View Full Version : Conjugal visits in NY

YQueen80
12-18-2003, 12:47 PM
This is my first visit to this site and I have a few questions. Can anyone please tell me the prisons that do not allow conjugal visits in NY? Second, is it true that inmates with certain charges cannot have conjugal visits? I would really appreciate a response. Thank you so much!

caprione
12-18-2003, 02:31 PM
Welcome!!

It would probably be easier to list the facilities that DO allow visits..smiles As far as I know, there are not many that do. Collins Correctional does..I think a couple others but I don't know which ones. I know Wyoming CF and Gowanda CF do not allow conjugals.

I haven't seen the laws but I have read (on various PTO threads)) that some offenses are not eligible for conjugal visits (Family Reunion Program).. someone will have more concrete info for you i am sure.
Caprione

trescheek
12-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey Welcome! You can check out a thread in the NY forum called "trailer visits" ... if you do a search (upper right hand corner of the screen) you should find it no problem. I don't know if yr second question regarding certain charges being eligible for the Family Reunion Program (FRP) is answered in that thread tho' ... no one seems to be able to answer that one definitively ... again welcome to PTO!

~alyson

kdiamondz
12-18-2003, 03:59 PM
Most max's have FRP's, most mediums do not. Exceptions are Collins, Fishkill and maybe a few others.

Certain crimes make it hard to meet the criteria for being accepted in the FRP 'program". However, often certain programs can be completed and then approval may be granted.

First and foremost you must be LEGALLY married.