View Full Version : Woohooo!!!! Call Forwarding to the Cellular Phone works!

GaPeach352002
03-25-2002, 07:29 AM
Just had to share with you guys my good news from this past Friday. My husband calls me everynight as late as he can but sometimes I just don't make it home in time to get his call.

Well this past week I added call forwarding to my home phone and on Friday night when I knew I wouldn't be home in time I forwarded the home phone to my cell phone... and IT WORKED!!! I have free weekend minutes on my cell phone so I am curious as to how this call will show on my cellphone bill.

Anyway... it's a great device cause I got to go and visit him last night and forwarded the phone again so after our visit he could talk to me while I drove the 45 minutes home.

Kinda felt like old times chatting with him on my drive home! I think it made him feel good to cause he heard me pull into the garage and could visualize where i was, etc. during my drive home.

Gotta love it!

David
03-25-2002, 07:30 AM
Is he calling collect? I bet he does like being "on the road" with you. :)

GaPeach352002
03-25-2002, 09:48 AM
Yep... all the calls have to come collect.. no 800#'s or calling cards (or that's what they told them). But i'm going to buy a calling card this week and send him the #'s... who knows, maybe it will work!

Amelia
03-25-2002, 12:02 PM
I have fowarded Stephen's calls to my cell when I take the kids to the beach and stuff and it is billed to my home #..Stephen is allowed to have a phone card if it from the local phone company ... still gets billed to you but not as a collect call....something to look into..

bella
03-25-2002, 03:28 PM
I've been using this nice device for a long time. I alleviates the constant feeling of I have to get home. He also calls me on my way home and it is nice to be able to talk to him during regular daily rituals. The call shows up on your phone bill as it normally would and on you cell phone it is just another incomming call. Works out well :).

sherri13
03-25-2002, 04:59 PM
Hey guys-I am going to add call-forwarding to my phone tomorrow--I'll let you know if it works!

sherri

Amelia
03-25-2002, 08:57 PM
GOod luck Sherri hope it works for you!!

bman
04-07-2002, 10:28 AM
Why can't they just call your cell phone directly?

Amelia
04-07-2002, 02:23 PM
Cell phones can't accept collect calls..at least the ones I have had

loosielucy
05-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been scammed big time by MCI and I have created
an online petition that I would like to ask you to
sign. The URL is at the end of this document.

I will be turning a copy of this signed petition in
with my formal complaint that I am filing with the
California Public Utilities Commission.

Also, if you visit at a prison, please print this out,
gather as many signatures as possible, and please (I
will pay for postage) forward it to me at:

Political Injustice
530 Lawrence Expressway
Mail Box 392
Sunnyvale, CA 94085

Thank you so much for all your assistance. We need to
bring this issue to a head again, it seems all the
lawsuits in the world are not going to make MCI
conform to legal terms set by the previous lawsuits by
UCAN and the Prison Law Office.

http://www.webpetitions.com/cgi-bin/print_petition.cgi?12423430329

=====

CARLAxoxoxTODD
05-25-2002, 08:04 PM
Everytime I log online, I forward the home phone to the cell... it is a greeat convenience! Never miss a call!

vnvdvc
05-25-2002, 10:31 PM
what does it say on your home phone bill when the calls are forwarded to a cell? do the calls even show on your home bill or just the cell bill?

Pam
05-26-2002, 01:12 AM
If it is during your free time on your cell it is not going to show up except on your home phone. If it is NOT free time on your cell it will be a double bill showing on both.

Pam
05-26-2002, 01:14 AM
Another thing too is some prisons systems correctional calls are set up so that if you forward a call it will automatically cut the inmate off. Each system is different. This is the same as I was talking about earlier witih the little messages that some or you are allowed to get where all we get is recordings.

BillnDenise
05-26-2002, 08:59 AM
Billy can call directly to my cell phone...as long as he pays for it. I thought that my bill would be high, but no...since I have free phone minutes it was only $40 instead of my usual $25. That's because we went over my minutes with a couple of calls. I'm so glad that he can call that way. :wave:

Shortie
05-27-2002, 02:48 PM
that is really good.. i am glad that he can call you...

bookgirl
05-27-2002, 05:38 PM
I've been forwarding calls from my home phone to my cell for quite a while, and I love the convenience. When I'd visit relatives during the holidays, the Yankee couldn't call me there. Now, he just calls my home number, and the calls go through to my cell.

The charges go to the home phone, and they are the same charges as if I am talking to him on my home phone. The only extra charge I've run into is this. My cell phone number comes from a neighboring (larger) city, so it is long distance from my home phone. I will get an extra charge on my home phone for forwarding the call, and that's about $1 per call. I wouldn't have that forwarding charge if the cell phone were a local number.

I called several cellular services before I got my phone to see if any of them allowed collect calls, and none of them did. They said it wasn't economically feasible. But, the call forwarding works like a charm!

Try it...you'll like it!!

;)

soraya
05-28-2002, 03:18 AM
thanks a lot. I wondered how they'd do it with the costs, if they'd charge on the mobile phone or not. knowing this, we never have to miss another call anymore

DJohnson
05-28-2002, 09:06 AM
Call forwarding is GREAT!! I think about how many calls I would have missed if not for that!! I love when EJ will call me during the day while I am at work for a 1/2 hour he makes me happy & the place I work in is much more bearable!!

D

CREAMYALMONDZ
05-28-2002, 09:51 AM
I do that to when I'm at work, I forward my home phone to my work phone it only gets billed to your home phone but I don't know how they would do it on your cell phone.

love muffin
05-28-2002, 09:59 AM
When someone from inside calls you on your home number and your home number is forwarded to your cel you will have two things.

1. A call from the prison will be on your home phone bill

2. Your minutes will be used on your cel phone for the call.

Make sure if you use this alot that you have alot of minutes to cover these calls and you do not have roaming charges if the call is coming from outside your calling area.

If you do not have enough minutes to cover these calls then you will end up paying out the (you know what).

I learned this the hard way, by having a $600.00 cel phone bill.

DJohnson
05-28-2002, 10:10 AM
Renee...opps girl $600?!?!?

I am lucky with my cell phone company I get free incoming minutes so when EJ calls it just doesn't take up any of my minutes.

Now my home phone bill on the other hand....let's not talk about that...hee hee!!

D

CREAMYALMONDZ
05-29-2002, 12:17 PM
Make sure you don't neglect the home phone bill even if you're using your cell phone cause it's charged both ways! Wouldn't want them to put a block on the phone! ;-)

DJohnson
05-29-2002, 12:40 PM
Oh I know girl...I am actually dreading my home phone bill this month. Now that EJ is able to make more calls & they last a 1/2 hour I have no idea how much they are going to charge for those calls.
It's hard though with not being able to see him as much. Him calling me so much helps the both of us in not missing 1 another as much! I think I need to get me a 2nd job just for my phone bill...haa haa!!

Diona

CREAMYALMONDZ
05-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Yeah I'm scared to get mine too. He pays the phone bill though. It's good you can talk to him for 1/2 hour instead of 15 mintues. That's cool!

vnvdvc
05-29-2002, 01:53 PM
Is it possible to make collect calls to a cell phone directly??

DJohnson
05-29-2002, 01:56 PM
vnvdvc...

No because the phone has to be a land line phone. Cell phones don't have any type of lines coming in anywhere. It sucks because I could split my phone bill then 1/2 cell & 1/2 home.

vnvdvc
05-29-2002, 01:59 PM
oh well....sigh!

jessy
04-20-2004, 08:35 PM
my husband calls to the cell prepaid, and i have a cricket, so far that works well, i havent gotten a bill for it, but cheers to call forwarding, making a call to my phone company tomorrow, that way i can add call forwarding, and my hubby can bug me everywhere I am. HAHAHA. Thanks all for the info. JESSY

jessy
04-20-2004, 08:38 PM
also, here in colorado i find that if i send him money to call prepaid it turns out to be cheaper than if he calls collect, if he calls prepaid it costs him 5.25 for 20 minutes, if he calls collect it costs 7.25 for 20 minutes, saves 2.00 and on about 3 calls prepaid its like earning an extra call. JESSY

jessy
04-20-2004, 08:49 PM
my husband calls to the cell prepaid, and i have a cricket, so far that works well, i havent gotten a bill for it, but cheers to call forwarding, making a call to my phone company tomorrow, that way i can add call forwarding, and my hubby can bug me everywhere I am. HAHAHA. Thanks all for the info. JESSY

jessy
04-20-2004, 08:50 PM
boy am i behind the times, look at all the previous posts to mine hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah jessy