View Full Version : Going to Polunsky this weekend...Texas Prison

emo
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Hey all! I am going to visit my friend in Polunsky this weekend. He just got transferred there so this will be my first visit at this unit.. I have visited a few other TX prisons, so I know all of the 'basic' rules.. But, each unit is unique.. Any tips, suggestions, or general information I should know?! Thanks!!

katydidsbro
10-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Sorry, emo, but not this weekend. All visitations at all units have been canceled. All units are on lockdown, and this may go for the next 2-4 weeks. No visitations anywhere until it's over. Here's the story:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369825

Kay

emo
10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Thank you!

Sorry, emo, but not this weekend. All visitations at all units have been canceled. All units are on lockdown, and this may go for the next 2-4 weeks. No visitations anywhere until it's over. Here's the story:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369825

Kay

emo
10-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Well, any suggestions for when I visit after they come off lockdown.. I guess I'll be going either the weekend before or after Thanksgiving!

KennysQueen
10-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Hey if they're still on lockdown how am I getting mail? I though lockdown means no contact with the world.He did say he was in the bunks and they handled that part first . does that make a diffrence?

DAVID4LIFE
10-23-2008, 07:56 AM
They still recieve mail during lockdown, I called the mailrooms. Mail will just slow down.

putergirl
10-23-2008, 11:21 AM
The same rules apply. Although I was told to put my sunglasses back in my vehicle for the first time. I was also told not to bring my coinpurse anymore even though it's in the rules as approved items. And while I was visiting my brother in Cotulla, my blouse was too revealing, even though it was NOT; so I had to go to the dollar store to buy another shirt.
You can still bring $20 in quarters. You have to ask to go to the bathroom (they unlock the doors for you and you must close it once you're done). The food items there are the best that I've seen. You can visit outside or inside if you want.
Hope that helps!

emo
10-29-2008, 11:52 PM
The food items there are the best that I've seen. You can visit outside or inside if you want.

At Polunksy or Cotulla?

RlovesJ
10-30-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty sure if you are not related, your visit has to be through the glass booth, using phones.
Once you are on their list as a relative, and they are allowed contact visits, then you get to choose outdoor or indoor seating.

May want to call and check that out.

twiceblssd
11-01-2008, 05:47 PM
called 10/31/08 still under freakin lock-down as I watch other units be lifted!
I did get a letter that evening and as of earlier in the week it took him 11 days to get my letters I am only 3 hrs away!....I was getting his just fine and he thought I was busy...frustrating for sure!!! I will be glad to get a pat down to get in :)
I am soooooooo ready for my visit.
Also I do glass visit so don't let some glass stand in your way!
Watch the phone in booth 5 cause the reception is better when you use old school can and string! ha!ha! just shake the cord.....worked for me

emo
11-02-2008, 10:52 AM
We are related, and had contacts while he was at Gurney.. But, I was more interested in the food!! LoL.. He loves to eat! haha.

I'm pretty sure if you are not related, your visit has to be through the glass booth, using phones.
Once you are on their list as a relative, and they are allowed contact visits, then you get to choose outdoor or indoor seating.

May want to call and check that out.