View Full Version : What are your guys serving time for and how long will they be away?

Pages : [1] 2

xxbaddgurl83xx
12-16-2003, 07:50 PM
If you dont mind me asking, I was just curious as to what your men are serving time for and how long will they be incarcerated? You dont have to share if you feel uncomfortable, I was just wondering. My boyfriend is serving 1 year for a violation of probation. He was on a 5 year probation for stealing a car with his friend back when he was 21. 4 months before his probation was up he got a dwi which violated him. He went to court October 16, his 26th birthday, and was sentenced to a year. Now that I shared my story.... would anyone like to share theirs?

bookworm
12-16-2003, 07:55 PM
my husband to be is serving 25-life for murder with the possibilty of parole in 15 which is this year. My fiance has a problem with his mouth and the co's do not like it, so I am concerned that he will not get his parole this year.

lanangregs
12-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Someone posted a similar question but I guess I need to accept the fact that boyfriend went to prison for stealing a pair shoes and got 32 months with I think 6months credit. Bascially he had a strike before so he got a doubled sentence that is why he is doing such a long term for petty theft, it sucks big time but I am glad he went cause he didnt realize how serious a strike was.

haswtch
12-16-2003, 09:10 PM
Eric got ten years for attempted assault on a state trooper. what he actually did was run from a trooper. They lost him almost immediately (6:15 am, June morning, back country roads)
Why did he run? as his daddy says, Eric has been beaten about the head and ears so many times its surprising he has a head left.
They said they had pulled him over (for speeding and seatbelt), at which time he had attempted to strike a state trooper with a baseball bat. From behind the wheel of his car. Actually at first they said he HIT the cop.Then they said he tried. Details shifted like sand. No physical evidence, no neutral witnesses. The local gendarmes tried to do virtually this same thing to him twice before and he was acquitted. This time he tried being his own lawyer. Ten years.

tonysgirl
12-16-2003, 09:25 PM
My Fiance is in for parole violation. He decided one day he did not want to go back to a halfway house. My brilliant man only had one month left to do in the halfway house, and after the halfway house he only had 11 months left to walk off out with me.. Now he has to do 81/2 months behind bars!!! I can scream!!!!! Men are from another planet!!!!

Rona

Amy
12-16-2003, 09:29 PM
2 8 year sentences to serve concurrent on manslaughter and sale of controlled substance.

dkr55
12-16-2003, 09:35 PM
burglery of a dwelling 20 years do 10 and god willing 6 more months and its over but he will have time on paper.

JWSPMS
12-16-2003, 09:59 PM
James took a 20 year no-contest plea for 2nd degree murder dangerous act. The prosecution had no physical evidence and no case against him and put a couple of other inmates on the stand who wanted to make thier sentences better. his co-defendant plead guilty to the crime and got 20 years as well. So two men are in prison and only one pulled the trigger. the eyewitness even ID his codefendant. I don't know about ya'll but my trust in the court system has been shattered.
Spikeswife

hisgirl
12-16-2003, 10:15 PM
My fiance is in prison for distribution. They arrested him 2years after the fact, for which they actually have no evidence. He plead guilty and got 2 years rather than facing 40 had he been found guilty in a trial.

JAYCJT1
12-16-2003, 10:25 PM
My husband is serving 10 yrs with 85% for voluntary manslaughter and and a gun charge he's been in 4 yrs and has 4 1/2 yrs left

Stevesbabydoll
12-16-2003, 10:28 PM
my boyfriend is in for 4.5-9 for possesion of a controlled substance in the third degree. Theres a whole story behind it, but i dont feel like typing it out right now.

louise1120
12-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Murder~Death Sentence

imissrondale
12-16-2003, 10:40 PM
My husband is in on a parole violation he did 3 yrs in state for selling to an undercover got out then after a year on the streets he got harrassment by communications he was in county for6 mths went to state and wiil be there for 6 nths till his review wich is suppose to be in march but today they did his vote wich is wether the guards and his boss and the counselor think he should come home he says so far so good:)

sandra8376
12-16-2003, 10:45 PM
37 months (federal) for manufacturing methamphetamines (personal use, although it makes no difference to them); 3 years of supervised release when he's done. He is eligible for up to 12 months off if he successfully completes the drug rehab program.

KellyNMelton
12-16-2003, 11:43 PM
my husband is in for a class b felony...selling drugs
happened in 97 didnt get charged w/ it until 2002..(((crap)))
less then a 1/2 gram of coke..he got 10 yrs. suspend 4...do 6
with good time he only has to do 3...

Vero211
12-17-2003, 12:03 AM
MY FIANCE IS IN FOR A PAROLE VIOLATION. HE HAS TO DO 12 MONTHS. HE WAS IN FOR A GTA THE FIRST TIME, PAROLE VIOLATION THE SECOND TIME, NOW HES IN FOR ANOTHER PAROLE VIOLATION. HE DICHARGES FROM PAROLE 7/2005 SO HE ONLY HAS A FEW MONTHS OUT BEFORE HE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT VIOLATIONS NO MORE.THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!

ROCKYSLILGIRL
12-22-2003, 11:13 AM
MY MAN IS IN THERE FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER THEY GAVE HIM A SENTENCE OF 16 YRS STRAIGHT WITH POSSIBILTY OF PAROLE IN 9 YRS HES ALREADY GOING ON 4 YRS IN STATE PRISON BUT THERE WAS THREE GUYS IN THE CAR AND THEY FOUND OUT BY THE GUN RESIDUE THAT ONE OF THE OTHER GUYS WAS THE ONE THAT SHOT THE GUN BUT THEY STILL CHARGED HIM AS WELL BECAUSE THEY SAID IT WAS RETALIATION

Travs_girl
12-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Travis is serving 8-13 years for armed robbery and felon in possession of a weapon. He was robbing drug dealers (is that a crime? lol). Anyway, he's done 3 years, and has about 8 left. Hopefully he'll earn some more good time back. We're in the process of filing a PRP motion, because they sentenced him wrong when counting his points. With any luck, that will knock 24-36 months off his sentence.

NightMagic
12-22-2003, 11:37 AM
John is serving a 10 year sentance for 2 degree arson 3 degree break entering. He's been in 8 months but he has a reconsideration hearing Dec 31st.

1nonlyTeRe
12-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Mel is in for 2 counts of aggravated robbery.. He can be out as early as 2004 on good behavior, but if not then he is in until 2006..

The guys he did the crime with got off on probation for testifying against him of course..

but it's ok, I pray my baby will be home soon!!!!

~TeRe~

msvbabygirl
12-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Travs_girl, I feel ya. We are having the same problem. My man had a plea agreement and they exceeded the amount of point stated in the agreement. So we are going through just about everything you can think of to get it taken care of. It actually looks pretty good for him though. I thought it would be pure hell and it would never happen but it is looking up. I don't want to get to excited though. I know that if you count them before they hatch....bad things happen. Anyway, as it stands he has 14 more years. He is looking to have 6 yrs taken due to the points being miscalculated. He was orginally given 19. He was convicted of selling within 1000 feet of a school gound. (No he was not selling to kids, he lived in a development behind a school and it never dawned on him since he used to be so hard headed) and for obstructing justice.

divita
12-22-2003, 05:38 PM
My man is serving year 13 of a 20 year sentence for murder-1but, the man who actually pulled the trigger only did 8 and is out!!! Go figure.

babygirl350
12-22-2003, 06:05 PM
divita- Welcome to PTO!
That is sentencing guidelines for you.
I sure cant figure them out, not in Kentucky, Florida or Michigan that is for sure.
In the state of Kentucky, SOMETIMES murder carries less time than assault, go figure.
We definitely need new sentencing guidelines, uterly ridiculous, but that is just my opinion.
Remember Hope is a good thing, it springs life eternal.

AllenzLove
12-22-2003, 06:19 PM
Allens in prison for selling meth and weed and having a loaded gun on him. He also had over $500 worth of stolen property. This is the irst time he's been in prison and i'm scared. I dont want anyone to hurt him. He got 3 years with half time.

jesse'sgirl88
12-22-2003, 06:59 PM
first degree murder, life sentence

jacintovp
12-23-2003, 07:08 PM
my husband is serving 4 years for forgery w/ drug charges b4 that and i miss him so much!!!!

CET
12-23-2003, 09:02 PM
40 years as accessory to murder. no evidence, his friend did it, he was somewhere else, had no knowledge. went to trial pleaded innocent. has 23 years left, trying to find a witness, figure out where to go from here.

baker5853
12-24-2003, 12:49 AM
MY HUSBAND IS IN FOR 1YEAR AND 4 MONTHS FOR GRAND THEFT AND SHOULD BE HOME IN MARCH OR APRIL ON GOOD TIME,I REALLY HOPE SO I MISS HIM ALOT.

littleamy76
12-25-2003, 09:25 PM
My hubby is in for 11 months for criminal non child support. He's expected to be released May 2004.

mattswife
12-25-2003, 09:41 PM
my husband is in for criminal threat, parole violation, and obsturction of legal justice- still in county has court on the 20th- we will see how long he gets!

JJsGB
12-25-2003, 09:51 PM
My man is in for armed robbery. The buddies he was with, who are no longer his buddies, snitched on him for S*** they did, but he got the time. He got sentenced to 10yrs, w/ mandatory 85% no possiblity of parole. We're trying to get his sentenced reduced to 70%, which means he'd be coming home almost anytime. We're not having any luck w/ it though. It's a new law they passed here in IA, but the DOC stinks. WE won't give up. I just sent a letter to the governor to see what I can make happen. I'm praying and praying some more that things will work out in our favor. If not, we have about 3yrs to go. He's already been in for 5yrs. It's coming. Thank Goodness.

Velma
12-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Mine's in for selling meth. He did it, he's paying the price- no story here! He has to serve 5 years total, he's done around two and a half.

Please include in your prayers that our Minnesota laws get changed in the upcoming legislative session and he will turn from a 1st degree to a 2nd degree offender and maybe come home early!

Marci
12-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Long story - but the short version: Involuntary Manslaghter(someone died accidently because of something my husband accidently did). He received 20 yrs - 19 suspended, so he is actually serving 12 months (10.5 months with his 85%). He will be on 5 yrs of probation. His very first charge - not even a traffic ticket.

I praise God everyday for the sentence Kevin received, he's been a blessing to the men at the jail (my husband is a youth pastor/counselor) and ministers in the jail. Kevin really feels that this is where his calling is now, like a mission field (most of the time, some of the time he just wants to come home!)

He has served 6 months and will be home in 97 days (not that I'm counting!). He will remain in a county facility, not moved to state.

Blessings!

squeaky
12-26-2003, 12:21 AM
murder second degree(principal)...23--28 years..has done 7years.

darkbluegirl
12-26-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally 26 years and ten months, cocaine and a weapon. Weapon got kicked, it was exactly the same place as the coke, NOT on him, but that stayed. So he's in the tenth, has eight left. Ex wife, ten years older than him, set him up.

Here4you4ever
12-26-2003, 12:57 AM
Involuntary manslaughter in the death of his friend. Signed a plea for 7.5. A double whammy, grieving the loss of his friend and now this.

Torn In 2
12-26-2003, 04:27 AM
Grand Theft Auto..... in 3 counties. 5 years time...3 down so far!

WinyanTsumanitu
12-26-2003, 08:44 AM
parole violation/misd. disorderly/fighing - he will be up for sentencing january 8 and most probably will be locked down for 16 moons - it all depends whether the judge is racial biased or not.

Dougsgirl
12-26-2003, 09:20 AM
home invasion armed with firarm and robbery armed with firarm. He has done 3 years already and he will get out june 05 but he goes to the porole board january 04.
mande

TsTraviesa
12-26-2003, 09:54 AM
My fiance is in for selling drugs and theft... He did 5 years and gets out in 10 dayz.. my cousin and homie are in for violating their parole and they're doing 1 year. I also have a few friends that are in prison that get out next year 2004, there's just to many to name.

Eboniizs
12-26-2003, 10:14 AM
Murder 1.. for being present when the crime occured. He was sentenced to 35 years, and has done close to 17.. he's coming hime in 39 days!!!

lonleyheart
12-26-2003, 11:40 AM
MU HUSAND HAS A 4 YEAR BID FOR FALUIRE TO APPEAR IN THE FIRST ON A DF. BULL IF YOU ASK ME IT IS JUST BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS. HIS FATHER AND BROTHER ARE WELL KNOW TROUBLE MAKER IN CONN. SO THEY HIT MY HUSBAND OFF FOR NOTHING.

jps_baby0309
12-26-2003, 11:49 AM
My man is currently in for a violation of federal probation, originally the charge was trafficking. He did 4 years. (the actual violation is a story I will save for a rainy day). He turned himself in in September, was given 13 months. With time served and gain time, he will be out in August 2004. And I hope that I will never have to go through this again.

Susan

KJsTT
12-26-2003, 01:06 PM
My man is doing 6 yrs. at 85% for robbery ($40)! almost 2 years down, 3 yr, 2 months to go.

Jakesgirl
12-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Jake is in for a violation of probation on a DUI charge from 2001. He was violated when we moved to Florida and he didn't bother to transfer his probation. He got the DUI the night his son died when he tried to wrap his car around a tree.He was sentenced to 16 months with credit for 8 months 20 days in 2001 then with his half time he could be home as early as January if they ever get him through reception and get him signed up for the program. We'll see if not his max date is April 7.

luvinJason
12-26-2003, 04:08 PM
Jason is in for burglery,robbery, and kidnapping. Now the kidnapping thing is rather funny. They moved the guy from upstairs to down stairs and thts kidnapping! But he served 4yrs for tht then went to work release. We decided not to go to church and got busted so now he has 2yrs..

TRUKSGIRL
12-26-2003, 04:54 PM
My fiancee got 5 years for ficilitation to manufacture (meth). He goes up for parole this month. We should know something soon. ( I hope! )

3yrs&stillgoing
12-26-2003, 05:17 PM
12 years - burglary of habitation
4 down and how many knows to go
No one was home and no one was hurt
Texas is great

CelliePieGrrl
12-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Capital murder, death sentence :( :( :( He didn't kill anyone, he would never do that. He is only where he is at, because his co-defendants DID, and because of the damn law of parties in TX, an accomplice can be tried for and receive the same sentence as the actual triggermen.

vicky427
12-26-2003, 09:21 PM
My Fiance walked away from a Halfway House over 2 yrs ago. So, he is in for an Escape Charge.

Now I don't know what they will charge him with ... His Parole Eligiblity is Aug. 4, 2004 ... let's see what happens.

tired
12-26-2003, 09:38 PM
hi everyone, my ex is in for violation of probation. He was sentenced to 2 years.

jeffs_girl03
12-27-2003, 11:01 PM
My man got four years for getting in a fight and breaking somebody's jaw and now he only has a year and three months left.

mrodriguez
12-27-2003, 11:09 PM
My husband has 29 1/2 to life. he blew trial hes in for murde in 2nd an a list a mile long. he's got 8 years in

Tazz0823
12-28-2003, 05:37 PM
My fiance has a 5 yr doing a min of 18 months for possesion of a controlled substance and being within 500 feet of a school zone. So sucks..It was an undercover sting..

Sweet_Pea_F79
12-28-2003, 06:54 PM
My fiance is in for 2nd degree assault. A group of 15 to 20 ppl rushed his vehicle one night as he was leaving the bar, he tried to take off and 2 drunk girls that were around the vehicle fell down and got run over and hurt. We went to to trial, the witnesses statements and testimonies did not match. He didnt assault the people he is in prison for an accident that was instigated by others, but the people that did all the damage to his vehicle did not get charged with anything except for one person he was charged with criminal mischeif and probation violation. Anyways he was sentenced to 4 yrs and 1 and 1/2 post release supervision. He could get out in March of 2007 on good time. He is looking into appealing it from inside, I guess someone he knows did and got a 4 yr time cut so im hoping and praying for that, even if they cut just a yr off his time id be happy. Wish us luck.

pass_48060
12-28-2003, 07:42 PM
my husband got 2 - 7 1/2 for dui . has done one year

babygirl350
12-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Sweet Pea - Hope luck holds out for you.
Any time cut off is a blessing.

QBFamilyAdvocat
12-28-2003, 08:37 PM
My boyfriend is serving 16 months (actually 1 year now for 4 months time served in county jail) for possession of herion. the judge sentenced him to a drug abuse program. Which I am so thankful for. He needs it badly. He has been a drug addict off and on for many years, and it's about time the system is taking more things into consideration before imposing outragious sentences on people. His struggles with addiction has caused him many problems, and hopefully this program will put him on the path he wants to be on. My heart go's out to everyone in PTO, and very thankful I stubbled across this site. It's helped me through many days I felt very down.

babygirl350
12-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Flecky-Welcome to PTO. We are glad you are here also. The more people on the site, the bigger the support system will be. We are all here for one another.
I agree it is time the laws stop handing down outrageous time for drug offenses. We need more rehab programs.

j2sq
12-28-2003, 09:15 PM
he is serving 1 and a third to 4 for attempted burglary, plus served a year concurrent for stat. rape..that time is up..but he is still in there for the burglary...he's been in there for almost 3 years.......

AngelFaceAlbion
12-30-2003, 09:36 PM
My Matthew is in county right now,he has been in and out of county since may 03..he's looking at 5-15yrs for one case..he's being charged by 3 different counties plus new york state..he hasnt been to any plea hearings yet for the rest of the cases..the first thing he got arrested for in may was grand theft auto-he didnt steal the blazer the kid who picked him up in it did,Matthew just totaled it. The second was vandalism/grand theft auto/burglary. 3rd more burglary. 4th..even more burglary. He didnt do all this recently or at the same time..it's his past catching up with him..he's done all this over the time period of about 4 yrs.

north star
12-30-2003, 11:58 PM
sentenced to 25 years for burglary of habitation in 1986
paroled Mar 1990
DWI Oct 1999 - did 15 months probation for the county; didn't report the arrest to TDC. they found out about it Nov 2001.
Technical violations and returned to the system for ????
Passed over on first parole review 2002.
Second review in process so now we wait.
Arguing with the state over returning parole time under HB1649. Another waiting game.

Time in Texas sucks!

ccrouch1960
12-31-2003, 04:12 PM
My husband is down on a violation. It's in appeal. Got the violation for being charged with manufacture/possession-penelty group 1 -- went to trial they were asking for 50 years 25 mandatory--NOT GUILTY at trial but sent back anyway for violation mandatory release date October 14 2004

waitingforscott
12-31-2003, 05:32 PM
Scott's original charge was burglary. He spent 3 yrs inside and paroled in Nov. 2002 and we were to be married Oct. 2003. 3 weeks before the wedding, I was diagnosed with cancer and Scott lost it. He quit doing what he was supposed to (visits to P.O.). 5 months later, the police finally caught up with him (after a high speed chase), so he immediately started serving out the remainder of his time. The high speed "joy ride" caught him another 4 yrs. He has been gone nearly 10 months now, and I miss him as much today as the day they took him away.

jreed
12-31-2003, 10:33 PM
my man is in there for violation of probation on money. when he was 21yrs old 3months before we got together he was with a group of friends who stole 11,000 dollars worth of jewerly because he would not snitch on them they offered him 3yrs paper in november of 2000 because we had a baby girl on the way he took the deal stayed out of trouble since then always did what they asked of him on probation and with 3months left they violated him first violation and gave him the mandatory 2yrs!!!! It is bullshit!!!! he never violated before they should of just reinstated!!!!!!!

JTZGRL
01-01-2004, 01:32 AM
My baby was sentenced to 28 months for conspiracy with intent. Hopefully, we'll be together next new year's eve!!!

Eric's Homegirl
01-01-2004, 11:39 AM
My husband is in for absconding from san diego, no word
yet on his sentence, just hoping and praying that they will
cop him.

-----------------------
who are we to judge others, when we can't begin to judge
ourselves

PTO56478
02-19-2004, 06:43 PM
kev is in for coke distrib. to an undercover cop...he also violated his probation from a previous small sentence which added time...AND to top it off he missed a court date (somehow got the "bright" idea to run, but came to his senses and stayed...but too late for court) he's got a max of 7 years but im prayin he wont have to serve it all. he could have gotten almost nothing if he would have snitched on his friends but he didn't....which sucks for me, but is respectable for him

MoMo
02-19-2004, 06:58 PM
my husband is in on really 3 counts to run concurrant. one for obtainings drugs by fraud(perscription) four year sentence and then a 4 year sentance for retaliation and then for parole was revoked because of the two new felonys. they all should run concurrant. we are in the beginning stages so i dont know for sure how long he will be there.

LSRB4LYFE
02-19-2004, 08:03 PM
M u r d e r -----> D e a t h r o w for details click here http://www.freewebs.com/rbutts/

makemoveswife
02-19-2004, 09:28 PM
my husband has about 2 0r 3 b&e's and 1 or 2 rsp's. he has 6 months in one county in 11 in another plus 19 days somewhere else. long story but the 11 and 6 months are suppose to be put togetrher. we'll find out more on the 4th of march

jglsqueen
02-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Attempted Robbery and murder (an accident). He's doing Life without the possibility of parole and has been down 16 years. Meanwhile his co-defendants got 25 to life, and they put it all on him. There's really no excuse, but his criminal history is what a former drug habit did for him. It's a real shame.

jglsqueen

MoonDust711
02-19-2004, 10:50 PM
violation of probation he got 18 months 9 months left when he gets out he has no more probation first time off probation in 9 years he keeps going back because of probation so when he gets out we don't have to worry about him violating probation anymore

LadyAngel
02-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Mark is serving 3 Life Sentences for Murder, Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, Burglary, Theft, and Firearm Possession.
He's been in prison since he was 17 in 1994. The parole boards open for him in another 20 or so years.

SSTEWART
02-23-2004, 08:54 AM
My hubby went for selling coc to a undercover cop. He got a 3 year mandatory sentance :ha:

RescueBunny71
02-23-2004, 11:58 AM
My husband is in fro 2 counts of embezzlement. He gets sentenced this Thursday and has a hold over to another county because of a probation violation. I have no idea what is going to happen. Neither does he. The guidelines are 10 months to 2 years for the embezzlement but the judge has the power to suspend. Also the DA is pressing for 2 years...Do they always do that? He has 4 years over his head for the violation but this is his first violation. I have no idea what is going to happen. If anyone has a clue...let me in PLEASE! :-):yuck:

Morrigan68
02-23-2004, 12:13 PM
My fiance is in for Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm, Aggravated Assault, and 2 drug charges. He won't be released until September of 2009.

missing_him
03-10-2004, 08:21 PM
My man is in for trafficking and is sentenced for 11 months

princessthomas
03-10-2004, 08:50 PM
FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO SAY, I AM SO SORRY FOR U GIRLS THAT THEIR MEN ARE GONE FOR A LONG TIME OR FOR GOOD. THAT MADE ME SO SAD, I JUST READ ALL OF THEM:ha: .MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO ALL OF YOU AND JUST KEEP YOUR FAITH...MY HUSBAND WAS ON PAROLE FOR A DRUG CHARGE. HE DID 6 MONTHS. HE GOT OUT MAY 15TH, 2003..VIOLATED 6 WEEKS LATER BY DROPPING DIRTY. HE WAS ADDICTED TO OXYCOTINS AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT.SO HIS PAROLE OFFICER SENT HIM TO A REHAB, I BEGGED HER NOT TO AND JUST PUT HIM IN JAIL BECAUSE I KNEW HE WOULD WALK OUT..SURE ENOUGH, I DROPPED HIM OFF FRIDAY AND I WENT BACK SATURDAY TO GIVE HIM CLOTHES AND ALL THAT STUFF, AND THEY SAID," HE LEFT AS SOON AS U PULLED AWAY".I WAS SO PISSED:argh ..SO I JUST HAPPENED TO BE AT A PARTY STORE NEAR OUR HOUSE AND HE PULLED UP WITH A FRIEND AND TOLD ME THEY LET HIM GO..WHICH WAS A LIE..SO I FLIPPED OUT, TOOK HIM HOME, HE TOOK 14 OXYCOTINS(I HAD NO CLUE), TOOK MY KEYS TO MY BRAND NEW TRUCK..AND FLIPPED IT.. SO HE GOT 2 PAROLE VIOLATIONS AND GOT A 12 MONTH FLOP, AND THEY ALSO CHARGED HIM WITH TAKING MY TRUCK..UNLAWFUL USE OF MOTOR VEICHLE..I TRIED TO DROP IT, BUT THEY SAID IF I DID, THEY WOULD CHARGE ME! SO HE GOT 11 MONTHS FOR THAT, BUT WE THINK THEY ARE RUNNING TOGETHER..THE 11 MONTHS AND 12 MONTH FLOP..SO HES OUT NO LATER THAN NOV,2004..HOPEFULLY SOONER, RUMOR AS U ALL KNOW IS THAT NON VIOLENT OFFENERS ARE GETTING EARLY RELEASES..I SURE HOPE SO, BUT HE IS NOW DRIED OUT AND LEARNED HIS LESSON...I HOPE:)

jasonsmyhoney
03-10-2004, 08:55 PM
mine is in for 1st degree murder and has a 17 - life sentence. hes already served almost 15, and he goes to the parole board in june so hopefully goodness will find a way to bring him home....

ez2beacutie
03-10-2004, 09:17 PM
My boyfriend is in for ? well he got a month sentence but he got credit for days for time served> I have had bad luck and so has his mom and dad< trying to get him a money order and envelopes and paper< it keeps coming back so we had only got two letters< or I have got two his mom and dad one< as he is not able to write due to not getting his mail< I have contacted the sergeant of the mail room and also the housing unit he is for this problem< they are suppose to be watching for his mail however it came back again< each time it is returned it is missing envelopes< letters enclosed and one of the money orders> my boyfriend thinks that no one is writing him and it is really bothering me< that he is goin without his mail< how awful to have the one thing in receiving taken away< he is in for cashing a check for someone that was stolen> I am praying for the day i open my mail box and see his envelope and inside his letter he will say that he got my mail< and he will be reading it for ever< as i sent so many letters<<<<<

jasonsbutterfly
03-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Okay by baby is in there for a burg of a dwelling causing great bodily harm. A bunch of people went in there, including him, but he never touched anybody and is the only one that got the charge. Go figure! He was sentenced to 7 yrs 5 mon & 2 days. He has credit served for 2 months and has been in there for 6 months. He has to served 85% so hopefully he will be out in Nov. 2009.

Raebear
03-10-2004, 09:38 PM
murder 15-life

Elmo_26
03-10-2004, 09:50 PM
my baby is in for 2nd degree manslaughter total accident. 10 years down and 5 on Parole. He has been in 3 and will be able to go infront of the board in 2008

LBoogie0810
03-10-2004, 10:33 PM
My man was arrested on his 20th birthday, charges with murder and given 32 years. It was a horrible, alcohol-related happening. Lots to drink, gun with a faulty firing pin, 16 year old died... tragic. The Suprem Court is about to make a decision on his case- may overturn it or give him a new trial. I ask that all of you pray for him. We need him home!

JustTami
03-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Did 8 years once, and went back 14 months ago on an assult 2 charge. Will be out, hopefully in July, but no later than November.
I pray he doesn't go back, anymore felonies, and he's struck out.

koolaidmomgrace
03-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Rick has a 37 month sentence, (Federal-low sec.) been in for 10mo, out to half way house in Nov2005, He pled Not guilty to attempting to defraud the US Gov, in the words of the Fed's Its a financial issue, If he'd pled guilty he'd have never had to go, but he absolutly refused and will not give up his rights and sell himself out, Hes never in his life been in trouble and He was "Attempting" to access his own accounts, but you know the Gov, whats yours is theirs and they will show you who has the contol. Anyway hes working his way through the legal system, and excersizing every right he has on paper, so hes been a busy man, we sure do want him home and really, Im so proud of him, the strenghth this guy has amazes me everyday.

MrsWest11
03-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Kevin's in on a parole violation (mostly BS). He lost his job and couldn't pay the fee but his PO said he would waive the fee and let Kevin pay him in full ASAP...but Kevin's ex started a bunch of BS (she a snitch) and so...when he went in to pay the PO the $60...they arrested him. Anyway...his original charge was possession/distribution of controlled substance (done a little over 3 years) got out March 16, 2003...went back at the end of August 2003...if he doesn't make parole (hoping he does cause of all the overcrowding here in Bama) his max out date is January 15, 2006.
Selena

mrodriguez
03-11-2004, 12:01 AM
My husband got 29 1/2 to life for murder in the 2nd

myaebonydiamond
03-11-2004, 12:08 AM
my baby is in for a parole violation from a robbery charge. he's been back in prison 1yr. he went up for a parole hearng in dec. 2003 and was denied. he got a 1 yr. setoff so he'll see the board again march 2005 which i'm hoping he'll make parole this time. he says the board told him to do just another year. I hope he's right. i so want him to come home!

Luv2Luv
03-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Distribution. Was going to get 75 to Life. A long rap sheet :( , but got 5 -10, but could be out in 2years. (hopefully). He served 2years already.

CathyFL
03-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Murder plead to manslauter 7 yrs with 10 more on paper.

Sold some drugs.................The guy took to much and overdosed,he also had a heart problem. My son didnt even know the guy but there were 6 people with hi when he overdosed and noone called for help. His co-defendent got 9 months in drug rehab.

If he went to trial they were going for Murder 1 so he took the plea

Has to pay 6500 for funeral of the person and 10,000 in lawyer and court fees.

His 10 yrs on paper depends on when he pays all the oney due. 10 yrs will end early if he pays all fees early

Has 6.5 months left on a 7 yr sentrence

Joesgal
03-11-2004, 08:26 AM
My man is in for assualt.He was given 20 years.He sees the parole board in June so we are very hopeful he will get parole this time.

AEMS
03-11-2004, 08:37 AM
My boyfriend was on parole for ten years he stole a car and got a robbery charge. He signed for six years and has his first hearing September 3,2006.

JenniferDreams
03-11-2004, 09:41 AM
my boyfriend was charged w/ kidnapping ,carjacking and robbery!! but pleaded down to robbery !! though we both thought he should of taken it to trial , he was looking at 15 yrs if found guilty !!! he most likely would have won witnesses and all but it was that 10 or 15 % chance he wouldn't and we didn't want to risk it so now he is in serving 2 yrs w/ 1 yr and a couple months left , i hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teedar95
03-11-2004, 12:02 PM
My man got 4 but hopefully do 2 for probation violation. He just started his DOC time the middle of last month but was in county for 90 days on another charge for driving while suspended. Hopefully he can get some time cuts and be home sooner. GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE. Something I read yesterday and I don't remember where it was, it might of been here on PTO, but I'm sure a lot of you can relate. "We are a perfect couple, but not in a perfect situation."

Kelly13540
03-11-2004, 01:50 PM
My fiance was sentenced to 7 years, 2 years fixed on a 6 month rider for burglary and grand theft by possession. The grand theft was for some stolen rifles/shotguns/handguns that were in the car (my car) when he got pulled over, but he did a plea bargain so he wouldn't have to go federal. Thank god. He didn't get any time served for the 4-5 months he was in jail before he got sentenced. He flopped his rider, so he won't be up for parole untill 12/8/2005. His max out date is in December of 2010.

slickriches
03-11-2004, 06:45 PM
my husband is doing 8 years for first degree assault. he's only been in one month so this is just the beginning. they offered him no plea bargain. it was an alcohol related incident where he beat a guy up and the guy suffered very serious injuries. he had two previous dui charges on his adult record, a battery, and a poss w/ intent to sell from 96. the prosecution tried to use his juvenile record as well to determine the sentencing guidelines, but the judge threw that out. i thought my husband was doing real good. we have been married for 6 years, have 4 kids, and we've been dating ever since high school. i have seen him make some real positive changes in his life. i thought he was finally done with the streets, but then this happened. the judge did say due to the postive changes my husband was starting to make in his life if he doesn't get any write ups and can show he is following the rules he will reconsider his sentence later down the road, but to do a sentence modification requires hiring an attorney again, more legal fees and all that. we'll see what happens. can ya all please pray for my children and my family. they miss thier daddy so much and we are having a rough time.

BKLYNDOLL2U
03-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Hes in for Racketeering,bookmaking/illegal gambling (federal) he "escaped " the conspiracy to murder charge with his life,cause they were asking for the death penalty at 1st. he got 8 years and his release date is 6/28/08 thats without the goodtime credits, with good time who knows! Hopefully alot sooner :(

squeaky
03-11-2004, 08:55 PM
23-28years murder second degree,been down 7 already.

vickieleigh2
03-11-2004, 10:16 PM
We ( I am doing time with him, just on the outside) got 36 months for traficking cocaine. He says that when we got together he knew he should have quit. I didn't know what he was doing. A little piece of shit RAT got him on audio and video. He is a really good man that made really bad decisions. we just have to dust ourselves off and start all over again.

Rickys_babygurl
03-11-2004, 11:54 PM
My soon to be husband Ricardo is in prison for Robbery and Assault on an Officer...the assault was no more than resisting arrest but when they want you off the street they will say anything to get that. He ended up with 10 years, and he has served 8 so far he is up for Parole in June of 2006...God I hope that he gets that I need him here.

Ms Lana
03-12-2004, 12:41 AM
My boyfriend is in for murder, 25 years to life, possibility to parole in another 14 yrs, served 4 yrs so far. His case was really messed up, I was an alternate juror at his trial. He shouldn't be doing this much time. Gotta love our "justice" system.

Ms.Heather
03-12-2004, 02:16 AM
I have one friend, my best friend... Mark serving a 19-20 for a manslaughter charge. He is coming up on his 6 year mark. (13*14 to go!)
My other friend, Joe... he is serving a 15 for a drug charge. Hes been in since 1995 (he was 16 when sentenced) He made parole for 7/2005.. and is awaiting news to be transferred to a halfway sometime soon.

:) I can't wait for the day to say.. "I know noone in prison!"

MissOne
03-12-2004, 06:36 AM
I just read all of these posts and all i can say is a damn. I never really knew the strength and tenacity of the women in this forum to this degree. I wish peace and blessings to all women whom love a man on lock. I am so thankful that i found this site.

My baby's crime is drug related and God willing he will be home soon.

Frankiesbaby
03-12-2004, 07:56 AM
Frank was sentenced to 38-55 months for robbery with a dangerous weapon. He has never been in prison before. And the dangerous weapon was an ink pen. He has been in for 10 months now.

Sweetness
03-12-2004, 10:40 AM
My baby is in for false pretenses and cheats (basically, stealing a credit card). He got 6 years, 7 months, and 20 days... they got him for habitual felon, so thats the plea bargain he got. He coulda got 10+ years... right now, he is on gain time so we are looking at 3 and 1/2 more years to go... and the state of NC no longer had parole so thats the minimum he can do before he comes home! :argh He has served a year and a half so far...

jdluvsdj
03-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Donny hasn't been sentenced yet. He goes to court for breaking and entering. At the most he will get 2 years total 1 year for each count. Although he didn't have anything to do with it. Because of his past record the courts are trying to railroad him back into prison. I will let you know exactally what he gets when I know.

MissingScottTN
03-12-2004, 12:07 PM
He is in for aggravated child abuse (very embarrasing to me). He was on drugs when it happened wich was two years ago and he went to prison a month ago. He wont get the possiblity of parole until Jan 05. His original sentence was 7.5 years at 20 percent. So thats around 1.4 years. Hopefully he will get out sooner though.

Brazy312
03-12-2004, 12:09 PM
My baby is in for armed robbery. He went in back in November 1999, and has till February 2008 (hopefully if he stays out of trouble). I met him while I was doing an internship at the prison, and need I say that I walked away from the job cause I couldnt walk away from my soulmate. That was back in August 2000 and we are still going strong.

Shelby
03-12-2004, 07:11 PM
My ex is in for Felony Theft, Credit Card Fraud, Theft Scheme, he calls it "creative shopping". Got 15 years due to his extensive record, suspended all but 8 years, he's done 2 years and is up for parole this summer, but odds are very much against his making it. The sentencing judge wants him to go to drug rehab after he has served more time. And with his addiction issues (20 year crack addict) he's safer on the inside than on the streets. How sad.

johns_4_ever
03-13-2004, 12:12 AM
John is in for 2nd degree sexual assault with an Unconscious Victim
but in on a probation reovcation.

John's is a long story I know this all will seem drug out, but it helps to talk about it, and how much pain & anger it can cause and how long it can take for the state to convict a person. Sorry if I ramble on and on and on....

On July 11, 1995 John went out bar hopping with a male friend they ran in to a bartender that John's friend knew, She also worked as a stipper, They partied all day & late into the night, instead of driving they stayed at a cabin that was at the bar. At the cabin they continued to party and John's friend who lived next to the bar went home John when to bed in one of the bed rooms and the woman stated she went to sleep on the couch. Johns friend was awaken by the woman early in the morning appox 3 or 4 am she said John date raped her, John's friend when to the cabin which was about 50 ft from his house and John was asleep on the bed fully dressed. Johns friend stated he had to shake John to wake him up. The woman then went home when to bed and woke up later in the day and told her sister and mom what happened She then went to the hospital. She was questioned by the nurse the usually questions was there penentration she stated she didn't know was there oral sex by him and by her she didn't know. was there anal sex she didn't know, there were many others all answered didn't know. Other questions asked is did you go to the bathroom, she said no and did you shower she said no. The nurse they did a rape kit on her. Afterwards gave the nurse a cup saying that she had collected fluid from her vagina. She then talked with a detective She filled out her statement. She told the detective that she woke up because she felt like she was having sex, and John was between her legs grinning at her trilling her thong around his finger. (the thong which a maxi pad attached to it.) Now #1 if she had a maxi pad on that ment she must have had her period why else would you were a maxi pad with a thong. The detective then went to talk to John. Why didn't they ask for the clothes John wore that night to look for traces of blood or her bodily fluids. The detective asked John if he did it John said no, The detective told John if you say it was consentual sex we will drop it right now. John stated they were very drunk and that to the best of his knowledge nothing happened. John went to court the end of July The 1st Judge found that yes there was probable cause John then was given time to hire an attorney. John contacted the detective several times asking what was happening, Then in October 7,1996 over a year after the incident took place They came to Johns house with a search warrent by another judge asking for blood samples. John was taken to the hospital they took the samples.. Then July 6, 1998 a complaint with warrant was filed with a 3rd judge then His initial appearance was July 27, 1998 in front of a 4th Judge, Then Aug 24,1998 Aug 27,th 1998 he had an adjourned initial appearances infront of the 3rd judge again. Then his prelimenary hearing was Sept 25,1998 Oct 14,1998 it was transfered back to Judge #2, Nov 11,1998 was his Arraignment Nov 13, 1998 a Demand for discovery and inspection was filed Jan 20,1999 he got a notice of hearing,April 7, 1999 was his Motion hearing May 13, 1999 was is Competency hearing, May 20, 1999 he got a notice of hearing, July 20, 1999 2nd Competency hearing July 22, 1999 notice of hearing Nov 29,1999 Motion hearing Oct 5, 1999, Motion hearing, Dec 29, 1999 notice of motion, Jan 7, 2000 motion hearing, March 23, 2000 notice of motion, April 3,2000 motion hearing, April 18,2000 motion hearing, April 20,2000 hearing, April 24,2000 a jury was selected, April 25,th The Judge removed himself from the case because the victim had started dating his step son April 26th 5th judge took over case. April 26 & 27,2000 Jury trial. During the trial The victim changed her story 3 times while on the stand, She also was sitting behind John's mother and I And the rest of his family & friends and she told the victims advocate that was there with her That this time she did it right and he would make her pay. ( she had falsely accused 3 other men in our town of rape and none of them ever went to court.)Johns attorney's major mistake in his case was not fighting the rape shield law and not bringing these men in to court to testifiy to that fact. The Jury heard evidence about the DNA but only the bad part Johns DNA was found in the cup that she the victim collected by herself but they didn't hear that her DNA was not in the cup ( how if she collected the fluids from her Vagina did she only collect Johns DNA and none of hers) They did not hear that the test from the rape kit had none of Johns DNA in her vaginal swabs. They heared evidence of her stament at the time by the detective and the statement of Johns friend. When the jury was deliberating they sent the baliff in to ask the Judge if the could look at the statements from Johns friend about the night in question and what the victim had stated and the Judge denied them to see them, Which makes it seem like there was doubt in the minds of some of the jurors if they wanted to see evidence. They should have been allowed to see it. In the end the jury found him guilty April 27 He signed a $25,000 signature bond. And on July 31, 2000 Sentencing hearing & Pre-sentence investigation filed John was sentenced to 1 year in Jail and 12 Years probation. His attorney filed an appeal He sat in county Jail July 31,2000 to July 9, 2001 (he got 22 days off for good behavior. While in Jail he was attacked by another inmate he ended up with a concussion The Sheriffs department and district Attorney refused to charge the other inmate with assault.Needless to say the detective and the DA were the same ones on his Sexual Assault case. John fired his attorney and started looking for a new one When John was released from Jail he went back to his Union Job, took his 2nd course of Sex offender teartment The first he was given while in Jail but because he wouldn't admit to the crime he failed it. He failed the second course to due to the fact that if he is innocent and if he would have said yes I did it in the Treatment they could throw out his appeal. His appeal hearing was Feb 1, 2002 The judge stated yes there was a mistake with the evidence (the cup never should have been brought forth as evidence because she collected it herself and not by a 3rd party a nurse or other medical staff. {So if that was not brought forth then the jury would have more than likely found him not guilty due to the rape kit coming out without John's DNA} but your attorney, the attorney he had during the trial should have caught it then, and his appeal was denied. During this time John was having problems with his probation officer, who stated several times that as long as he wouldn't admit it they would revoke his probation, He went to the 3rd series of sex offender treatment and was removed from group due to the fact that he wouldn't admit it, since he was removed from treatment by the counselor that gave his probation officer the right to revoke his probation. They picked him up April 9,2001 on Aug 6, 2002 the finally filed a Revocation Order and Warrant and they also revoked him on the same day. So he still sat in county jail. On Dec 12, 2002 his appeal on his revocation was denied. On Dec 13,2002 the Judge sentenced him to 12 years in State Prison. On Dec 27,2002 John was sent to State Prison. Feb 7,2003 He got a public defender who file a motion to extend time to file a motion. His public defender has not done anything more on his case as to date. John has written to him several times asking what is happening but has gotten no word from him. Feb 11, 2004 John got a notice of parole consideration but they didn't give him a date They counselors and Phys at the prison have told John that his parole will be denied because he has not recieved sex offender treatment yet. And that it will probably be 2 more years before he will be allowed to enter the program. They also said that the for see the earliest he will be released will be 2009. but if during the time when he does get in to the treatment and if he doesn't admit it in the treatment that he will end up sitting until 2012 John will never admit to it and he will continue to appeal until the day he dies.

I believe in him fully and will stand by him until the end. Any man if he was Guilty would have said yes to the cop and gotten off with nothing. or copped a plea instead of spending the nearly $150,000.00 on Attorney fees for a case that took the DA from 1995-2000 finally convict him. So all in all he is setting in prison because a probation officer got a bug up her butt and wanted to show how much power she has over her offenders. I use to believe in the judical system but I no longer do.

Another thing that gets me is John is 5'1" 100lbs this woman was 5'8" and had a good 45 lbs on him and if I would have been her and woke up with a man between my legs I would have hit him or scratched him done something to cause bodily damage to him not just get up and walk away. I would have also went right to the hospital instead of waiting several hours before going in especially since she collected fluilds from herself Which she stated she did this before going to sleep. At this point she knew she was going to turn it in so why wait.

I was not dating John when this happened I started seeing him in the middle of all of this. But when I first me John he told me that he was going thru it, not too many men if they were facing a sexual assault charge are going to open up and tell someone they just met about being a possible sex offender. If he was he would have kept his mouth shut. Another thing is John before he kissed me for the first time told me that if I ever cheated on him we were through and if he ever cheated on me we were through. John is the type of person that you have to be in a relationship before he acts on sexual desires. Not the type to jump from bed to bed. This is probably way to long so I am going to end it Thanks to any who do take the time to read this. It helped to get it off my chest

Angelbaby8599
03-13-2004, 12:17 AM
My baby's in for armed robbery. Next possibility of parole May 2006, but I'm not holding my breath. MR is in 2013.

bourg
03-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Johns 4 ever
When you finally get a hold of that public defender (call him 30 times a day yourself) Ask him why you can't file a motion for new trial based on ineffective assistance of council. It seems to me that the judge said that himself. Go and get the transcripts from the judge saying it yourself. Then camp out in his waiting room until he will speak to you. We are all they have.

sniffles
03-14-2004, 09:20 PM
My hubby is in for attempted murder, assult -1st degree, and aggrivated robbery... but he didn't do it.. the eveidence didnt even show, a witness was drunk on stand, and the other one couldnt even keep her story straight.. the PI used threats and lies[which im pretty sure they can..but lies too?] to try to get him to talk, in which he kept saying i dont know i dont know......this is kind of an odd situation. He only pickpocketed the man [which was told to him by a PI, he did not state this]. The jury I believe did an unfair jdgement, the forensic evidence of this case showed no signs of him hurting the man. They say he had steped on his head causing severe injury, yet there was no blood on the bottom of his shoes. People should be aware that blood cannot wash off. And they are charging him with all of these crimes. The witnesses, one of them were drunk on the stand, the other not keeping her story continual. And there was a tape of my husband while he was drunk saying he didn't remember anything but a couple of fights happening that night and a man giving him a hug, which he pushed away. This was the man they accused him of beating. He was bloody and dirty before he was assulted. A private detective had come into the Detoxification Unit and stated, "We know you beat this guy up. We have the blood evidence that shows it was his DNA." Ficticious statement. They did not know. He came in 9 hours after the 911 call was made. They also accused him of paying for sexual favours, and insisted that they get the truth. Their version of the truth. My husband had stated all he knew, and they threaend to just leave and charge him with attempted murder because he wouldn't say that he did it. Another thing, the witnesses stated they saw him beating this guy around 10 pm, while the 911 emergency phone call was made at 11:23 pm. What happened in those two hours? They are putting away an innocent man, the judicial system did not work to serve justice, it doesn't a lot of times....

sniffles
03-14-2004, 09:22 PM
and his sentence is 163 months......:pissed:

huepaam02
03-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Justin is being charged with armed burglary!! He was sentenced to 30 years because it wasnt his first time. He didnt really do a whole lot though... its a very long story! He is the best man i have ever met

Kercheck's Girl
03-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi. My husband is in for a probation violation. He was on probation and decided to move a hunting rifle from one place to a vault, where it would be away from him. Someone talked, and they came to the house and did a search, and found the gun in his truck. Off he went, and won't be home until March 2005, unless he gets into a camp, then maybe he'll be home in November.

I hope and pray that this has cleared out his head and that he's realized what's important in life. He says he's gotten right with God and will be a better dad and husband when he comes home, and I have to believe he will be.

God bless.

maxx99
03-15-2004, 12:24 PM
hello -- i'm new and my name is jessica ..my husband is doing 4 years -- his lawer said with good behavior and time severd since he got aresteed it'll be 2 years .. i'm glad i found this site .. i don't have alot of friends and no one understands the heatache i am going through ..

maxx99
03-15-2004, 12:39 PM
to jhons 4ever -- i just read your story and my heart goes out to you two -- actually all of you -- i hope things work out and i'm sorry it ended up that way -- i don't belive in the system either -- here in texas it's kind of crazy .. keep your head up and again my prayers go out to all of you ....

luisychris
03-15-2004, 12:56 PM
MY Luis did something stupied ..he shot in the air ...in 1996 and was just charged in 2003 ...so he signed a 5 yr plea hes got 221 days time serveded and been in about 1 yr 4 mos ..hes doing 85% he does not qualify for 1/2 time because of the gun so his charge is aggravated assult 3rd degree with deadly weapon ..we got about 2yrs 6 mo left .....luisychris

scaredfelon
03-19-2004, 05:09 PM
My man is serving a 10 year sentence for possesion of controlled substance with the intent to deliever, originally in a school zone but the enhancement was dropped because i took the fall. It's a 1st class felony but the lawyer said he would probably serve 3.5 and be out. God willing he will be. I took the fall and recieved 10 years probation and they picked up the enhancement of a school zone on me so we will be serving time together so to speak.

Loyal
03-19-2004, 06:04 PM
My baby got 12 to life for attempted robbery. Got$^%#@ with that "3 strikes and your out" bs. Excuse my french.

sarahtoga
03-19-2004, 07:46 PM
My husband plead guilty in order to get a 2 year sentence. He would have gotten a 7-10 year sentence had he gone to trial. Here's his story:

Sadly, my husband is the victim of a corrupt and unfair federal government.
A friend of my husband's went Scuba diving off the coast of North Carolina and found some old rusted-out (hunks of junk if you ask me) artillery shells and machine gun bullets....all of which were rusted and in pieces. (not dangerous at all to anyone). His friend gave my husband some too for their Ship Wreck collection. (Anyone who scuba dives in North Carolina has LOTS of shipwreck artifacts from the "Graveyard of the Atlantic". It's a normal thing on the coast)

Anyway, my husband's friend bragged to the wrong person (A cop) that he had found these rusted artillery shells in the ocean (keep in mind these things have been under 100 feet of salt water since World War II).
The cop had them arrested by the ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) saying these rusted shells were actually Bombs (can you freakin believe that?) and that my husband and his friend were in "Posession of Weapons of Mass Destruction"....we are talking RUSTED PIECES OF METAL that ONCE WERE artillery shells and are NOW PIECES OF CRAP that they were arrested for....

Both of their federally-appointed lawyers (if you can even call them that) told them to plea because they WOULD NOT WIN at trial.....The video tape that was made by the ATF saying that these shells went off when tested by an explosives expert, mysteriously disappeared after OUR explosives expert viewed the tape, said that they were NOT bombs and were perfectly safe for anyone to have, and then returned the tape to the ATF, which it then mysteriously disappeared before a trial....so my husband was forced to plead guilty to something he was not guilty of because the government got rid of any evidence that would have proven my husband was INNOCENT!!! How corrupt is that???!?!!

Now here's the kicker- North Carolina State law says that if you find it under water, its yours to keep "Finder's Keeper's Salvage Law"...meaning that by North Carolina law, my husband and his friend are innocent. Completely.

But since 9/11 and the terrorist crap that hit this country, the Patriot's Act was passed in 2001 making anyone who even has a piece of something that once was a "destructive device" is now in possession of a bomb basically.

So this Patriot's Act means this (according to the Federal Government): if you have a machine gun bullet- but do NOT have the gun (which you have to have a Class 3 permit to own by the way)- but just have a bullet- the government ASSUMES that because you HAVE the bullet you MUST HAVE the gun....even if you were NEVER near a machine gun in your entire life!!!!

This also means- people who collect those little pins from a hand grenade at flea malls and gun shows and put the grenage pin on their key ring just for fun- are NOW in POSESSION of a LIVE GERNADE...the government says if they have the pin to a gernade, they MUST have had the grenade the pin came from....which it is illegal to have a grenade.......

The Government is ASSUMING that people are committing crimes that they really did NOT commit, with NO evidence to back it up, but the Patriot's Act lets the government get away with it! That is why no one can win at trial! The law is set up to put people in jail when they are innocent!!!!
----
A friend of mine's son, was given a stuffed seagull (those annoying beach birds) by a friend who had cleaned out his attic. A cop saw my friend's son with the stuffed seagull and arrested him for being in "posession of an endangered species, and poaching an endangered species!" Again, the government is ASSUMING the son KILLED and STUFFED this seagull, never letting him explain that he was GIVEN the stuffed segull by a friend who cleaned out his attic one day! And on top of it all, the seagull is NOT an endangered species, but the government still put him in prison for having a stuffed bird.....Go figure- you can go to jail for the stupidest shit these days.....

Now do you see why I am not going to vote ever again? It's just not worth fighting the government anymore.... not enough money or time.

~Thoroughly Disgusted with our government~
What a waste of my tax money!!!!!

Justin's_Girl
03-19-2004, 08:48 PM
My boyfriend is serving 17 years (close to at least) for wilful injury w./ bodily injury. He got in a fight one night and took a lead pipe and smacked out a car window with people inside and hit everyone in the car with the pipe. He also smacked a guy on the street with the pipe over the back of the head and cracked it open. It's a bunch of bull he shouldn't be in there for that long. I do believe he should have gotten jail time but not prison. It's messed up. The guy that he cracked his head open has even written a letter to his parole board and told them that justin should get out and a whole bunch of other good stuff but I guess it didn't matter. He's been in for almost two years and his counceler says that its looking good for him to get out on parole this august. LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED... I miss my baby.

babygirl350
03-19-2004, 09:21 PM
My husband plead guilty in order to get a 2 year sentence. He would have gotten a 7-10 year sentence had he gone to trial. Here's his story:

Sadly, my husband is the victim of a corrupt and unfair federal government.
A friend of my husband's went Scuba diving off the coast of North Carolina and found some old rusted-out (hunks of junk if you ask me) artillery shells and machine gun bullets....all of which were rusted and in pieces. (not dangerous at all to anyone). His friend gave my husband some too for their Ship Wreck collection. (Anyone who scuba dives in North Carolina has LOTS of shipwreck artifacts from the "Graveyard of the Atlantic". It's a normal thing on the coast)

Anyway, my husband's friend bragged to the wrong person (A cop) that he had found these rusted artillery shells in the ocean (keep in mind these things have been under 100 feet of salt water since World War II).
The cop had them arrested by the ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) saying these rusted shells were actually Bombs (can you freakin believe that?) and that my husband and his friend were in "Posession of Weapons of Mass Destruction"....we are talking RUSTED PIECES OF METAL that ONCE WERE artillery shells and are NOW PIECES OF CRAP that they were arrested for....

Both of their federally-appointed lawyers (if you can even call them that) told them to plea because they WOULD NOT WIN at trial.....The video tape that was made by the ATF saying that these shells went off when tested by an explosives expert, mysteriously disappeared after OUR explosives expert viewed the tape, said that they were NOT bombs and were perfectly safe for anyone to have, and then returned the tape to the ATF, which it then mysteriously disappeared before a trial....so my husband was forced to plead guilty to something he was not guilty of because the government got rid of any evidence that would have proven my husband was INNOCENT!!! How corrupt is that???!?!!

Now here's the kicker- North Carolina State law says that if you find it under water, its yours to keep "Finder's Keeper's Salvage Law"...meaning that by North Carolina law, my husband and his friend are innocent. Completely.

But since 9/11 and the terrorist crap that hit this country, the Patriot's Act was passed in 2001 making anyone who even has a piece of something that once was a "destructive device" is now in possession of a bomb basically.

So this Patriot's Act means this (according to the Federal Government): if you have a machine gun bullet- but do NOT have the gun (which you have to have a Class 3 permit to own by the way)- but just have a bullet- the government ASSUMES that because you HAVE the bullet you MUST HAVE the gun....even if you were NEVER near a machine gun in your entire life!!!!

This also means- people who collect those little pins from a hand grenade at flea malls and gun shows and put the grenage pin on their key ring just for fun- are NOW in POSESSION of a LIVE GERNADE...the government says if they have the pin to a gernade, they MUST have had the grenade the pin came from....which it is illegal to have a grenade.......

The Government is ASSUMING that people are committing crimes that they really did NOT commit, with NO evidence to back it up, but the Patriot's Act lets the government get away with it! That is why no one can win at trial! The law is set up to put people in jail when they are innocent!!!!
----
A friend of mine's son, was given a stuffed seagull (those annoying beach birds) by a friend who had cleaned out his attic. A cop saw my friend's son with the stuffed seagull and arrested him for being in "posession of an endangered species, and poaching an endangered species!" Again, the government is ASSUMING the son KILLED and STUFFED this seagull, never letting him explain that he was GIVEN the stuffed segull by a friend who cleaned out his attic one day! And on top of it all, the seagull is NOT an endangered species, but the government still put him in prison for having a stuffed bird.....Go figure- you can go to jail for the stupidest shit these days.....

Now do you see why I am not going to vote ever again? It's just not worth fighting the government anymore.... not enough money or time.

~Thoroughly Disgusted with our government~
What a waste of my tax money!!!!!

What an incredible story. I am so very sorry to hear it. Just unbelievable what they charge people with these days. Pretty soon there will be more people in prison than out here on the streets if this keeps up.

Good luck to you both.

Remember Hope is a good thing, it brings life eternal.

imissmylove
03-19-2004, 10:43 PM
My man is in for theft over 500, he stole a gun along with two other people from his uncle. The reason being all b.c his cousin ran into him with his vehicle at his uncles and he never saw a penny from the insurance. So he thought well I'll get my moneys worth. And he got a charge that was concurrent with that it was i forget what its called but he stole a guys vehicle while he was drunk at a gas station thank god i wasn't with him. He got 3 years 30% for this, hes been in since June 19,2002 and he'll be getting out in July 26,2004.

flychic3312000
12-10-2005, 06:01 PM
My man is in for attempted robbery 1st and got 3 n a half.Hopefully he gets out in a year and a half.

mrsbeaubrun01
12-11-2005, 12:16 PM
My husband was charge with 2 Class C felonies for distribution. He was sentenced to 3 1/2 to 7 years both to run concurrent (thank god). Have you ever felt more up to date on the law then when your loved one went to jail?

gemma_22
12-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Aggravated robbery, will be home in 2yrs, got 10yrs for it!!

somissingmylove
12-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Mine is in for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and got 15 years. They sentenced him in a federal court as an Armed Career Criminal for his past record.:mad:

liberaldog
12-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Wrongfully convicted of murder-death sentence

liberaldog
12-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Wrongfully convicted of murder-death sentence

2nice
12-11-2005, 02:57 PM
My honey did a robbery w/firearm and got 175 months (Fedz).

Craig'sPrincess
12-11-2005, 04:31 PM
my fience and i did a crime 2gether. it sounds ghetto but we rob a dunkin donuts. we did it 4 rent money, no drugs or anything like that. my baby got a 1 1/4-4 yrs, shock eligeable. we both got arrested in aug, and now its almost x-mas.i was in lock ^ 4 5days and ive been on house arrest ever since, i'll b off next week. i miss him some much, no matter what i do i cant take my mind off of him. the worst part is i got 5 yrs probation, and i dont even know if i can b w/him when he gets out, since we did the crime 2gether.

Nodoubt2185
12-11-2005, 05:27 PM
My man has 2-6 on a man 2 and vahicular assault charges...he got a way lucky it seems, from where I sit sometimes it doesnt seems so. hes up for parole for the first time in june 2007, hopefully he will come home to me.

Nodoubt2185
12-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I wish my man had a flat bid, I gotta sit on pins and needles waiting to see if I gotta ride another 2 years after these two....I hope to GOD he comes home and we can continue our semi normal lives

pinky666
12-11-2005, 05:47 PM
My boyfriend is in for armed robbery and aggravated assault. He went in 06/99 and he'll be out on parole 12/08. But originally he was sentenced to 20 years.

Em77
12-12-2005, 05:10 AM
My man is in for Murder. Long story!!!!! Got 8yrs min 14yrs Max. Done 2yrs!!!

sunshine22
12-12-2005, 07:22 AM
My Hunnie is doing 15months to 5 years for atemted homicde!

aaronsbabygirl
12-12-2005, 07:55 AM
He got really lucky surprisingly. He was charged with two counts of trafficking stolen property in the first degree, which is a class 2 felony. Here, class 2 felonies get you 5 years, but somehow he got 1 year in county and 5 years intensive probation. Me, like most others, believe the situation seemed all to coincidental and that bascially he was set up. I mean how convienent was it that at the exact time the property was in his posession (a few days) that somehow the police happened to find out too? C'mon, lets be serious. And the owner of the property is well-known for being a drama starter/problem starter. Anyway, someone has filed to dismiss his case, so ****hoping and praying**** that the response will be great.

Onelove!
12-12-2005, 08:41 AM
My baby got sentenced to 5 years for possession of cocaine with intent to deliver. However, he is eligible for parole this March (2006) and his projected release date is December 2007 so I am keeping my fingers crossed. He has done only about 4 months.

FaithfullyHis
12-12-2005, 01:11 PM
My man is in for intoxicated man slaughter. The guy who died was his passanger/best friend. He signed for 5 years in state prison back in September. Now we are waiting for the the sentencing but he keeps having his lawyer reset his court date.

hesavedme
12-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Robbery and hes lucky if he ever makes it home.

Dugzgirl
12-13-2005, 11:30 PM
1st degree robbery & 2nd degree burglary at age 22, but had priors from age 19/20, so he was sentenced consecutively according to Oregon Mandatory Minimums. He's been in 11 years now & has 24 to go.

johnnyswife
12-14-2005, 12:16 AM
my husband is in for recieving stolen property and they gave him 3 yrs. he'll do
1 1/2 yrs. and its only been 2 months. he's still in reception in tehachapi.

cassina1212
12-14-2005, 03:54 AM
MY honey is in for Vol. Man and was sentenced to 30 years. He has 8 in and 17 to go. Unless we get out PCR in appeals (((((crossing fingers here)))
will go into more detail at another time.

Cass

mamicita
12-14-2005, 05:24 AM
armed robbery...15 years has to do 85% which is 12 years.

Nattyj83
12-14-2005, 05:39 AM
He was put on probation a year and a half ago for 'Assault-Bodily Injury-Family Member.' He violated it this last July 4th with the charge of 'Assault-Bodily Injury-Family Member' again. It looks really bad but basically his ex-fiance pops Xanax, drinks, and is Bi-polar. Those things don't mix well. The thing that happened a while back was an argument between the two of them after leaving a club. She started hitting him while he was driving and he put the car in park. He got out and went to her side of the car. He opened the door and told her to get out. She jumped out of the truck and they hit heads. Next thing you know...he's getting arrested and she's not. On July 4th, she was out of it on pills and he grabbed the bottle and went for the door to throw them out. He didn't want her on this and especially not in front of their son. He was at the door and she ran after him and pushed over a small aquarium on the foyer table and then proceeded to choke him...which she had done many times prior. He pushed her off of him and she fell back on the floor cutting her leg on the broken glass. Next thing you know...he's getting arrested and she's not. His problem was that he never wanted to press charges because she's his son's mother. That really bit him in the end. Each time she pressed charges...she'd try to take them back a couple days later...but it was too late and the DA had already picked it up. He had court this last Oct. 21st for it and we thought he might just get extended probation or something of that nature. Wrong. They wanted to give him 5 yrs. if he fought it and was found guilty or 2 yrs. if he admitted guilt. He chose the latter...there was simply too much against him. So he has a 2 yr. sentence and is up for parole every 2 months. He served 45 days in Harris County and just got transferred to TDC a week ago. Realistically...we're looking at 4 to 9 more months. I'll be with him every step of the way.

va_baby_blues
12-14-2005, 09:12 AM
He's in for felonious aggravated assult. He was sentenced to 5 years with 3 1/2 years suspended for the next ten years (while on parole). The messed up thing is he is supposed to get work release in April & here that should've meant that he would've stayed in local but now he's been moved to state & they don't have any records for good time or work release. So now I don't know when he's coming back to me and he hasn't been able to contact me yet to let me know where he is.
:confused:

sblvsmb
12-14-2005, 09:18 AM
2 years. He has 3 months in. He signed a plea for the 2 years - Aggravated vehicular assault. F2.

Paradise0327
12-14-2005, 09:44 AM
probation violation....and he got a year, but has less then two months left.

taylormade
12-14-2005, 10:28 AM
1st degree manslaughter... he pulled 25 years with this one. Won't be elegible for parole until 2020....

Tim'sgirl
12-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Mine is in for Racketeering,conspiracy to posses meth w/intent, possession of a firearm to further a drug trafficking crimex3, possession of meth with intent50grams or morex2,and possession of meth with intent 500grams. Just got indicted in August so we wont know how much time he gets for awhile. All the evidence they have is informant hearsay. He was never caught with any drugs or guns as a matter of fact we moved to Florida two years ago to get off the drugs and one day out of the blue we get a phone call from his family saying the indictment came out in the paper and he's on it so he came back to georgia to face the music. Hes trying to strike up a deal with the feds to where he can plea out and save them the trial if they can give him something with no man. min. He would go to trial but as we all know his chances there would suck.

sheila22
12-14-2005, 06:51 PM
My husband got 10yrs and will hopefully only have to serve 5 if all goes well. His charges were trafficing and conspiracy.

HEISMYANGEL
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
2 1/2-5 years for Sale of a controlled substance (crack) while he was on Parole. he is almost 2 years in and is up for parole in 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robs_angel
12-14-2005, 07:51 PM
2nd degree murder, when he was just barely 60 days past his 17th birthday :( loong story, self defense, first chance of parole is 2013 ( :) which i hope and pray we get!! ) (discharge no later than 2020)

Thomas's girl
12-14-2005, 07:52 PM
My fiance is in for carjacking and attempted robbery. He has been in since August 2004 and will be out in the beginning of 2013!!!

lftb6514
12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Weapons violation, tough as he likes to hunt.

Rissy
12-14-2005, 10:00 PM
My boyfriend is doing 18 months federal for intent to sell and growing marijuana.

ashlee1234
12-14-2005, 10:02 PM
my man is doing 2months in the work house for 1st degree bulgary and fleeing from the police (warrant). he was arrested with awhole bunch of charges but they didnt have any evidence so they gave him a plea agreement

onlyhis0911
12-14-2005, 10:57 PM
my man is waiting 4 trial the DA is offering him 3 years but if he gets convicted he'll do 8-10 for grand theft auto and robbery

rottn
12-15-2005, 05:41 AM
He was on parole and caught a Felonious Assault. He got 3 years for that one as well as an extra year for the parole violation.

Michael'sBaby
12-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Michael is in for Grand larceny. He actually gets out in a couple of weeks, but being he was on parole from Kansas, they are picking him up. he won't be out until oct. 2006. Then of course he will have at least 4 years on paper back here in ms.

ShaunGIRL
12-21-2005, 01:45 AM
my man got 4 years for burglary. it sucks really bad i miss him alot

rita1212
12-25-2005, 08:56 AM
my man got 70 mnts for buying a bicycle from a homeless guy and when he found out it was fake drugs he turned around and flagged a cop down which my man was a block away with the bike and his friendhad a lil bat wich got him 70 mnts for robbery

kristinaB
12-26-2005, 11:35 PM
My husband is in for a probation violation...smoking weed, he was sentenced to 30 months but will only serve 15

James_Luvs_Lee
12-27-2005, 08:00 AM
My husband got aressted for Robbery and he was sentenced to 9 years. He'll be home hopefully 4/21/2012. He has to do 85% of his time. So he'll be home a little over 6 years.

koreyso
12-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Well my friend has been gone since 2003 and want be released until 2015:(, he said he'll probably serve 5 more years I don't know:confused: . He got a drug charge.

JohnBrandi4life
12-27-2005, 09:23 AM
My man is in for aggrevated sexual assualt...and he recieved 30 years and is not eligible until 2015 for parole.~~~Brandi

Spooksluv
12-27-2005, 12:34 PM
My luv is doing 8 years on a drug charge.He has already done 4 and he sees the board in April so maybe he will come home soon

flamered
12-27-2005, 03:29 PM
2nd & 3rd dwi, felon in firearm possession, eluding, resisting, bail jumping, probation violation...

Sentanced to 36months, has been in since august 18, 2005

BrunsonTX27
12-27-2005, 08:52 PM
My husband got a six year sentence for theft. Over $20,000 Under $100,000. He was charged for theft from a business. What had actually happened was that the company he was working for was hiding products and throwing away products to hide them from the big boss man. So, he took it from the trash and sold them on ebay. When they caught on the manager told him to make it go away and suspended him until further investigation. Well, in the mean time the big boss man was upset about the products and upset that the manager wasn't there half of the time and told him to press charges or he was going to press charges on him. So, there for my husband got the shaft. There was another person who was charged with the "Same Offense" and was given deferred adjudication. (Some think that it was a set up.) What do you think???

Tepee
12-27-2005, 09:09 PM
My boyfriend is in for attempted murder in the first and has eight more years to go. God willing he'll be home before that.

KarrieMI
12-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Gosh I cant remember all the charges
that Chuy has?
Let me see if I can remember them

this all resulted from a fight with his friends!
Home Invasion
ccw
4 counts of felony assult
Gosh I cant remember it all there
was 11 counts and they dropped it to 8 counts!
He got 9 and a half to 30
He's been in for almost 3 years now!

KarrieMI

Blueyez94
12-28-2005, 08:37 AM
My husband got 20 yrs for manslaughter, he has 8 1/2 yrs to go before he is home...

eve832
12-30-2005, 01:16 PM
My husband has been locked up since October 4, 2003. He got arrested at the park during my daughters 2nd birthday party, in front of my whole family. He was charged with home improvement fraud. He'll be home in July or August.

juddandkate
12-30-2005, 01:34 PM
My sweetie is currently in for supposed probation violation. :nono: :blah: He got 6 months and has done 3.5 already. He is going to be talking to the parole board today, because he has been eligible for parole for 2 weeks. He was originally in for manslaughter and served 10.5 years of a 20 year sentence. He got out 5.5 years ago from that. God-willing he will make parole today and be back home in a few weeks to his little girls.

Kate

Citrus1
12-30-2005, 02:04 PM
My man is serving time for Violation of Parole and the crime he did was stupid he was driving without a license out of state. Which he was in the wrong doing that, but now he is incarcerated in SCI Frackville. His time is almost up he will max out in March 2006. So it has been a long 2 years for me to deal with but I stuck by his side. I love my Boo! :dance:

Krys
12-30-2005, 02:08 PM
My man is awaiting trial on a charge of Murder One, facing 25-Life. So, he'll either walk or get life.

JohnsHeart
12-30-2005, 02:15 PM
My Fiance' was convicted of first degree murder when he was 15 , he is serving life without parole.

Waltsgirl
12-30-2005, 08:00 PM
My baby is down with the feds for 5 years with a concurrent 3 to 6 state sentence for possess with intent.

somissingmylove
12-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Mine got 15 years for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, but this is because the feds picked it up and he had a past. Seems so wrong that they can enhance a sentence for past crimes you already served your time for. :( Hoping our appeal goes well.

princesslaura79
12-30-2005, 11:39 PM
My man is serving time for forgey, cold checks, has 6 years but goes up for shock probation in 45 days.

waitingon2009
12-31-2005, 06:57 PM
My Man Is Serving Time In A State Prison For Forgery Has Until 2009

timeforchange
01-11-2006, 03:51 PM
My man is in there for burglary charges. He is doing a 15 year sentence.(Long Long Long Story) He will put in for the halfway house at the end of this year or he will see the parole board at the end of 2008 I think. I hope!

Cornie's Girl1
01-11-2006, 04:06 PM
My boyfriend was given a 20 year sentence in the federal prison for a drug charge. He has now served about 7 years. We have a 2255 pending. What's crazy is that he was given all that time for a non-violent conviction as well as it being his first time to get in trouble.

FranksWifey21
01-11-2006, 04:59 PM
My fiance is in prison for a parole violation, he received an 8 moth hit & has been doing 18 months up to current date. He's only waiting on a halfway house bed now.

His charge for doing the original time was armed burglary & did 4+ years for it.

mrs_d
01-11-2006, 05:03 PM
I have been reading everyone posts and all I can do is shake my head. My fiance got 40yrs for Dealing Cocain. They had no solid evidence, no survalince, or anything like that. They conned his babymomma into testifying against him, she got 20yrs. But they never mentioned in court that she got a deal. So we are going through appeals, other wise he will have to do 50% of his time. Indiana is SOOO harsh on drug crimes, but they do offer alot of things that will get you time cuts. So he is doing everything possible to get time cuts. So I'm praying for his lawyer to do his job and get the appeal through, all he wants is less time, he's not fighting to beat the case. Just the sentence.

robs_angel
01-11-2006, 06:46 PM
my hubby to be is in for 2 nd degree murder, we have done 3 yrs , we have 7 yrs til our first chance for parole :) 2013 , or at worst 14 yrs to discharge. Sentence was 10-34 yr he only has to do a % of that. We will make it, we are meant to be together , i will be here even if i have to wait the full 34 yrs !! I LOVE HIM !!

Kool_Aid
01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
My man is in for possesion of marijuana, forgery, and DWI#4. He got 5 years to run concurrently. We don't know when he will be coming hone----not soon enough.

caramelchika911
01-12-2006, 06:17 AM
My boyfreind in in for two charges 1:Att Murder w/a fiearm during commision of a felony and 2: Armed robbery. He's still being held in the county jail but he is facing 25 years to life. He's only 20 and i pray to god that they give him a good plea bargain or a break since it was his first offense as an adult.

VALRAYDONEZ
07-16-2006, 04:21 AM
My husband Ray has a 12 year sentence for Aggrivated Robbery, he's been incarcerated for almost 9 years now and he comes up for parole on 10-21-06 and I'm hoping that he will come home very soon!

miksbabygirl
07-16-2006, 10:11 AM
my sweetie is doing 45yrs for murder and he as done 5 yrs and 4mths up till now

mjksn75
07-16-2006, 08:47 PM
My husband is in for a probation violation, he got 1 year , cut in half to 6 months......but still has a pending charge against him, we'll find out this coming week if he gets anymore time

misscrys
07-16-2006, 10:17 PM
my husband just started his 12 year sentence for 2 counts of trafficking and 1 count of poss of firearm his first parole hearing is3/2010

SPANKY'S WIFEY
07-17-2006, 12:10 AM
MY HUSBAND IS IN FOR ASSULT WITH DEADLY WEAPON..HE GOT 15 YRS WITH 85%.. WE HAVE DONE 3 YRS. WE HAVE UNTIL 2016 :(..BUT I HOPE AND I PRAY EVERYTHING GOES GOODS ON HES APPEAL...

southerngal
07-17-2006, 08:47 AM
I can see the sentences vary based on the states and courts.
My guy put a bruise on someone's neck in 1987 and instead of assault, the DA pushed for attempted murder, so he got 20 years because he had a public defender.
So he didn't murder anyone and is still locked up with them.
Yes, my faith in the system has been bashed.
He is paroled, but not released.....:mad:

MissinMyMonkey
07-17-2006, 11:39 AM
my fiance is in for drug trafficking, he was very lucky when sentenced.

27 months, but should be out on parole in 12 months, i am counting down the days till we can be together again

____LadyB
07-23-2006, 11:04 PM
My man was sentenced to 10 years madatory. He'll be out in 2014. For Attemped murder in the first degree, and armed robbery.

Dark_Angel003
07-24-2006, 03:28 PM
My fiance's in for 2 mult.robbery charges and a mult. assault charge.They gave him a sentce of 14yrs and 4 months

MJG'S_B
07-26-2006, 03:08 PM
My BF is currently awaiting trial on charges of 1st degree murder, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated rape and armed robbery. So we're looking at Life w/o parole or Death.

neworleans85
07-26-2006, 09:59 PM
armed robbery... 10 years madatory

robbo's wife
07-27-2006, 12:03 AM
mine is in on a fifteen year sentence for four counts of agg robbbery. Prayin' everyday for an early parole.

confusedinohio
08-04-2006, 08:52 PM
My boyfriend was convicted of 7 counts of burglary, 2 tampering with evidence, 3 counts of theft, 3 counts of possession of criminal tools, 2 breaking and entering, and 3 safe cracking. He confessed to 3 burglaries that he did not do to take a deal of 12 years. He was otherwise looking at 48 i think. He has so far served 1 year and 2 months. That leaves 10 years and 10 months to go. He was previously convicted of burglary and so I believe that did not help him out at all.

HisOnlyPookie
08-04-2006, 10:38 PM
my boyfriend is in for drug and gun charges. 6 years. he was suppose to do do boot camp and be out by December 06. I just found out yesterday he was denied now his parole day is 4/15/2009. I hope he gets lots of good time and gets out sooner then that.

Paul'sGirl
08-05-2006, 11:12 AM
My husband was charged with possession of 815 grams of base cocaine and robbery. He got 27 1/2 years because he refused to snitch or "debrief" as they call it. He would've gotten 5 years, TOTAL, had he told on everybody but he's such a "stand up" guy. He couldn't bring himself to tell because he felt like he'd be a marked man once he got on the inside. So as a family we sucked it up and he's doing his time.

MKC
08-05-2006, 11:42 AM
My finace is was sentenced to 3 years on 2 counts of vehicular homicide...we're almost at the halfway point

Soly
08-05-2006, 03:48 PM
My husband Nelson has been in since 2004, and will be home within 57 days! Drug related. I am so excited that he will be in my arms and bed pretty soon.

ShelMark
08-05-2006, 04:03 PM
My husband is in for 7 years.... Masked armed robbery.

If he wouldn't of pled out then if we went through a trial he could of gotten life... I don't understand that because nobody was hurt and they really didn't have good evidence but seeing what he was looking at that was the best way to go....

Reading some of these posts just make me feel so good because I am reading people have 10 years, 25 years, 40 years and life but yet you all are sticking by your man through all that time!!! What devotion and unconditional love!!!!:thumbsup:

lh1436
08-05-2006, 04:11 PM
my boyfriend's awaiting trial for capital murder. if he's convicted, he's facing life without parole. we already know they won't seek the death penalty.

other state's are trying to get rid of the death penalty, mine put in a drive-thru. ~ron white on texas

MrsDavis
08-11-2006, 09:59 PM
OMG Honey dammmm, i am so sorry i can't even begin to think how you feel...Good Luck to you and your loved one...God Bless

MrsDavis
08-11-2006, 10:01 PM
OMG...my husband went back for violation of parole, having a pistola, and high speed chase in Riverside CA...he will be home in June 2007.

Mrs. Evans
08-14-2006, 12:26 PM
My stinka butt is in for armed robbery...handgun on person....con robbery...assualt 1st and 2nd degree...hangun use in committing crime....he been in since 2/14/2004...and mandatory release date is 12/19/2008....but he doesnt have to do all the time...you kno how the prison system is

WOO
08-14-2006, 01:10 PM
My stink has life w/parole +35 for 2nd degree murder (2) armed criminal action, (3) aggravted assaults. His trial was during an election period, he knew the person who commited the crime and the guy who actually did it plea bargained down to life without and said my guy put the plan in place.

Artavia's Wife
08-14-2006, 01:39 PM
MY HUSBAND IS IN FOR ASSULT WITH DEADLY WEAPON..HE GOT 15 YRS WITH 85%.. WE HAVE DONE 3 YRS. WE HAVE UNTIL 2016 :(..BUT I HOPE AND I PRAY EVERYTHING GOES GOODS ON HES APPEAL...

How did you figure out the percentage? :idea:

Artavia's Wife
08-14-2006, 01:48 PM
The love of my life is serving 16 years for delivery of a control substance in Texas. This is is third time being in TDC. His first parole date is August 2007.
I pray everyday that he makes it

BarrysGirl08
08-14-2006, 02:02 PM
My man was on parole and had 7 months left. while on parole he got a aggravated assault charge, a flee/attempt of elude, and a no proof of insurance charge. so he got them charges and had 7 months of parole left. hes been in since may of 05 and will remain there till march of 08.

MrsDavis
08-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Wow...i Send A Prayer For All Of Use...wow, I Feel Kinda Bad Whining About My Baby's Time...good Luck To All And God Bless...

MsHaze
08-14-2006, 10:35 PM
my mans in for wreckless endangerment,sentenced to 4 yrs,but he should be home by Feb of 07..he been in since may of 05

histrouble
08-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Assault w/ a deadly weapon he is serving 70 months and only got 13 left to go.

Miss Ing U
08-14-2006, 10:44 PM
My husband is in for evading and possesion of a control substance they gave him 7 years 4 months with 85%

sam'sgirl
08-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Sam is in for DUI - 5th offense.
He was sentenced to 9 months, hopefully less with good time.
He has to go to a halfway house when he is out for rehab...not sure how long yet....
He is on paper for 3 years running concurrent with his sentence.

thatwiz
08-15-2006, 01:08 PM
My man served three years for possession of a weapon and he rhymes about it on Masta Killa's new album-"the glock I bought along for the ride, I got knocked with it"
He's home now and all good, but has 5 years parole.

Helms2003
08-15-2006, 01:26 PM
my husband got his 3rd dui in 10years so he's in a 24 month program where he's suppose to do 7 months in prison, 2months HWH, 6 MONTHS OUTPATIENT, remainder probation.

missbklyncutie
08-15-2006, 01:31 PM
these are all touching stories

Munequita
08-15-2006, 01:33 PM
My boyfriend was sentenced 12 years with good behavior 10 He has already done 6 and 3 months. he will be out in about 3 years and 9 months. I can't wait.:D

Munequita
08-15-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm sorry I forgot why? He is serving for drug content and for violating parole.

missbklyncutie
08-15-2006, 01:35 PM
My man made a direct sale to an undercover cop. For $10 in marked money he was given a 2 -4. He has been in 11 months and is up for parole in November. I am keeping my fingers and everything else crossed.

sweettea23
08-15-2006, 03:34 PM
If you dont mind me asking, I was just curious as to what your men are serving time for and how long will they be incarcerated? You dont have to share if you feel uncomfortable, I was just wondering. My boyfriend is serving 1 year for a violation of probation. He was on a 5 year probation for stealing a car with his friend back when he was 21. 4 months before his probation was up he got a dwi which violated him. He went to court October 16, his 26th birthday, and was sentenced to a year. Now that I shared my story.... would anyone like to share theirs?

My husband just got a 4 year sentance or DWI 4th in May2006. His attorney told him he would come on his first review date which is October 2006 since he had 18 months back time. The SOB didn't make sure all of it was granted so now they only show like 5 months. He has never been to tdc so what do you guys think the chances are on him coming home after the first review. :confused:

sweettea23
08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
My husband just got a 4 year sentance or DWI 4th in May2006. His attorney told him he would come on his first review date which is October 2006 since he had 18 months back time. The SOB didn't make sure all of it was granted so now they only show like 5 months. He has never been to tdc so what do you guys think the chances are on him coming home after the first review. :confused:

Eternal Friend
08-18-2006, 03:36 PM
my man got 2 to 20 years for delivery of a schedule II controlled substance, and 2 counts of delivery of a schedule III controlled substance. All 3 ran concurrent. Then after that 5 years supervised probation. The sad part is it was a life long friend that ratted him out.

RATS!!!!!!!!

Jas0n'S girL 05
08-18-2006, 04:12 PM
my boyfriend is in jail right now for violating home confinement in '03 and just now got arrested for it in may '06 the only reason he got caught was for speeding if not he'd be home right now. umm he had a presentence of 1-5 years and on his sentencing july 14th the judge gave him 1-5 years with about 17 months down now. here in wv you only have to do 50% of your time so the most he'll have to do is 30 months so he has about a year to do left. he hasnt gotten his time sheet yet, so we aren't really sure how much time he has really down yet, but no more then a year and about 2 months, but he is eligable for parole so were hoping soon he'll go in front and get it, since the crime he did was being an accessory in a stolen car and it wasnt voilent maybe they will take it easy on him..

but good luck to everyone and its great to see alot of you standing by your guys even knowng they have to do 10,25+ years thats awesome and shows you truly love them (:

Melissa1987
08-19-2006, 03:15 AM
Rick is in jail for repeatedlly driveing and drinking. like 3 times they took him to jail but just for about 3 days. But this time hes in there for 6 months.

bradswife2005
08-19-2006, 11:20 PM
My husband was originally in jail on a class be felony for possession of meth within a thousand feet of a public park. Actually he was 14oo feet from the park, but they don't care. He got 6 years, 5 to be served on probation, serve a year in county. He came home after 6 months and after 8 months on probation, they violated him for not being able to pay his fines. 2 years do 1 in work release if he had a job. The county that we live in, does not accept drug offenders for their program, so he applied at a different county and got accepted. He had completed all his treatment and was still going to NA, but the courts did not care. Now he has a little less than 11 months left of his sentence. He takes his GED test next month so he will actually be home in March at the latest. If we get his fines paid, they will release him back to probation. We still owe $2,000, but we will have that paid by Thanksgiving. So hopefully, he will be home before our 1 year wedding anniversary (NOV.28th)

Ericalex
08-20-2006, 05:09 AM
My husband is doing 15 flat for 2 counts of poss w/ intent in Louseyana... He's done almost 7 and has another 6 to go... He had two prior felonies for poss so he took a plea because his lawyer told him he would be facing life if it went to trial...

rfpm16
10-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Armed Robbery, conspiracy, and 1st degree/2nd degree assault.

paradice803
10-12-2006, 11:38 AM
MY BOYFRIEND WAS CHARGED WIT "COMMAN LAW ROBBERY"
HE HAD TO DO 3 YEARS W/O PAROLE.
~HE COMES HOME NEXT MONTH!~

sweetme67846
10-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Michael will be in there for abotu 4 years all together. He is in there for probabtion violation. I love him sooo much i have been with him for 11 years and i will be there till the end of time with him

donutandpickle
10-12-2006, 01:34 PM
my boyfriends in for armed robbery..he got 10 years has to serve 85% so 8 1/2 years

nmeis
10-12-2006, 01:57 PM
My man is serving his 36 months he got for violating his parole by not keepin a job and gattin a dirty UA. He originally did 5 for conspiracy or intent (not sure) on crack cocaine.

dbt1979
10-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Murder- Death Penalty

MrsCarpenter
10-12-2006, 03:03 PM
My husbands gone for Manslaughter for 15 years. He is still in reception so you all know i have a long way to go...

Newmama87
10-12-2006, 04:17 PM
My baby dad is in centinela state prison for, his orginal charge attempted murder, then they lowered the charge to assult with a deadly weapon and he was sentenced to fours years with half time. I mean considering the offense he could have got more than four years. But at the time i was pregnant and miserable because he was gone i was like NO NO NO why???. But i prayed everyday and every night and you know what prayer works. It really do. So he has been in prison for a total of 15 months on the 28th of october. I believe he should be getting out sometime next year. Either way it goes i cant WAIT!!! ladies!! listen I CANT WAIT!!! till he comes home because i will never let him go again without saying i love you.--- Patiently waiting for 2007

zachashdor
10-12-2006, 08:48 PM
HI, my husband went to jail on July 1, 2005 he was driving his work truck fell asleep at the wheel and hit a bicyclist and this person was badly injured. He was arrested immediately, has never been arrested. In March 2006 he recieved his sentence he got 5 years and 1 month. He has to serve that is his 85% time. Well life sucks without my husband even though I still get to see him at visits. I try to get through life one day at a time. It is very hard at times, thank god for my two children.

MarlaInLasVegas
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
My sweetheart is in for 1 ciunt of rape and 5 counts of Gross sexual imposititon. He recieved 7 years. All charges are bogus and he is in appeal now.

UNEXPECTED
10-17-2006, 08:10 PM
My husband got eight years for trafficking charges.

irshnrse
10-17-2006, 08:43 PM
RICO stuff-awaiting sentencing. Supposed to be between 360 months and life--federal time.:(

NaievNewlywed
10-19-2006, 08:30 PM
He was sentenced to 3 years for posession of methamphetamine and paraphanalia. He's been gone 15 months.

libby_mcbride
10-20-2006, 02:24 AM
My hubby got 5 years for robbery. He robbed a convenient store and was looking at 32 years for aggrivated robbery before he plead down. But it looks like he will get out next May. Finally, the wait is coming to an end.