View Full Version : Marriage packet

wtomatoo1030
11-07-2008, 06:18 AM
I sent my marriage packet to counsler today, with 2 pcs money order, first MO $55 payable to county clerk, another one for postage $7.50, should left blank, but bank staff told me I could not blank it, is it OK the Payable to: Prison facility marriage coordinator?
Marriage packet only few pages paper, is it correct?

Maylee
11-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi wtomatoo1030, When I sent in my packet with the money orders I left one blank just like it asked. I called the marriage coordinator to make sure and she told me the same thing. The packet is only a few pages long... so why they call it a packet I don't know. Anyhow I would call the marriage coordinator and check with them as it will very from state to state. Good luck and congrats!:)

I sent my marriage packet to counsler today, with 2 pcs money order, first MO $55 payable to county clerk, another one for postage $7.50, should left blank, but bank staff told me I could not blank it, is it OK the Payable to: Prison facility marriage coordinator?
Marriage packet only few pages paper, is it correct?

hissunshine4evr
11-07-2008, 11:34 AM
ok i have a question. do i really have to send my actual birth certificate???

wtomatoo1030
11-07-2008, 12:16 PM

yes, I think so..

wtomatoo1030
11-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi wtomatoo1030, When I sent in my packet with the money orders I left one blank just like it asked. I called the marriage coordinator to make sure and she told me the same thing. The packet is only a few pages long... so why they call it a packet I don't know. Anyhow I would call the marriage coordinator and check with them as it will very from state to state. Good luck and congrats!:)

WHen did you send your packet? How long you have been waiting?

Maylee
11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
I mailed it in September and I have been waiting since...

WHen did you send your packet? How long you have been waiting?

Maylee
11-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I mailed them a copy and not my actual certificate.

wtomatoo1030
11-07-2008, 06:36 PM
yes, I think so..

Sorry, i made the mistake..NO, send the copy!!

DavidsGirl4Ever
11-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Maylee...

The marriage packet I got from CRC said they required the original birth certificate so I called and confirmed it with them....I guess each prison is different.

light at end
11-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Wow, that's crazy. They want the actual birth certificate. I'm so glad where I married my husband at they didn't ask for anything. The only thing I had to get was a dissolusion of marriage since he had been married before. I didn't need birth certificates, SS cards, drivers license, nothing. Just $ pretty much.

Maylee...

The marriage packet I got from CRC said they required the original birth certificate so I called and confirmed it with them....I guess each prison is different.

DavidsGirl4Ever
11-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow, that's crazy. They want the actual birth certificate. I'm so glad where I married my husband at they didn't ask for anything. The only thing I had to get was a dissolusion of marriage since he had been married before. I didn't need birth certificates, SS cards, drivers license, nothing. Just $ pretty much.

You really got lucky. They required original birth certificates for both of us, copies of both our ID's (like they don't know who he is), a letter from me stating that I was aware of the charges and his release date and something else but I can't remember now....lol. I sent our packet in in August of this year and we are still waiting....and waiting. :mad: I don't understand what takes so long...we have a daughter together and we live together....just not at the moment...does anyone know why it takes so long?

Maylee
11-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Yes it is different and fustrating...

quote=DavidsGirl4Ever;4146969]Maylee...

The marriage packet I got from CRC said they required the original birth certificate so I called and confirmed it with them....I guess each prison is different.[/quote]

light at end
11-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I hope you get approved soon. I don't know why it takes so long. I think they just sit on it for a while. I did get lucky. It actually took me longer to get my dissolusion of marriage than it took to get approved to marry. I put my packet in after another couple and was approved before they were. My husband and I were married and had a family visit before the other couple were even married. Makes no sense. We must have had good karma.

You really got lucky. They required original birth certificates for both of us, copies of both our ID's (like they don't know who he is), a letter from me stating that I was aware of the charges and his release date and something else but I can't remember now....lol. I sent our packet in in August of this year and we are still waiting....and waiting. :mad: I don't understand what takes so long...we have a daughter together and we live together....just not at the moment...does anyone know why it takes so long?

speedyforever
11-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Marriage packet only few pages paper, is it correct? are you in california

Miss Medina
11-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Well I mailed my marriage packet in at Wasco but no money orders and I had to mail my orginal birth certificate but if I am right we aren't going to get a date because he gets out soon and it takes to long but it takes forever because the counselors get lazy and sit on it till they are ready to do it. I sent my stuff in we will see what happens

light at end
11-10-2008, 10:42 PM
With only 25 days till his release date you should just wait.

wtomatoo1030
11-11-2008, 01:27 AM
are you in california

NO, I am in China

Miss Medina
11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
With only 25 days till his release date you should just wait.

Yeah I know and we will probably end up waiting because by the time we get a date and fo through all that shit but than again he got written up and we don't know if they are going to give him his days back so we might have a chance it all depends on what his counselor says.

dmanswife
11-12-2008, 07:54 PM
What takes so long?? Do you know if they do a complete background check to see if the inmate was ever married before?? Is that what takes long? We sent ours in and now the councelor has it.

light at end
11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
It's just like everything with CDC things take time. Each facility is different on how long it takes to get approved. I got very lucky. It only took a month for mine to get approved.

dmanswife
11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Does anyone one know if they do a background check on the inmate and thats what takes so long?

Maylee
11-13-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't know I am asking my self the same question… :confused: What takes them so long? I called the prison and I was told by a very rude person that marriages are low priority :eek: and that they have other things they do as well and that they will get to it when they get to it... :angry: This made me very upset cause I understand that everyone has things to do but all I wanted was the status and didn’t even get it…:argh:

light at end
11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't know. It's proably what maylee says. They have other things to do and they get to it when they get to it. If either one of you a dissolusion of marriage has to be submited so they have that info. They shouldn't have to do much of a background check on the inmates. They allready have there whole life on file. How long have you been waiting?

Does anyone one know if they do a background check on the inmate and thats what takes so long?

DavidsGirl4Ever
11-13-2008, 07:37 PM
My man checked on the status of our approval last week and they showed him a stack of marriage packets and told him that they would get to it when they had time....he will probably be home before they get to it.

dmanswife
11-13-2008, 10:26 PM
We have been waiting about 3 months....it took someone else just 3 months and they are already married now. I agree they do already have the inmates whole life on file...i am just anxious just to hear an approval. :o

light at end
11-14-2008, 06:46 PM
I've got my fingers crossed for you that you get your approval soon.

indianawmn7798
11-14-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting my packet to come in the mail :dizzy:

But I'm wondering something though.... he's already put April 24th on it, that doesn't work for me because I have the kids that weekend. So I talked to him about April 3rd and he was alright with that. He says they need at least 90 days... I'm giving them 120 days LOL From what I understand it's a pretty quick approval process.... but can I change the date that he wrote on there to April 3rd or does he have to fill out another form??

He wasn't sure so I thought I would ask.....