View Full Version : Tx: Visits will resume on wednesday at polunksy. - Texas Prison

whisky 23
11-11-2008, 05:06 AM
TX: VISITS WILL RESUME ON WEDNESDAY AT POLUNKSY.
Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:16PM

VISITS WILL RESUME ON WEDNESDAY AT POLUNKSY.

The lockdown ends on Wednesday.

Just called again to clarify and was told that visits start Wednesday. Of course, on Wednesday it is press day so visits are only in the morning, from 8-12 noon.

Thanks to all who helped put the pressure on Texas officials to end this ridiculous lockdown. The Abolition Movement will continue to work around the isolation and mind-destroying conditions on Texas' death row.

Please keep in touch and join our list if you want to stay involved in fighting conditions!

putergirl
11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Well I finally got to visit my husband this past Saturday!! There was a big sign out front advertising a job fair. Guess they got rid of a bunch of people due to this cell phone fiasco.
Anyway, they really searched my car and gave me a pat down. I had to take off my shoes and sweater too.
The vending machines kept breaking because I guess they were "overloaded" from money. The line was so long for food. Also, there was an hour wait for indoor visits so I went outside. It wasn't that bad but my husband was shivering a bit but he didn't mind.
It was worth it!!

twiceblssd
11-20-2008, 01:29 PM
I went to visit on 11/15
There was a long line for food when I was there too!
I chose to use the few machines up front...less options to choose from but he didn't even care what I bought as long as he got his visit :)
More security doesn't bother me...I felt like skipping in there because I was so happy!
I did get a letter this week that was from 11/17 as of that date he had not been to commissary and was about to run out of stamps. He said he had not gotten to go to Commissary since lock-down was lifted!!!!! I'm going back this weekend to get in some extra time....2 more days to go!