View Full Version : Another dress code change @ Donovan!

his#1 bball fan
12-01-2008, 11:10 AM
When I went to visit yesterday I learned that now we can't wear brown :mad: They kept sending people back to change because they had khaki colored pants on. I asked the ladies at Su Casa and they said no color of brown was to be allowed anymore. Their cubby holes were full of pants this color that people had to go exchange because they weren't allowed to go through by visiting CO's.

If anyone is interested in sending the ombudsman a letter complaining of these changes they keep making (as I am) address it to Karin Richter:

Office of the Ombudsman
1515 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
Fax (916) 324-8263
email: karin.richter@cdcr.ca.gov

From my understanding, these changes have to be approved by Sacramento first and Donovan is not following the proper procedures. There is no acting warden yet, so this is why I was told to send our complaints straight to Sacramento. A few weeks ago they started with the flip flops and now no brown? :angry:

sunniegurl07
12-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Unfortunately, brown is not allowed at most institutions. I had inquired on this, too, and while they weren't enforcing the policy, they never changed it (brown / tan has always been a restricted color). Kitchen workers wear brown, and in the olden days, MTAs wore brown, too. Donovan's visiting rules specifically state that you can not wear the colors of any staff member. Even if they allow some people to get through with the color on, it doesn't mean that they've changed the policy. It's unfortunate they decided to start enforcing the policy, though, this weekend because a lot of people were turned away.

angie2007
12-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Unfortunately, brown is not allowed at most institutions. I had inquired on this, too, and while they weren't enforcing the policy, they never changed it (brown / tan has always been a restricted color). Kitchen workers wear brown, and in the olden days, MTAs wore brown, too. Donovan's visiting rules specifically state that you can not wear the colors of any staff member. Even if they allow some people to get through with the color on, it doesn't mean that they've changed the policy. It's unfortunate they decided to start enforcing the policy, though, this weekend because a lot of people were turned away.

Okay....so here's the question of the day.... What can you wear??? :rolleyes: I have not yet visited Donovan, however am planning on doing so during Christmas week. I guess it won't matter if our visit is behind glass but if he finally gets transferred out of Reception by then, what in the world are you allowed to wear?? I have read through the visiting guidelines and had to laugh because it seems like they banned my entire wardrobe :D Thanks for any tips!!! :thumbsup: I remember visiting my husband at Tehachapi (okay so it was like 20 years ago) and I could wear black/blue jeans, skirts, dresses, red/blue tops - my goodness how times have changed! :p

JustNoBody
12-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Just wear Black...black, and black----- dickie type pants work, nothing to tight- and enclosed toe shoes.

bubalee2
01-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Just so you know the same rules apply for the wardrobe for visits behind glass too... Don't know why but it is the same dress rules for non contact visits...

gothica
01-05-2009, 04:00 PM
i have been aware of this change for a while at rjd, atleast for a month now.

his#1 bball fan
01-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Ever since Ken paid Donovan a visit they've allowed us to wear brown again and khaki colored pants again. That one Sunday I went, the CO's were sending back even dark brown but not anymore. The ladies at Su Casa confirmed this as well the week after. Also the sandals, we can wear them again as long as they do not look like the black shower sandals the inmates wear :)

One more thing, they just recalibrated the metal detector a couple weeks ago and it has been super sensitive to all metal. I didn't have to take my rings off before and now I do before going through it. Plus I've seen some women not get through the metal detector and they look like they were baffled at why :eek:. Always bring an extra pair of clothes I always say :)