View Full Version : Camp Glenwood La Honda

10-20-2008, 02:58 AM
How many people know anything about Camp glenwood,in California la Honda.:)

10-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Is this a fire camp? I am not sure about this one, but if it is a fire camp you might want to post your question in the fire camp forum. I do not know if anyone there will know about this camp cause as far as I know none of the woman in our forum has a guy at this camp but we might be able to answer any general questions you might have about fire camps. Come and join us in the fire camp forum.

10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
How many people know anything about Camp glenwood,in California la Honda.:)

Camp Glenwood - Boys' Camp
Established in 1961, Camp Glenwood serves high-risk young men who are facing extended detention in Juvenile Hall or who would have been sentenced to long-term incarceration in a secure California Youth Authority facility. Located about 30 miles south of San Mateo in La Honda, the Camp provides a structured residential setting with services addressing the boys’ serious issues around education, behavior, family, substance abuse, and gangs. The average daily population in fiscal year 2006-07 was 44.
Boys are court-ordered to a stay at Camp Glenwood for approximately six months. During that time, staff work intensively with boys on controlling their impulses and anger, graduating from high school or achieving a GED, and sustaining positive interpersonal relationships. Special services include a 16-week cognitive skill-building class, mental health and substance abuse counseling, and meditation. Boys participate in a yearly house-building project with Habitat for Humanity ( , an annual week-long hiking trip, and a holiday wreath-making business that raises money for activities throughout the year.

Photo Gallery - (click to enlarge) ( ( (
Partner Agencies
Other County agencies collaborate with the Probation Department to provide education (, food (,2151,1954_10639625,00.html), health (,2151,1954_10639625,00.html), and mental health ( services at the Camp.
I hope this helps:)