View Full Version : Long term residential program

tammy21175
11-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone,
My hunny was granted parole with a January 3rd release date. But he needs to find a long term residential program. He has applied to about 20 around the state and only heard from 3 or 4. I have tried calling and speaking to people in charge and of course all I get is voicemail. Does anyone have any suggestions??

tammy21175
12-31-2008, 06:04 PM
This parole to a program is killing me!! He got accepted into a local one and like i had said his release date is this saturday, 1/3/09, but of course there wont be a bed available until next month sometime. It feels like this is gonna take forever!! Oh well, just wanted to complain a bit. We have been doing this 4 years and almost 9 months, we can do another month!!

parole_help_123
01-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Tammy, getting a bed is tough. Getting an interview set from jail is tough too. Usually the IPO will let an inmate with a reserve use a phone for a phone interview, but some LTRTs only conduct in person interviews. If your honey is in Shirley (Med), for example, it might be hard for the program itself to make a trip way down the "Route 2 Corridor."

Looking at your posts, I take it your honey is state. It also looks as if he got a bed held for him for next month. I know this sounds bad, but his "reserve" date of 1-3-09, merely means the earliest date he can be released--not THE day. (It would've been Monday the fifth, in that case, as IPOs do not work on Saturday.)

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help more. I'll check this once or twice a week when I'm off duty.

tammy21175
01-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Thank you so much for responding! Yes, he has been accepted and is just waiting for a parole bed to open up. Looks like there will be some graduating in 5 weeks or so. The man that is in charge of the beds is very nice and answers any questions that I have called him with.

I was mainly just "complaining" in my post, because we hate that he is there even though he doesnt "have to be"!! His program is MUCH closer to home and let me tell you, I will not miss that drive!!

Thanks again!!