View Full Version : Private run prisons - Who is the phone service provider?

KCFOREVER
12-19-2008, 12:08 PM
can some one give me a list of the private run prisons in Florida---and what phone service do they use

ben's girl
12-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Bay CF - Correctional Billing (listed as Bay Corr. Fac. (CCA))
Moore Haven CF - AmTel
South Bay CF - Infinity Network (I think)
Lake City CF (YO facility) - Customer Service of America
Graceville CF - Correctional Billing (listed as Graceville Correctional Facility - GEO)
Gadsden CF (Female facility) - Correctional Billing / Evercom
Blackwater CF - GlobalTel Link

nick3369
01-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Gadsden I believe is serviced by Evercom.

...Yeah about 99% sure about that.:cool:

Mrsbookie
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
My Hubby is at Graceville and we go through Correctional billing the calls are $1.76

corrinas2
04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
only from gracevill work camp.. not the correctional facilty... i asked today when i called.. hubby was just transfered to the correctional facilty..

ben's girl
04-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Could you please share who the provider for Graceville CF is then? Thanks

nick3369
04-04-2009, 09:15 PM
My gf told me that Gadsden is switching over to whatever service DOC uses...whatever that means!:p I just hope the calls are cheaper!

corrinas2
04-05-2009, 02:52 AM
to tell you the truth.. im not 100% sure.. i called and they said no it isnt CBS.. they didnt know who it was... but ive read on PTO it was so im completely LOST...

Richs_wife
04-08-2009, 11:55 AM
South Bay is definately Infinity networks :(

corrinas2
04-12-2009, 02:18 PM
well i found out the trick for graceville... and i feel like a complete ass.. i hope it hasnt stopped my husband from calling...

Graceville CF does use CBS.. but its listed under GEO Group- Graceville.. the representative really has to look for it..

sorry for the confussion

ben's girl
04-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Here are the facilities again w/ updated info:
Bay CF - Correctional Billing
Moore Haven CF - Infinity Network
Lake City CF (YO facility)
Graceville CF - Correctional Billing
Gadsden CF (Female facility)

If anyone has the information for Gadsden CF or Lake City, please let us know.

nick3369
04-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I'd said that Gadsden CF was Evercom...I found out that this is the parent company of Correctional Billing. So Gadsden must be Correctional Billing.

starbella
09-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Anyone know for Lake City what telephone they use??

mccuneday
09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
they use customer service of america the phone # 1-800-849-6081 and website is www.myphoneaccount.com (http://www.myphoneaccount.com) you have to set up an account then you can log on to fund account there is a 9.95 western union fee online or by phone but is added immediately they also have a mailing add. you can mail a money order it takes about 3-7 days to add funds that way but there is no fee .

ben's girl
09-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Here are the facilities again w/ updated info:
Bay CF - Correctional Billing
Moore Haven CF - Infinity Network
Lake City CF (YO facility) - Customer Service of America
Graceville CF - Correctional Billing
Gadsden CF (Female facility)

All we have left if Gadsden CF so if anyone has that information that would be great. :)

starbella
09-24-2009, 06:03 AM
they use customer service of america the phone # 1-800-849-6081 and website is www.myphoneaccount.com (http://www.myphoneaccount.com) you have to set up an account then you can log on to fund account there is a 9.95 western union fee online or by phone but is added immediately they also have a mailing add. you can mail a money order it takes about 3-7 days to add funds that way but there is no fee .

THank you so much for this information. Also, when I went to the website and it said to choose the facility, the only one I see in lake city is lake city detention...is this the lake city correctional institution?

Again thank you for your help

stella

dlallman
09-25-2009, 04:01 PM
can some one give me a list of the private run prisons in Florida---and what phone service do they use

The private run prisons in florida usually use ATN 1-800-849-6081
There's only one that I know and that is LCCF run by CCF which is a rehabilitation center out of Tennessee, not a nice place been taken over by 2 wardens in the last 5 yrs. Can even youtube videos of guards beating a 15 yr old and putting him to his death. But anytime I lost the number I called the jail direct and the operator can give you that information.

ben's girl
05-16-2010, 05:25 PM
I have updated post #2 with all the current info I have been given about the private facilities. If any of this changes, please let me know so we can keep the information current.

JasonsMomma
01-29-2011, 05:39 PM
I have updated post #2 with all the current info I have been given about the private facilities. If any of this changes, please let me know so we can keep the information current.

Did you add Blackwater? They use GTL which sucks.

ben's girl
02-01-2011, 07:07 PM
I have now. Thanks for the info. :)

kjgroff
02-08-2011, 05:53 AM
can someone update info for Gadsden CF - Please

ben's girl
02-08-2011, 07:01 AM
can someone update info for Gadsden CF - Please

I can if you can tell me what company they use.

mamadukes21
02-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Moore Haven phone service is now run by CSA - their number is 800-849-6031. I sure wish they used CBS, it was so much easier!

Debbie Tierney
10-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Globel Tel is not a user friendly company. You can use a credit card to post money in your account but they charge you a huge fee. You can mail in a certified check to avoid the fee, but you wait weeks for it to be posted. When you don't need the account anymore, they charge you $5.00 to close it and then you have to call several times for the refund. If you don't have activity for 6 months, they close the account and KEEP your money.

Correctional Billing Services (CBS) is by far the better of the two and is cheaper as well.

Always&forever1
11-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Does any body know if privately owned prisons in the state of florida use securus technologies as a phone provider? If not which phone service do they use?

love baby
11-27-2011, 04:42 PM
It all depends on which private camp they are at. I believe theres a thread in Florida phone/mail that should tell u what camp uses which. Hope this helps

Always&forever1
11-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Thank you for the help. The Hubby is on his way to Bay Correctional Faciliy. I checked out that thread & it said they use correctional billing, no one has corrected it so hopefully I still get my phone calls when he gets there :)

BCinya
12-01-2011, 12:57 PM
First, you can identify DOC managed vs Privately managed facilities by their name. If a Correctional "Institution" then it's under DOC dirct. If it's a Correctional "Facility" it's privately managed.

All DOC managed CIs are served by a single contract with Securus/Correctional Billing Services. Each Correctional Facility, depending on which company is managing them (GEO, MTC or CCA) handles phones uniquely. The DOC dictates the rates paid to mirro those in the DOC managed sites ($1.80 + tax/fees per 15 min call) but they use several providers including Securus/CBS, GTL, Infinity??

ben's girl
12-05-2011, 08:21 PM
The price of calls are not all the same. Some are less and some are more than 1.80. Several years ago when Ben was at Bay CF my calls were 9.75 for 15 mins. I here that has changed now but it's not always been the case.

slcjd92
12-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Thank you for the help. The Hubby is on his way to Bay Correctional Faciliy. I checked out that thread & it said they use correctional billing, no one has corrected it so hopefully I still get my phone calls when he gets there :)

Bay CF uses Securus which is the parent company of Correctional Billing as I understand it so you should be good to go.

simonsezfl
12-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi My grandson is in private facility at Blackwater River Cf in panhandle of Florida I do not know about the phone system you talked about but I use Global tel Link is seems to work good for me, you can acess them on line to get details. You can do prepaid I do $25 or $50 at a time take $4.75 for service charge. It lasts pretty good our calls are less than $1.85 for 15 mintues he usually calls twice a week. Can do search on line probably other companies but this is the one I use. Hope it helps and hang in there. Good luck and we must support our loved ones, Simonsezfl Port Charlotte Fl

theshanefactor
12-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Gadsden uses Securus. Calls for me are 1.81. I just got my firdt call. Gosh, it feels so good to hear her voice.

Joshua's_Girl
05-14-2012, 09:39 AM
I have question about Global Tel Link, since that is what Blackwater River uses and that is where J is at........When you prepay the $25.00 or $50.00 for the phone. The about of money for the 15 mintue phone call is taken out of that $25.00 or $50.00 you prepaid right? And not put on your actual phone bill?

ben's girl
05-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Yes, if it's a prepaid account then the price of each call is deducted from the amount in your account.

Joshua's_Girl
05-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks Ben's Girl! ;) Somedays I have blonde moments! :D Besides I wanted to make sure I understood, so there is not confusion when explaning it to J and his mom! ;)

BCinya
05-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Securus=Evercom=TNetix=Securus Correctional Billing Services (formerly Correctional Billing Services). They are all the same but have different names because they were purchased and merged several times.

JuJuWife
05-18-2012, 02:21 AM
Can anyone tell me if they know the rate for calls from Infinity Network (South Bay)..when the calls come thru it gives an option for rate quote but when I press 4 it says nothing..the facility is only 35 mins away from me n I have no idea how much I'm paying there is no rate quote on the website like CBS so I don't really know what I'm paying..

robertoswife
06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
can someone plzzz tell me about moore haven im going crazy looking for who runs there service ...infinity doesnt have them anymore

MariSanti
06-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Did you try calling the facility to ask? They may be able to let you know before someone on here has a chance to respond.

Just a thought.

Good Luck

NAN425
06-05-2012, 10:34 PM
can someone plzzz tell me about moore haven im going crazy looking for who runs there service ...infinity doesnt have them anymore

According to a post earlier in this thread, their provider is Infinity Network. Assuming that info is up-to-date.

robertoswife
06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
moore haven has amtel now i had to call they gave me the 800 number for anyone who needs it 800-849-6051

penniandmondo
07-19-2012, 05:35 AM
Grandson was transfered yesterday to Lake City. Does anyone know what phone service this place uses.
From what I have read in posts, they should be approved at reception center for phone. Mail at CRFC was moving so slow, that he only received bill for our phone on the 13th of July, and turned it in for approval. So, is CRFC going to approve the phone, so he can call us from where he is now?:eek:

Chaiful
09-08-2012, 06:22 PM
South Bay CF has installed all new phones and has advised there will be a new phone service company. They DID NOT say what company it will be. I was told the phone service would be cut on Monday. I plan to call SBCF on Monday to find out what company they will use next. Infinity has been the provider until now.

redvelvet67
09-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Graceville Correctional Facility in Graceville, FL, is privately owned. I know because my son is there. It is at the tip of Florida, near the Panhandle, close to Alabama.

I have a prepaid account with Securustech. Call 1.800.844.6591 and follow the prompts to set up your initial account using your home (landline) &/or cell phone. You may be able to sign up online too, Securustech.net. The minimum prepaid amount is $25 (+$6.95 processing fee)=$31.95. You have to have a VISA or MC debit bank card. You may also qualify to have the charges added to your monthly phone bill, if you meet the credit criteria. They will do a small credit check through your phone company and they will let you know immediately if you're approved or not for monthly billing.

Once you set it up, you can add as much time as you can afford anytime. Each call is approx. $1.54.....not bad for a prison call. You also will be notified by an automated msg via your phone when the account gets low and you need to add more money to continue to receive calls.

I hope this helps. Let me know if it works out for you.
Be blessed!!!

MrsGamez
10-23-2012, 05:06 PM
moore haven has amtel now i had to call they gave me the 800 number for anyone who needs it 800-849-6051

The number is 800-849-6081...

Foxyalena
11-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Does anyone know what Lowell women's prison uses?

NAN425
11-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Does anyone know what Lowell women's prison uses?

Lowell is a DOC facility. Not private. So it uses Securus.