View Full Version : Please help with probation inquiries!

silverdy357
11-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Hello all, just a simple question to those who may know the answer. I am 17 and I was arrested for possession of marijuana (2 grams) and trespassing. I was temporarily sent to the STATE jail, but shortly released for a $5000 bail. First of all, why so much for bail? and why the state jail? I'm a first time offender...
Anyways, I went to court and was put on 6 months drug testing/ probation. My probation officer said that we would meet every 2 weeks for at least 4 months. I gave him my contact information, and went home. I never heard from him again. Could this just be because of the lack of severity of my case? Or was I somehow supposed to set these meetings up/ is it a big deal? Also, I have been drinking while on probation, but completely stopped smoking. Every time I have to go take a test, I drink excessive amounts of water. My main question is : If I had failed any of my 7 tests so far, would I be notified (I.E: warrant for arrest, etc.?) or would I find out on the day of court? Any responses would ease my extremely worried mind. Thanks !

angel mathews
11-22-2008, 11:20 AM
I really do not know how probation works but you may want check out this site Prison Legal Help! (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72) they may be able to help you out best of luck to you