View Full Version : Looking for West Texas ISF Info

sansabawife
12-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about the ISF unit in West TX (Brownfield)? Like, what the conditions are, anything about visitations? He had $30.00 in his account when he was in the county jail, and then they moved him to this ISF unit and called me to pick up his things. Why didn't they allow him to take his toothbrush, hairbrush, soaps, etc? Is he now going to have to use the money that was in his account to resupply? Can they purchase phone cards there? And (one more question) can anything be sent in to him?
Thank you to any and all that have any answers for me. I am new to all of this and haven't been fortunate enough to get a hold of someone at the West Texas unit willing to answer anything other than to give me the mailing address.:(

ADGJJT
12-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Yes they will transfer his money from county to ISF it just may take a week or so. Unfortunately some counties don't let them take their things with them, my husbands did let him but it just depends on the rules for that County Jail. Yes they can purchase phone cards OR you can call 972-964-7010 (Conversant Technologies) they handle the phone service for the unit and you can set up a pre-paid account for your cell phone or home phone #. Or do it online at cticorrections.com Then all your husband has to do is dial the number you have the pre-paid account for and it will connect him. It's a bit cheaper than buying calling cards. As far as sending anything NO, just the standard letters etc. If they are able to get permission with the Chief's signature you can mail colored pencils and drawing paper but it has to come direct from a large vendor like Office Max etc. But again they MUST get signed approval from the Chief there first. Let me know if you need anything else.

MissyM808
01-16-2009, 01:44 AM
I would also be interested in any info available. My boyfriend was just transferred there this week, also awaiting safp. Any info on visitation would be helpful. Thank U!!