View Full Version : What's allowed in North Kern State Prison at Delano

desertskys
12-09-2003, 02:58 AM
Hi !! I really appreciate the time it took to write out all the things that can be included ( or not) in a quarterly box. My son is in North Kern State Prison at Delano, he got there last week. He was given 2 years but has timed served for all but about 7-8 months of it.Good Lord willing. So with his time so short , I really don't see that I need to send him a full on wardrobe, can we just send a few embossed envelopes, & pencils, or is that considred a "quartely Package"
Thanks So. I am sure this is a question that needs to be directed to the jail.And to they have like a packet/or sumthin for new State Prisoners??So that we will know the rules,like when he can call ,ect.
Thanks so for any help, And is there any one out there that can shed some light on what Delano is like???
Thanks..

Sue/Travis in CA] :confused:
P. S. worried MoM can u tell.1st for last born to be in a prison, has only done county time.So I guess I'll has my questions huh?? TY

MsClever
12-09-2003, 06:19 AM
Welcome to PTO !

You can send in the mail at any time 25 blank envelopes, 25 stamps, clear pens , pencils, and writing paper (make sure you tear off the cardboard backing).

They will give him a Title 15, rules and regs, CDC technical lingo and babble, and what is called a Fish Kit. State issued hygeine products, a few envelopes, paper ect.

There is a sticky thread on the first page of this forum for visitor information. That should help you too .

Im sure that once he hustles up a job, and gets off orientation status he will be allowed to use the phone to place a collect call to you.

Good Luck !

Jakesgirl
12-10-2003, 05:16 AM
I can tell you that Jake has been in North Kern for 5 weeks now and he still isn't allowed to make phone calls. They are telling me that it could take as long as 90 days before he is able. You can't send stamps into North Kern they have to be the embossed envelopes and if I am not mistake you can't send pens or pencils either. I am poitive about the stamps and I know the lady on the phone told me no pens and xuch, but she could have been wrong. Hope this helps.
Carrie

desertskys
12-10-2003, 12:12 PM
:argh Carrie: Oh My, I appreciate youre post very much. I know I should have called the prison before I mailed anything, not that I don't really appreciate any kind of information or help,but I guess I'm still in kind of a denial.Thus putting off that call.Because yesterday i mailed an envelope with envelopes, clear pens& pencils, and a book of stamps. Well I guess I'll be seeing that package back....Thanks for the info Carrie!!

Truth Seeker
12-10-2003, 01:45 PM
Hello!

Can anyone here tell me what is allowed to send to someone in San Quentin? Thank you,
a'belle

alize
12-14-2003, 09:37 PM
You can mail the items mentioned in the earlier post. Stamps envelopes paper clear pens money orders. NO stickers, glitter, puzzles. Mags & books from the publisher only. No calendars? I read that somewhere. Polaroids must have the developer strip taken off. No x-rated pictures, no bodily stuff.....the usual. My man is in S.Q. also.:(

francis
12-17-2003, 02:19 AM
is he in there for reception, and then he will be transferred to the prison he is assigned to?

if so he could be in reception for 30 to 90 days, and they are not allowed to use the phones, so lots of letters keeps them sane, and connected to the outside world...

that was my experience

francis
12-17-2003, 02:21 AM
p.s.

hang in there i know it must be rough to have one's child in prison..

take care-
francis

i_a
03-06-2004, 11:33 PM
you know they say up to 90 days but they told me up to 120 days and my fiance has been there for 5 months as of the march 1. and when i call i get the run around the lady in records says he shouldnt still be there yet he is its frustrating to get no exact answers to your question.
sincerly frustrated