View Full Version : Is Visitation Open for this weekend?? - Allred Unit - Texas Prison

Cruz's Friend
10-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know if All Red will allow visits this weekend? I know because of the whole wide-system lock down they denied visits last weekend. If anyone finds out anything, may you please post up your comment. Thank you!!!

lmanoy
10-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I called the ombudsman today and they said as of yet they did not know but they should let them know by tomorrow.

ccnrly
10-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I guess you just have to call the unit on friday to see if there is visitation this weekend. :banghead:

Cruz's Friend
10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey do you know it they will allow special visits. I know you have to schedule them before you go, and if I call on Friday will it be approved? See I'm driving from Houston, TX all the way to Wichita Falls. I never done this before so that's why I'm asking.

RobinsMan
10-29-2008, 10:16 AM
If you live more than three hundred miles from the unit, according to the Texas State Mileage Guide ,then you are eligible for special visits. It says that the distance from Houston to Wichita Falls is 371.2 miles so you should qualify. Special visits can be up to four hours a day and for two days on a weekend. However, granting of special visits and the length and format are at the discretion of the warden. You should call the wardens office to request the special visit and follow the procedure that they require. You should call the day before you leave to verify that the visit is still approved and make sure to get the name of who you speak to and, if possible, who will be on duty that weekend that will know that the visit has been approved.

Cruz's Friend
10-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Thank you so much for the information. Its really helps. Have a bless day!!!!:)

ccnrly
10-31-2008, 03:53 PM
I just got off the phone with the wardens office at Allred and they are still on lockdown. No visits and no phone calls this weekend. :no:

I live in Houston (really in Webster) and travel to Iowa Park (Allred) as well. I dont thin they will do it at the last minute, but you can call on monday and request a special visit for that coming weekend. Then you have to call on thursday or friday to make sure it was approved. I have gotten 4 hour visit on friday and on saturday before. You just have to ask the wardens assistance for it and she will talk to the warden. Good Luck to ya and have a safe trip.....

erica2539
11-03-2008, 01:06 PM
still on lockdown as of this morning...i called. :-(

ccnrly
11-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Geez..... Got a letter from my son on saturday. He said he's staving due to this lockdown. Only pbj sandwiches & nothing much else. Im planning on going up there around the middle of the month. Hope they will be off lockdown by then

Whybnraml1
11-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I called the unit today they are still on lockdown and no visitation this weekend