View Full Version : How should I prepare?

happyjello
11-28-2008, 10:59 AM
HI all,
I have a CPO coming to do a home visit next week for PFV. How should I prepare? what should I say, what should I not say?
basically what should I really expect? we have not been common law in 8-9 years and just got back together last year.

I really don't want to mess this up, I am so nervous.
Is she going to snoop through my house and stuff, or ask me something that is going to stump me?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
**Thanks**
:)

Missing Someone
11-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Be honest. They won't snoop through your house. They will ask you things like do you know his crime, his past, his family, how long you have been together, what support role you see yourself in, I was asked if I would report illegal behaviour.

Mine visit was for a different reason, and honestly I got myself all worked up over nothing. They were polite, friendly and tried to make me feel at ease. He did however have to check in with the phone. He said that at certain times they have to verify where they are to make sure everything is okay and if they don't - well someone comes looking for them. I am such a danger LOL.

If you know him, then there shouldn't be anything that stumps you and if you don't know, just tell them you don't know.

I didn't really prepare. My house is usually clean. I had some bottles of wine on the pantry and I left them there - he doesn't have a drinking restriction so he didn't seem concerned about it.

I hope you have a nice, calm visit.

Fancy1
11-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Its not as bad as your imagination lets it be! LOL
During my visit my kids were tearing around like wild animals (nothing new there) and the phone kept ringing!
They make sure you know any past criminal stuff, what he's in for now ect. I was also asked if I thought he needed any kind of mental help (depression ect) and he will ask if there is anything you want to add, off the record. Just be honest, and relax! Your man will get a copy of the report made, and hopefully you get your visits quickly.
Oh, one more thing, in the report made, he/she will list observations about you as a support person. I had a negative against me (just one!) He said I showed a lack of victim empathy. That kind of pissed me off, because I didn't commit the crime, and what he did messed up my life pretty bad. So I felt (at the time) that I could be classified in the victim section too.
Anyway, enough about me, good luck to you!

happyjello
12-08-2008, 05:19 AM
well tomorrow is the big day.....wish me luck.

spacecase77
12-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Good luck, I'm sure it will be fine.
One things a lot of people told me was to answer questions honestly, but try not to go too far with extra info, that's probably good advice, but I'm sure you'll know depending on the question if you want to elaborate on anything.
I was really worried before-hand but it ended up going quite well (I think).