid smile right now just thinking about it.

soinlove07
02-06-2009, 10:37 PM
My man doesnt draw hearts on his letters but he pours his heart out in his letters. i love how he is manly enough to be mushy mushy.

tnm8
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Lol well in some of my letters I would draw a heart at the end and then sign my name. His attempts at drawing hearts are the cutest! It just makes me smile.

Elijah's Love
02-07-2009, 06:41 AM
I voted romantic ... Mine draw's hearts on occassion but usually he'll write something like "Elijah is the most lucky SOB in the world for having the most beautiful "baby momma"/future wife, forever love Casey" (that's off the last letter) and every time I get to that part Im just like awwwwww even if I'm mad at him lol

rosfriend
02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
He's not my man, but he sends me the nicest stuff.
I didn't vote because I don't see it as cheesy, or romantic. There's nothing 'romance' between us, so I can't vote that way, and I don't see him putting so much effort into writing and drawing as 'cheesy' no matter what it is.
I just got a card from him today...no letter to explain why, it's not a valentines thing either, so I'm not real sure why he sent it, all I know is that he sparks a lot of emotion in me, so I cried like a little kid.
(I'm too old for this stuff!)
I'm glad I'm pretty much anon here, or I would have never admitted that it effects me that way. :) Not much of an outwardly emotional kind of person.
So, not 'romantic', not 'cheesy', I'd vote for 'heartwarming' or 'sweet' if they were options.
HAGD all

his_forever
02-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Oh, definitely romantic!!! I don't really see it as childish. My guy has been in since he was 16 so maybe there is a part of him that never really has grown up... and I LOVE that part!!:) The silly guy can't draw very well, but he knows I really love the little pictures he draws --- especially us as stick figures!!! For Vday last year he drew us and it was just SO cute I took a pic on my cell phone so I could use it as my background!:)

Lion's Victory
02-10-2009, 10:53 AM
It's a cheesy romantic and I love it because I'm a hopeless romantic!

canthelpbutwait
02-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I like letters like that- the only time I think itd be cheesy was if they was usin lines like baby heaven must be missen an angel cuz i got you here

LOL

tell your friend i said HI HATER

Davids wife
02-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Nothing cheesy, romantic or sexy from him, barely a paragraph, mine are jsut day to day living updates.

J&D7
03-01-2009, 03:41 PM
We're both cheesy as hell normally so our letters are no different lol!
But I love his letters whether they're corny and cheesy (not that they're all that bad) or sweet or romantic or hearfelt or honest or whatever. I'm just grateful that he opens up to me.

03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I vote for romantic :) i just think it's so cute.. and my man has a little thug in him, so its cute when he's romantic and draws stuff, and is super sweet :)