View Full Version : For MWI's ~ What's Your Definition of Love?

Sandibee
11-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I have a question for the individuals MWI who are in love? What's your definition of love and how do you know the "love" is real?

Marseille
11-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I am a little curious about your wording here and the fact that are explicitly asking MWI couples. You seem to be implying that the definition of love and how we know it is real is different than it would be in any other circumstance. I could just be overly sensitive today, but that's how I read it...

Anyway, I think it is impossible to answer the question without using some of those tried and true "love quotes" but I'll try.

My man is my best friend. He's the first person I want to tell when something good happens, and the first person I want with me when something bad happens. I find myself thinking of "us" more than I think of "me". My days are happier with him. I smile more, I laugh more, I have more fun with my kids, I enjoy my job more... just because he makes my heart happy.

We can disagree without fighting, we can have a bad day without taking it out on each other, we can compromise without feeling resentful. We can make it without each other, but would never want to.

We have so much in common, but we each possess certain qualities that the other lacks. Corniness aside, we complete each other.

We were friends first and always, we'll be lovers very soon. For now, we are IN love, no matter how we met.

AaronsBeautiful
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
I would answer this but i am not. Because you did not give a good reason for the questions and why single out people that are mwi? What does it matter we know what love is just like you do. We just choose to find love where we feel like it. I rhink everyone is grown and can make up there mind about what love is. So am thinking you need to figure that out.

Rosr Mary
11-02-2008, 04:48 PM
No matter if you're a MWI or someone on the street , to me it's the same. Loving someone soooo much it hurts. Never wanting to be without them, wanting to do everything in your power to make then happy, And wanting to spend the REST of your life with them. I had this with my late husband (we were high school sweethearts) and now I have it with my MWI. So please don't think we love any different than anyone else!

Temeron0926
11-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I thought about not answering this just for the simple fact it is a BIASED question. I think the OP doesn't believe that WE who are MWI can TRUELY love someone we never met on the outside. That is just MY OPINION.

I AM however going to answer it, because I KNOW what love is and I KNOW that Ray and I are the REAL thing.

We know each others hearts. We have been together longer than most people stay married. We know each other better than anyone on the outside knows either of us. We are IN love and we LOVE each other beyond reason.

We can complete each others sentences, we can read each others minds, even over the telephone. We have the same values, the same morals, the same sense of what is right and wrong.

We are best friends, soulmates, everything to each other. We love without condition, we talk about EVERYTHING, we NEVER yell at each other, we compromise.

He is the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I think about when I go to bed at night. This has not changed in 14 years.

So, YES we know what love is, we are IN love and we love each other perfectly, for us.

my2girls
11-02-2008, 05:32 PM
No matter if you're a MWI or someone on the street , to me it's the same. Loving someone soooo much it hurts. Never wanting to be without them, wanting to do everything in your power to make then happy, And wanting to spend the REST of your life with them. I had this with my late husband (we were high school sweethearts) and now I have it with my MWI. So please don't think we love any different than anyone else!

Exactly... well put. :) Thats how I see it as well. Nothing is different, well except the obvious.. but since we're talking FEELINGS, then nothing is different. :)

gabbygirl372001
11-02-2008, 05:39 PM
For me....its a feeling that even though we dont see each other every day, we are still connected. When I am with him...I feel like Im home. He makes me feel better than any man ever has before. He makes me feel complete. That to me...is what love is. Yes, we met while incarcerated...big deal...people meet in lots of ways.

LadyKisses
11-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow that is weird.. I think MWI love just the same way Love is love, niether u meet at the freakin applebees or the corner of the street or at chruch or threw a penpal site or was with them before they went to prison, love is love..And as I always say love works in mysterious way...Love comes to you...And it feels ure body with peace and love and understanding..And what makes MWI any different???? it doesnt..We are people 2 whom love and love hard and miss hard....I love being a MWI and I am in love and thats all I am speaking on.. my man he knows I love him and I know he loves me and that is justice right thier.....We all love the same and it starts with our hearts!!!!!

Angelsdelight
11-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Plain & Simple BECAUSE I KNOW IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahannah1561
11-03-2008, 10:10 AM
love is something you can never explian!

amanda9014
11-03-2008, 10:47 AM
I DIdnt go looking for hime and he didnt come looking for me we jsut somehow crossed one another along the line. Hes that person cant go a day with out, and it on your mind constantly. First person you think about in the morning and the last one on your mind before you shut your eyes at nite. He's there for me and supports me, i'm there for him and i support him. Its what i feel when i'm in his arms. Feeling that can't always be explained. But feels so damn good :)

Amdroell
11-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Now I don't know if I can say I'm in love with him yet but I sure do love him to death. The man makes me smile when I don't feel like it, he tells me the truth whether it be good or bad, he's open to learning more about me and how I wanna be loved, and he's willing to move away from his family for me. How can you not love that? I know I love him because this is not my first rodeo, I know what love is and how it feels so I know my love for him is real. I wouldn't be there for him the way I am if it wasn't. :twocents:

Wobabi
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
MWI Love is,,,holding on to someone year after year in prison when all you have is his picture and his letter in your hands:heart:

Mr Oso's Lady
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I have to say that I loved everyones answers!!! Very well put ladies!!! Well for me its like this I met him many years ago... and I could never get him out of my system, we reunited and I know that he is the one for me!! I can't really explain why or put into words how I know it is love I just know and when it happens to you, you just know.

Mesmerized
11-04-2008, 05:02 AM
To me love is unconditional. There's no stipulations, restrictions, or boundaries. Its being there no matter what. No questions asked. It's not judging, and not pretending. It's the most intense, the most uncontrolable, and the most powerful feeling that you could have that is highly favored in God's eyes!