View Full Version : 2009 Lockdown Discussion Thread

PTO-110524
12-31-2008, 02:11 PM
Please use this thread to
ask questions or discuss current lockdown issues,
such as...
phone calls or the lack there of, slow mail, slow packages, etc.
:thumbsup:

meximami707
01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
R THEy on lockdown rite now?
i havnt gotten a call in HELLA DEEP NOW

greeneyedlady19
01-04-2009, 02:18 AM
i have not heard of solano being on lockdown right now. atleast not the yard my husband is on.

meximami707
01-04-2009, 07:09 PM
my bf is in yard 2 build 12..
i called the visiting hot line thingy and it said no visits for southern hispanics... he hasnt called SO I FIGURE THEY MUST B ON LOCKDOWN (dont qoute me on that tho)
does n e 1 have more info! YESTErday was my bday and i was gonna visit and i called and they couldnt get visits!:(:rolleyes::(figuresi have not heard of solano being on lockdown right now. atleast not the yard my husband is on.

littlemama143
02-04-2009, 10:51 AM
I heard that Solano is on Lockdown is this true???? Are there visits this weekend??????? :(

LovingGLJ
02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Ok you guys they are on modified and it may turn into a serious lockdwon for a long period of time.They will b doing a BIG search also!

scca
02-04-2009, 01:31 PM
I am assuming this will affect Family Visits? :(

Ok you guys they are on modified and it may turn into a serious lockdwon for a long period of time.They will b doing a BIG search also!

LovingGLJ
02-04-2009, 01:41 PM
wish I knew anything about family visiting! You are so lucky.....

littlemama143
02-04-2009, 01:49 PM
wish I knew anything about family visiting! You are so lucky.....

Will affect releases????????:blah:

LovingGLJ
02-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Wish I knew about a release also......I hope it doesnt affect your man comming home!

PTO-110524
02-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Lockdowns do not affect releases, but they often do affect FV's. Word is a zip gun and ammo were found, so the whole prison is down and searches will be conducted. No word yet on visiting.

Just in time for them to take your visits on Valentine's Day. :mad: I hope that doesn't happen and that visits aren't affected. :(

littlemama143
02-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Lockdowns do not affect releases, but they often do affect FV's. Word is a zip gun and ammo were found, so the whole prison is down and searches will be conducted. No word yet on visiting.

Just in time for them to take your visits on Valentine's Day. :mad: I hope that doesn't happen and that visits aren't affected. :(

Damn I heard it's suppose to last two weeks!!!! Great just in time for V-day!!! :angry:

PTO-110524
02-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Damn I heard it's suppose to last two weeks!!!! Great just in time for V-day!!! :angry:

Yeah, this is all rumor at this point. Until we can get to Lt. Wamble it's all conjuncture. If the entire prison is down and if the entire prison has to be searched there is no way that can get done in 2 weeks.

So, my guess is it's either one side or the other. ;) We just have to wait to hear.

LovingGLJ
02-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Thank you for the info. Do you know how long it will take to get the correct info?

PTO-110524
02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Someone from the IFC has a call into Lt Wamble, so hopefully he will respond soon.

There seems to be conflicting info coming out, but calls are coming out from both buildings 19 and 20 both stating they are on lockdown but the day rooms are opened for calls. ???

Just have to wait for more info.

PTO-110524
02-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Good news. Lt Wamble states that the prison WAS on modified program earlier today (no reason was given) but that they are back up and programming normally, so as of now the visiting should be fine.

Continue to monitor the hotline however!!

scca
02-18-2009, 09:17 AM
lockdown again?????

littlemama143
02-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Huh???? Where did you hear that from?

lockdown again?????

LovingGLJ
02-18-2009, 10:06 AM
are they on lockdown? I hear they are...whats going on????

Caresgirl
02-18-2009, 10:17 AM

:confused: I am curios to know whats going on?? I just called the Lockdown number and they are not reporting any lockdown on there. The last update was from last Wednesday the 11th. If anyone has heard anything about a Lockdown can you please post it here.
Thank You

littlemama143
02-18-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm hearing something about a zip gun!! Wasn't this the reason for the last lockdown scare? :mad:

LovingGLJ
02-18-2009, 10:25 AM
The zip gun was "yes" the scare for last week and they were put on modified...So now they are really on lock down and it dont seem like just a scare! DARN................. :(

This sucks..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Caresgirl
02-18-2009, 10:49 AM
The zip gun was "yes" the scare for last week and they were put on modified...So now they are really on lock down and it dont seem like just a scare! DARN................. :(

This sucks..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Do you know what yards are on lockdown?

LovingGLJ
02-18-2009, 10:57 AM
yard 4, I think?I am not sure.....

LovingGLJ
02-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Ok you all its a serious search this time and YES they are on lockdown!

littlemama143
02-18-2009, 11:17 AM
The entire prison or just yard 4?

Ok you all its a serious search this time and YES they are on lockdown!

LovingGLJ
02-18-2009, 11:25 AM
dont know.....

PTO-110524
02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Where are you gals getting this information? If it's from inmates on a yard not locked down, that info usually ends up being wrong.

Has anyone CALLED the prison? Anyone spoken with Wamble? :confused::confused::confused:

PTO-110524
02-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Posted on another online board.....

Yes, the institution is currently on a Modified Program; the situation is still evolving at this point, and no final determination on the extent to which the situation will effect programming for the institution through the end of the week has been made. I believe, at this point, the potential that visiting will be effected is high, but as I said, no final determination has been made.

Lt. Tim Wamble
AA/PIO
California State Prison - Solano

AllyM
02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
What I heard.. yard 4 bldg 23 someone dropped a kite in the mail box... zip gun and bullets - AGAIN?!@#!!!??!!@#. He believes that bldg 21 will be searched soon. They are on total lockdown, day room, no showers, nothing... he was shocked the phones were on (someone up there must love us). He also complained that his coffee tasted like dirt this morning. I'm thinking with all this rain there is a broken water pipe and dirt is seeping in. Just my :twocents:. I have had enough bummer things happen this week... grrrrrr I don't need one more!:(

meximami707
02-18-2009, 04:56 PM
So jus yard 4 then?.. Dayum all confused lolwhat i heard.. Yard 4 bldg 23 someone dropped a kite in the mail box... Zip gun and bullets - again?!@#!!!??!!@#. He believes that bldg 21 will be searched soon. They are on total lockdown, day room, no showers, nothing... He was shocked the phones were on (someone up there must love us). He also complained that his coffee tasted like dirt this morning. I'm thinking with all this rain there is a broken water pipe and dirt is seeping in. Just my :twocents:. I have had enough bummer things happen this week... Grrrrrr i don't need one more!:(

Tricksie2645
02-18-2009, 08:24 PM
My son is on yard 3.
1. He said that they were told by the sargeant today that they will be on modified program until March. He said it was the mysterious zip gun again. Nothing was said about visiting, though.
2. The sarge said they were trucking water in from the city, but my son said it tastes like sewer water.
3. They have changed the counselors for yard three for the 3rd time in two months.
What's going on down there?

littlemama143
02-19-2009, 12:34 PM
has anyone heard if there will be visiting this weekend????? The recording hasn't been updated

My son is on yard 3.
1. He said that they were told by the sargeant today that they will be on modified program until March. He said it was the mysterious zip gun again. Nothing was said about visiting, though.
2. The sarge said they were trucking water in from the city, but my son said it tastes like sewer water.
3. They have changed the counselors for yard three for the 3rd time in two months.
What's going on down there?

LovingGLJ
02-19-2009, 01:09 PM
It has been updated! visting for all 4 yards!

Tricksie2645
02-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Woo Hoo! Sounds like the new warden isn't up for the games they have been in the habit of playing.

hopeful19
04-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know if there are any lockdowns going on right now ?

LovingGLJ
04-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I just called and the lady (wow she sounds so sick....) SAID There are NO LOCKDOWNS!

hopeful19
04-09-2009, 11:14 AM
thank so for that .

but.... it makes me sad because my bf hasnt written to me since he got transferred to be mainlined here and he called his moms cell phone 2 weekends ago but he hasnt written back to me after 2 letters from me and his mom i wonder what could be going wrong i pray everything is okay

PTO-110524
04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
thank so for that .

but.... it makes me sad because my bf hasnt written to me since he got transferred to be mainlined here and he called his moms cell phone 2 weekends ago but he hasnt written back to me after 2 letters from me and his mom i wonder what could be going wrong i pray everything is okay

Does he have writing supplies? Have you sent him any? Maybe he just needs stamps and stuff. ???

I hope you hear from him soon.

hopeful19
04-09-2009, 12:36 PM
o wow you know i never thought about that that might be it but even before whe we never sent him any writting supply he always sent letters im so concerned that anything pops in my head but i just have to be patient hell be out soon!!!

Tricksie2645
04-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Another thing to consider is that mail was really slow there for a while. My son got out a month ago, so don't know that it is still, but my letters were taking over a month to get to him. He may not have received your letters yet.

hopeful19
04-10-2009, 09:15 AM
YEAH THANKS so much it gives a sort of relief to think maybe its just that.

i found out from my mother in law that he lied to me about his release date....:( because i would insist he let me know so he told me JULY 20 but i talked to his grandmother and she said he told her the first week of JUNE although its way closer it still confuses me and i dont want to set my self up for a date and not be it and have to wait longer eighter way im still excited its going by so quickly :o

scca
04-14-2009, 02:02 AM
Mail is taking forever.....it seems like bigger envelopes and postcards are the quickest.

YEAH THANKS so much it gives a sort of relief to think maybe its just that.

i found out from my mother in law that he lied to me about his release date....:( because i would insist he let me know so he told me JULY 20 but i talked to his grandmother and she said he told her the first week of JUNE although its way closer it still confuses me and i dont want to set my self up for a date and not be it and have to wait longer eighter way im still excited its going by so quickly :o

AllyM
04-22-2009, 07:23 AM
My love got a ducket for TB test again. If just one comes up positive they are likely to lockdown the specific yard and/or the entire prison:eek:.

Please be sure to call the hot line before traveling to visit! It's usually updated on Thursday or Friday morning.

Visiting Hotline = (800) 374-8474 (extension 1,2,3)

Blessings, Ally

DeeNGee
06-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Im losing my mind here with this lockdown.... I miss him so much!

wendy tyler
06-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Im losing my mind here with this lockdown.... I miss him so much!

My son mentioned the lockdown yesterday. What's that about? Sorry you are missing visits with your fella'.:(

AllyM
06-26-2009, 01:47 PM
My son mentioned the lockdown yesterday. What's that about? Sorry you are missing visits with your fella'.:(
The scuttlebutt is there were weapon(s) (a knife or knives) found somewhere on 1 &/or 2 yards and evidently it is connected to the Blacks & N. Hispanics. Not sure how come both yards are affected but it's also affecting yards 3 & 4 because they don't have enough guards to go around and the guys on the level 2 side are suffering as well. They haven't been kept from visiting but my guys on 4 and said yesterday they've been down for a few days now.

Like I said it's just the scuttlebutt.... totally classified as rumor.

Blessings, Ally

AllyM
06-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm sorry to have to report more "not so good" scuttlebutt! When I talked to my guy this afternoon he said he heard that they are only 1/2 done searching one of the two yards. They had to pull staff from his yard (which is on lockdown again today) to take the in-mates on yards 1&2 their dinners.

Again... just rumor!

Blessings, Ally

WaitN4sunshine
06-26-2009, 09:00 PM
I’m about to go CRAZY….. haven’t heard from him in a week…
My mind is all over the place…. I hope everything is okay with him L

Holliday
06-26-2009, 10:10 PM
The scuttlebutt is there were weapon(s) (a knife or knives) found somewhere on 1 &/or 2 yards and evidently it is connected to the Blacks & N. Hispanics. Not sure how come both yards are affected but it's also affecting yards 3 & 4 because they don't have enough guards to go around and the guys on the level 2 side are suffering as well. They haven't been kept from visiting but my guys on 4 and said yesterday they've been down for a few days now.

Like I said it's just the scuttlebutt.... totally classified as rumor.

Blessings, Ally

Like I said I'm very new to this. What is "scuttlebutt?"

Thanks, Holliday

DeeNGee
07-10-2009, 02:58 PM
I just heard that the lockdown will be continuing until next month!!!

2betrue2u
07-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Just a tidbit, they may be off next week!

Holliday
07-12-2009, 10:28 AM
About your "tidbit," I recieved a letter from my bf and he said that rumor has it in jail that they might be off lock down next week also. But then again that's the rumor in jail, you know what I mean. Expect the worst and hope for the best right? Boy do I hope the rumor turns into reality!

scca
07-12-2009, 06:12 PM
My husband is on the level 2 side and has been working in the kitchen on the level 3 side because of the lockdown. His position ended this past Friday, so I would think the inmates are coming off l/d soon....or at least they are allowing critical workers out.

scca
07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Anyone heard about a lockdown for a zip gun?

2betrue2u
07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
For all of you have been praying for the lockdown at Solano that has lasted for the last 4 weeks, VICTORY IS OURS!!!!!!! IT'S OVER!!! effective today, all visits for all yards resume on Saturday July 18th! God Bless You All and Enjoy your visits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

HesMyForever
08-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I came across this news article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090809/ap_on_re_us/us_prison_riot

And it says:

All prisons in Southern California were put on lockdown and visitations have been suspended because of the melee, officials said.

I'm assuming this includes Solano?

WaitN4sunshine
08-10-2009, 08:22 AM
No Only the southern prisons....
from CCI Tehachapi south are on
lockdown due to the Chino riots

LovingGLJ
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Solano is in NORTHERN CALIFORNIA!

HesMyForever
08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Haha! Sowwy...having never been to Cali, I don't know where anything is in Cali. :D *blushing*

DeeNGee
08-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone...

Hopefully its nothing but I was just talking with my man, and he had to go because they were being put on lockdown. He didnt know what happened or have any other details. but he said that everyone were being told to lock it up.

if anyone hears anything else....please share. :confused:

I'mTei's
08-25-2009, 06:34 PM
What yard is your man on?

Hey everyone...

Hopefully its nothing but I was just talking with my man, and he had to go because they were being put on lockdown. He didnt know what happened or have any other details. but he said that everyone were being told to lock it up.

if anyone hears anything else....please share. :confused:

DeeNGee
08-26-2009, 04:54 PM
my man is on Yard 1.

there have been no updates on the hotline...so Im hoping everything is ok.

LovingGLJ
08-26-2009, 05:21 PM
There was a riot....

I'mTei's
08-26-2009, 05:37 PM
My husband is on yard 3 and hasn't heard anything on his side. I hope no one was hurt and everything is ok.

momgnewild
08-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Just checked in and saw that there was a riot? Please tell me it aint true. And that yard 1 is ok. On a better note hows everyone doing? Have a great Blessed Wednesday!

angelbaby73
08-27-2009, 08:37 AM
I received a call from a fellow visitor at CSP Solano and she was told by her man that 21 & 22 are on lockdown until further notice, so anyone who has a loved one in either building should call the visiting hotline prior to visiting this weekend. If anyone hears of any further info as to why they are locked down or how long it may last please update this thread . He didn't want to say over the phone, as they are being recorded.

Thank you!

scca
08-27-2009, 10:18 AM
My husband (22 building) called last night and didnt mention anything about a lockdown or no visits.

I received a call from a fellow visitor at CSP Solano and she was told by her man that 21 & 22 are on lockdown until further notice, so anyone who has a loved one in either building should call the visiting hotline prior to visiting this weekend. If anyone hears of any further info as to why they are locked down or how long it may last please update this thread . He didn't want to say over the phone, as they are being recorded.

Thank you!

angelbaby73
08-27-2009, 10:45 AM
she said that this happenend this morning when she got the call that her husband that is on a different yard said that those two buildings were on lock down. Hopefully this will be lifted by this sat.

scca
08-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Ya I was going to say it must have been this morning. Thanks for the information!

she said that this happenend this morning when she got the call that her husband that is on a different yard said that those two buildings were on lock down. Hopefully this will be lifted by this sat.

I'mTei's
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
yeap, something is most definitely wrong. I usually receive a call like clockwork between 11:00am and 12:00pm. Nothing today! My husband is in building 14 so whatever it is, it must had been serious to trickle from yard 4 to yard 3.

I'mTei's
08-27-2009, 03:35 PM
My husband just called and yard 4 is off of lockdown. He said it was do due to a note again.

love4evermore
08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Does anyone know if there is really a lockdown at the prison and if anyone was hurt in yard 1?

scca
09-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know if the whole prison is on lockdown or just 22 building? I got a call tonight and my husband said they made an announcement that as of 7:30 dayroom was closed due to security lockdown.

MiSsRuIz0228
12-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone... I am new at this... I was just wondering it anyone knows it the entire week is on lock down... I haven't receive a letter in a min... Thanks Miss Ruiz

BABY1N2
12-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Hello everyone... I am new at this... I was just wondering it anyone knows it the entire week is on lock down... I haven't receive a letter in a min... Thanks Miss Ruiz
Mail shouldn't be affected by lockdown, but whites in yard 1 were locked down this weekend.

momgnewild
12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I was told when they are on lockdown mail still happens. my husband is on lockdown this week and I've received 3 letters this week.

sw33tness052709
12-25-2009, 11:12 AM
my boo said they are on lockdown due to riot last night. i believe it is just yard 2 but not for sure.