View Full Version : Okay, Who Works Out?

speed_addiction
12-11-2003, 04:01 PM
I was just interested. Does anyone here work-out? If so, what do you do?

I jump rope and hit a heavy bag every morning. Do some kicking drills (I have a black belt in Taekwondo) and some katas with my katana (Samurai sword) every morning. Three times a week I throw in some push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups.

During the summer I go for a run a few times a week in the evenings, mostly to exercise my dog.

All this still does not keep me from being a pudgy bastard, though.

Dougsgirl
12-11-2003, 04:10 PM
i work out every day with my personal trainer at peak fitness. i do that for modeling. i mainly do sit ups.
Mande

cajunlady
12-11-2003, 06:06 PM
I do. That is... when I can get motivated. These days motivation is hard to come by.

Lucy

dkr55
12-11-2003, 06:12 PM
i am trying to get started slowly but surely, my arthritis keeps me from standing any longer than touching my toes 50 times, but i need to get rid of this spare tire, it's not one of those little donut tires but more like one of those 11-24-5 tires off an 18 wheeler! got to do alot to put it back on the truck that lost it,lol

~cheenna~
12-11-2003, 06:31 PM
I work out 5 days a week ... nothing special, just a general rotation, with light weights, 5-8 lbs. upper and lower body and stretching.

MiamiChica22
12-11-2003, 06:36 PM
I run three or four times a week, usually 4-6 miles. I dream of running a marathon one day!

Valkyrie
12-11-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm getting back into it after slacking off for a loooong time. We just moved and I got our home gym out of storage. We've got a power rack and an Olympic bar, with a high and low cable thing attached, and some hex dumbells. This takes up like a third of the living room but I don't mind.

I'm still kinda putzing around with it - haven't gotten back into a routine yet, but what I intend to do is basicly bodybuilding style, that is, 8 to 12 reps done almost to failure. I say almost because I really can't risk getting injured right now. I intend to do this about every other day for about an hour. And eat lots of protein and less sugar (riiight...).

This approach worked pretty well for me several years ago, I wish I hadn't stopped. It's fun once you get into it but getting back into it is hard, especially when you work an irregular schedule.

samiam158
12-11-2003, 06:50 PM
ok speed are you kidding us...work out?? refridgerator lunge...deep knee bend to pottie...umm what is the rest of the work out????

speed_addiction
12-11-2003, 07:46 PM
I actually had the cops called on me when I first got here. Someone called the police about some nut waving a sword outside.

justjane
12-11-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm an exercise junky. Walking 3 miles a day 6 days a week and weight training 3-4 days a week. I used to swim 1-2 miles a day 7 days a week on top of all that but I wrecked my shoulder. I'm trying to find a good t'ai chi class that works with my schedule too. Took a class a couple of years ago and loved it! Unfortunately I still have short legs, big boobs and wide hips. :D

MsAloha1018
12-11-2003, 08:18 PM
So sorry but I'm a lazy butt. I did work out when my honey first got back on island. I lost 30 pounds too. But I started slacking lately. I've just been able to maintain the recent weight loss, thank God. But come January I'm back on the wagon, which is 30 minutes a day, 2-3 times a week over at Curves for Women. Also walking a couple of miles on either Saturday or Sunday, depending.

jojo71
12-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Never had a problem with weight till I hit 30...UGH!!!...I am trying to get into some sort of routine but...sigh...does exercising my fingers on the keyboard count???...LMAO...:)...

HAPPY NIGHT!!!:)

decochick
12-11-2003, 09:21 PM
I do Pilates

redphoenixx
12-11-2003, 09:27 PM
I just started working out. We have a work out room at my job, so I figure not using it was just a waste. Need to loose lots of weight. People have asked me, "What's your goal weight?" Goal weight? I can't think that far ahead! It's too depressing!

louise1120
12-11-2003, 09:32 PM
I run on my treadmill 5 days a week and I do 85 sit ups a day, I am trying to get to a 100 because I heard Britney Spears does 100 a day and I would love her abs!

lovinbilly4ever
12-11-2003, 10:00 PM
my trainer (use to make) me do the treadmill, stairclimber..leg presses (150 lbs..depending on how my back is)...arm stuff.
although i took a little break...but, next week i start back up :D oh i only do like 3 days a week. usually tues-thurs. :D

PIMAKAT
12-11-2003, 11:55 PM
I do the routine at Curves for Women 3-4 times per week.

flygirlaa2
12-12-2003, 12:00 AM
NO real scheduel. I do Bikram Yoga twice a week and walk regularly. I also ride my bike to work as often as possiable. I like to go hiking with the dogs. Oh yeah, and occasionally I hump a tire or two at work.

ToughTimes
12-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Yep -- I work out. I walk from the bedroom to the PTO/computer chair!! :D

There USED to be sex .... but yeah, THAT stopped when Trey went back to jail and when I broke up with my last boyfriend. :(

Really -- I have done the Curves thing but got bored with that really fast!! I would like to join a gym, but no money right now. I do Walk Away the Pounds, and take walks with the doggie sometimes. I have to get back in gear come 2004....

Someone get me M O T I V A T E D ! ! !

Chevygal55
12-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Work Out???? Hmmmm what's that? :D

Joanna
12-12-2003, 01:57 AM
Yep I have started back Thai Boxing and yoga every day after work if I can

LucidDream
12-12-2003, 03:02 AM
I do pilates, walk, lift weights.....

yeah right! lol OK, I use to work out all the time, I was married to a body builder, but I no longer do. :( I do want to start back up though. I reeeeeally don't like how my body looks. I'm a procrastinator though...so maybe tomorrow...

speed_addiction
12-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by LucidDream
I'm a procrastinator though...so maybe tomorrow...

Well, you know this is National Procrastination Week!:D It was supposed to be last week, but It go put off for a few days.

caprione
12-12-2003, 10:25 PM
I work out... of the house.....

ok, ok, I walk a lot, I don't have a real workout routine, though, I am trying to learning pilates, I DO have a treadmill.
Caprione.

Ms.Heather
12-13-2003, 01:51 AM
I do work out reguarly... I don't go to the gym, but I've been taking kickboxing classes for 2 years, I do alot of rollerblading... and I play tennis 3 times a week. I did pilates for awhile but I would rather just go out and play tennis or kickbox.

LucidDream
12-13-2003, 03:52 AM
LOL...speed!
sounds about on target! :D

Patty
12-13-2003, 04:26 AM
if by working out you mean the fact that ocassionally I reboot my computer then yes I work out!! LoL
Patty

mrsdragoness
12-13-2003, 06:38 AM
I work out 3-4 days a week, sometimes more. I go OUT the door and go to WORK. :D

Seriously, I need to start some sort of exercise program especially since being diagnosed with diabetes. I'm thinking about getting another dog. I know when I used to walk Drake I was dropping off some weight. But I don't want another dog as big and agressive as Drake. He took ME for walks not the other way around!

Sally

sunrise
12-13-2003, 07:04 AM
I used to be religious about working out but found I wasn't enjoying it anymore. So now I excercise my arms opening the fridge door, and my legs kicking off my slippers to put my feet up!! I did a cross-stitch picture of a sleepy dog and it says ' Never put of to tomorrow what you can do...the day after tomorrow!' I know I should do more, I will one day but as I'm 5'10" and only 125lbs there's not much motivation.

Anne

shortstuff_13
12-13-2003, 09:26 AM
exercise? I gave it up for safety. I could get hurt in this neighborhood and somebody could fall down laughing and hurt themselves!!

lulu
12-13-2003, 09:32 AM
we are trying to do something to help tone the belly :)
I dont want to lose weight, but need to tone my belly a little, so deos hubby

flygirlaa2
12-14-2003, 05:05 PM
I was about to say lulu, lol. If lulu loses any wieght, she will have to run around in the shower just to get wet. :D

lulu
12-14-2003, 05:09 PM
lmbo. fly your to much. I do have a belly though :( my hubby and i both do,. sheesh, i finally gian weight, and it aint going where i want it too,. LOL