View Full Version : Any thoughts - Which Tenn. Prisons are Best/Worst?

CINDYinIN
12-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Which Tennessee prisons do you think are the "worst" and which are "best" for inmates? (guards, visits, phones, packages and stuff)

herewithoutyou
12-13-2003, 09:33 AM
I don't know about sate prisons but I can say SEVIER COUNTY SUCKS

Girliebomb
12-14-2003, 10:36 AM
West Tennesse is good , but shelby county jail sucks a**

MissingScottTN
03-12-2004, 12:54 AM
GB yeah 201 in Shelby county (where scott and i are from) is horrible!!!! he had to stay there a week before WTSP. My dad also has been to that one for awhile before he got transfered.

flchickie
04-06-2004, 08:33 PM
My son is at wtsp .. in transit... he says it is a decent place. The food is good but not enought of it. He has been there three weeks and hasn't seen any big problems. He would like to be able to stay at Wtsp but they tell hem you have to have less than 5 years to serv. I've heard a lot of bad things about Whitesville. Steve calls Northwest Tn Pen the ThunderDome. Says there are fights there daily. and the guys spend a lot of time in lock down. He does not want to go there. Does anyone know if there is a way to get him back to East Tn? I live in Fl and it is a 15 hr drive to WTSP and NW would be even futher! Who can I call or write to, so he can go back to east Tn? Really Really need some advice on this Please!

imissmylove
04-07-2004, 02:26 PM
You could call up Nashville. The classification division the man number is (615) 741-1000 and put in ext. 4035 to get ahold of Howard Cook hes over classification. He should be able to do something about it. But I think alot of places are getting over crowded I hope you get him moved. Whiteville is awful, my hunny was there before he got transferred to WTSP, which he likes better. He always complained about the food b.c they serve them fake meat and hardly anything but since hes been moved to WTSP he said they serve good food hes been eating like a horse. The guards are terrible down Whiteville treats everyone sh*tty. I hope you get him moved flchickie, I was hoping my man would be moved to East Tennessee but nope he had to be still far away from me. Well WTSP is letting my man stay but I guess its b.c he gets out shortly but he had less than 5 years and he does now, I don't know I think they just tell them that. Hope you can get your son moved. God bless.

flchickie
04-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Becky,
Thank you so much for the phone number. Don't know if it will help, But I'm sure going to try.
Fl Chickie aka Trish

Thumper81
04-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Well lets just say West High (WSTP) is the fnnnnn Hilton compared to Whiteville prison. My husband was at wstp for 3 months then transferred to wcf. Its a private facility and only treat them like humans on days tdoc is there. EVERYONE calls northwest THE THUNDERDOME because its not just fights its stabbings shanks drugs all over and visiting is wild too i have an in law there. The only way to get him to e tenn is if theres a bed open and his classification isn't above medium. I know my husband and I are from E.TN and he cant move there too crowded.

imissmylove
04-13-2004, 12:44 PM
I hate Whiteville Correctional Facitlity. They don't know nothing that goes on there. The guards bring in drugs for the inimates to sell. They treat them like crap down there too. I was wanting them to move my fiance' to E. Tennessee but they didn't that would have been closer to me since I live in kingsport. See before they moved my man from Whiteville they moved a bunch from there to E. Tenn. that might be the reason their so full.

imissmylove
04-13-2004, 12:45 PM
If you need any info. on Whiteville I'll tell you a few stuff I know just PM me if you want anytime. ;)

ChristaPikefan
05-12-2004, 07:49 AM
hello can anyone tell me how the Tennessee prison for women is?
is it possible to sent money to a friend there?

ryhno1203
06-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Which Tennessee prisons do you think are the "worst" and which are "best" for inmates? (guards, visits, phones, packages and stuff)
NECC WAS A GOOD PRISON. WARDEN CARLTON IS VERY FAIR